Options

GO FIND THE NEW [STEAM] THREAD

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    New sale! New sale! I don't recall a Spring Indie sale last year.

Never underestimate Valve's ability to come up with new excuses to take all your mone have a sale.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I loved Savage, and I'm a bit concerned that by the time I get around to buying NS2 no one will be playing it anymore.

As it stands, how many people are still playing it? Does it still have a good community?

I can always find a fair number of good performance+good ping+nearly full servers near me. Steam stats say there are 900 playing right now and a 1,400 player peak today.

As far as the community there are a few rotten eggs but the quality is pretty high. You'll find a lot more friendly mic-using teamwork-oriented people than you would in most games.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    New sale! New sale! I don't recall a Spring Indie sale last year.

Never underestimate Valve's ability to come up with new excuses to take all your mone have a sale.

And this is just spring's indie sale...

Also: Just acquired the last few DLC I didn't own for HoI3, a game I still don't properly know how to play.

I'm insane.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah there was a PC release (I own it... But I think I'm missing Disc 2).

Square sells it digitally from their site. Currently on sale for $6

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @Drake just ninja-gifted me the Valley Without Wind 1&2 pack. Woo-hoo!

Thank you! (You are the sole reason it was on my wishlist. :) )

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Woo Euro Truck Sim 2 is $20 with the sale and Recettear is $6.79 ... decisions, decisions.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Woo Euro Truck Sim 2 is $20 with the sale and Recettear is $6.79 ... decisions, decisions.

Either one is an amazing choice, quite frankly.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Iolo, my pleasure! I hope you find some fun in those valleys.

Also... oh shit I was not mentally prepared for this remember the protocols must activate the failsafe oh no containment breach containment breach...

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular

The correct answer, obviously, is to get them both and then refer to it as "The Small Business Ownership" Bundle.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    You guys know that @CorriganX fellow? And how he likes to convince people to play games with him, right?! His most used and efficient method: he just gifts you the game!!! Thank you for Sonic All-Star Racing. I will save all my "blue shell" equivalent items just for you!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Damnit Steam!

Having a sale when I don't have money and a backlong as long as my...arm? I think I can resist. Maybe just something cheap with the last $4 in my wallet...just one...

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I really want Geneforge but think I will wait and hope it is 75 percent off eventually.

Also the huge backlog.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Amazon, when you put a game on sale it would be rad if you also put the DLC on sale. Right now you're showing XCOM: Enemy Unknown at 67% off. At $1.65 I would totally buy the dress-up pack. I'm sick of standard colors, but I will not pay $5 for it. Steam, I can't see you at work, but if you take the advice that Amazon won't, I will totally throw you $1.65 instead.

Also, these preorder tier things are awesome. I already own Bioshock and XCOM and don't play TF2 but I want to preorder Bioshock Infinite really badly because it's such a good value. Stupid not having $50. I also want to buy God of War Ascension from GS because it comes with every other GoW game ever made even though I've only ever played the first one.

I have problems, Steam thread. First world problems.

EDIT: Damn it, time to find $17. I have $43 in Amazon credit and I've hyped myself up and convinced myself that I need it. Also, when did PC games become $60 affairs?

EDIT, part 2: Wait! I have $20 in my mechanical turk account. Time to figure out how to turn that into Amazon money. After that, it's time to find a friend without XCOM. And after that, it's time to find some free time to play it. Thanks, Steam thread (it makes me feel better to thank you than to admit I'm talking to myself here)!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Woo Euro Truck Sim 2 is $20

Indