As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where No Man Has Gone Before, Episode 1, "Pilot": Scene 2, Onboard the USS Anansi

14567810»

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    The gray tiger's image distorts and twists, but maintains its shape as Kale rips into it with the glass.
    It tied the saving throw to resist doubling over in pain, so I am going to grant it partial victory, and deny a move action this round.

Resisting Stabbing: 1d20+5 15

@Dongs Galore if you want to make your next action, go ahead. @Matev 's action will be resolved as soon as it is announced.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    When is it my go, out of interest? Don't want to butt in, just want to keep things rolling

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    When is it my go, out of interest? Don't want to butt in, just want to keep things rolling
    In fact, now! Sorry, I had the order screwed up in my head. This is why I shouldn't post at work! And yet here I am.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    The gray tiger's image distorts and twists, but maintains its shape as Kale rips into it with the glass.
    It tied the saving throw to resist doubling over in pain, so I am going to grant it partial victory, and deny a move action this round.

Resisting Stabbing: 1d20+5 15

@Dongs Galore if you want to make your next action, go ahead. @Matev 's action will be resolved as soon as it is announced.

"Caelum denique!" Buck roars, as he slams his fist into the Tiger's muzzle!

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Can someone @ me when it's my turn? I know Dex posted the innitiative order somewhere, but I am butts at finding it.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    I think this is it, unless it has been superceded:
    And finally, initiative order:
    Featherwell
    Claymore
    Kalelothran
    Buck Steele
    Sv’ral
    Goons
    Henri

• Options
    That is correct, I screwed up and bumped Steele up the list. It was me, I ruined it.

@Solar, you're up, buddy!

• Options
    That is correct, I screwed up and bumped Steele up the list. It was me, I ruined it.

@Solar, you're up, buddy!
    Defer my action to whenever appropriate, then, I don't mind

• Options
    Woo I'm helping

• Options
    Grab the Lirpa and charge!: 1d20+6 14

holy crap!

With a flourish, Julius hooked his foot under the Lirpa and brought spinning into his hands. He tried vainly to remember his close quarter melee classes back at the acadamy, and brought up nothing useful. Cadet Goodwin had been very attractive in her jumpsuit. Well, if in doubt, revert to aggression in a combat situation! Shouting a wordless war cry, Claymore leapt at Tiny and opened up a long cut on the huge engineer's chest.
    Damage? I tried finding it in the core rules but it doesn't seem to be there

I am at -2 AC though for charging

• Options
    Lirpa:

1d10 slashing damage or 1d4 bludgeoning damage. Unlike other weapons of its ilk, due to its momentum-based design (balanced on both sides to encourage broad swings), the Lirpa may not be used as a double weapon. However, this means you suffer no penalties to use.

Upon making a successful attack with the bludgeoning end, you may make a free trip attempt. Switching between modes is a move-equivalent action.

(i just whipped that up, does that sound okay?)

• Options
    Yeah sounds rad

so my physical stat is plus 1, I guess that means I get to add plus 1 to my damage? Do we add our level as well?

• Options
    Just your physical stat to damage.

• Options
    Lirpa Damage: 1d10+1 5

• Options
    Actually, you are! Sorry, sidelined by work.

Go right ahead.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kale flipped the shard of glass to his other hand, and lashed out at the tiger.
    Stab a tiger + damage: 1d20+4 8 1d4+1 5

• Options
    Tiny looks down, wordlessly, at the gaping wound in his chest, and lets out a small chuckle under his breath.
    HP 34
    AC 12* (-2 for charging on his last turn)

Kale's shard of glass comes barreling down, only to find an empty space where the tiger used to be, as its simulated shape continues to flail and distort wildly.
    HP 14
    AC 15

Meanwhile, Buck's fist meets the other tiger's nose, sending it stumbling back in a daze. It regains its senses a moment later, and prepares to strike.
    HP 6
    AC 15

@SammyF, your turn. As previously stated, @Matev, you can resolve your turn whenever.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    With a flash of static, as soon as Buck's fist hits the tiger, it vanishes, gone back into the holodeck's memory banks.
    Forgot to note Sv'ral's damage, which puts it over the limit; @SammyF gets an action point for catching the mistake.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sv'ral drops the now-useless neck of the broken liquor bottle. Now weaponless, she wished that she'd thought to bring a phaser with her on this away team mission.

A thought occurs to her as she watches Ensign Featherwell grapple with the traitorous Mr. Wolfe, however, and she reaches for the next best thing.

"Hold on, Karen!" Sv'ral shouts as she flips open her communicator. "Away team to Odysseus. Do you copy?"

"Odysseus -- request emergency transport! Lock onto Ensign Featherwell's communicator transponder and beam her back aboard ship. Have a security team meet them in the transporter room; she's bringing a guest with her. How copy, Odysseus?"
    @Matev Assuming this works -- I have no idea what the DC for this would be -- you're going to end up back on the ship with Wolfe; this will hopefully remain awesome for you while the rest of us beat up on Tiny and the one remaining holographic tiger. Hope you don't mind, but this seemed like a uniquely Star Trekkie way for a support character like myself to handle crowd control. XOXO Sv'ral.

SammyF on
  • Options
    Khareshi quickly responds. "Copy that, Sv'ral. We've got your coordinates. We--zzt--send--vworp--now-" the sunlight around you flickers and fades. A solar flare. Your signal is interrupted for a moment.

Then, the familiar sound of a transporter beaming up. But as you look over to Featherwell... you see nothing.

That's when you hear it. "Ehh? Nyet--NYEEEEEEEEEET!" A gurgled foreign scream as Tiny vanishes into thin air. Your communicator pings to life.

"Alright, they're coming in now. Security team is in place. Wait, this isn't right. Who are--AHH!" Smash, crash, slam. The sounds of phasers flying wildly through the transporter dock. Bodies flying, screams wailing. Redshirts facing an untimely demise.

"SV'RAL, WHAT THE NEUTRAL ZONE DID YOU SEND OUR WAY!? That man--that thing--was a giant! He nearly ripped the transporter deck in two! It's gonna take an hour to get systems back to 100%! Which means..." he sighs, "You're gonna have to beam over from their transporter deck."

Director's notes:
    So I set the DC at 20, equally because so-crazy-it-just-might-work plans and crazy solar flares. But I figured you rolled close enough, and the idea was clever/unexpected enough, that I wanted to reward it. So Tiny is gone, but Wolfe is still in the fight, and now after the fight, there's a final "Gather the survivors and get to the transporter" skill challenge to get back to the Odysseus.

• Options
    redshirts dying means redshirts doing their job! Excellent tactical move Sv'Ral!

• Options
    Sv'ral's cheeks flare bright white as she blushes. She would never admit this to Featherwell, but she'd momentarily toyed with the idea of having Khareshi beam them both directly into the icy vacuum of space -- she knew the risks when she signed on as a security officer! -- and now she wishes that she'd gone ahead and done just that.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    My turn or do I wait for the goons?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    You're up @Cayrus! I'll move the goons when I update the map and everything.

• Options
    Excellent. Is anyone in need of dire medical assistance? If so, I can use one of the hydrosprays.

• Options
    Am I correct in remembering that our illustrious leader got hit in the chest with a phaser? Or did I completely make that shit up?

• Options
    No, that is correct, and what I would recommend.

• Options
    Gonna be out of town this weekend, if my turn comes up just punch something for me please

• Options
    sorry, I'm in the middle of a move. Can you hydrospray Claymore for me?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    No prob. I'll handle Henri's turn after work, and Buck's if it come up. In the meantime, I'm assuming @Matev wants to do a series of suplexes, slamming Wolfe into a series of glass piles, while he pitifully resists. In 24 hours, that becomes a fact, just so we can keep moving.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Putting away his phaser, Henri pulls out his true specialty--his hypospray--spinning it like a drumstick in his hands as he turns to Claymore, spraying his wounds and healing 5 hit points.
    Henri (@Cayrus), would you like to use your Field Medic ability and further heal Claymore?

Meanwhile, Featherwell lifts Wolfe up, and delivers a stunning suplex into square J3. You hear glass smash, bones crack, and the deafening thud of 10 damage. Unfortunately, it seems the suplex itself was almost TOO great, as Wolfe easily managed to resist being made into a pin cushion. And so, still thoroughly in control of the grapple (she succeeds automatically, thanks to a +10 bonus), she delivers a second suplex, BACK into square I5, figuring Kale and Sv'ral can whale on him better where he was. And to hear Wolfe's pained wheeze upon his arrival, you can most certainly tell, he is almost unconscious.
    HP: 2
    AC: 12* (usually 14, -2 for a grapple, -2 for Denobulan personal space issues, +2 for dust cloud)

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The remaining tiger flickers and dims, snapping back into reality with just enough time to bite and claw at Kalelothran, to no effect.

Meanwhile, Wolfe, on his last legs (so to speak) attempts to escape Featherwell's grip, still to no avail.
    Escaping Grapple: 1d20+3 6

Another auto-failed escape, as Featherwell's bonus is +10.

Top of the round. Featherwell (@Matev), you still control the grapple, feel free to announce your action.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Claymore (@Solar ), step right up.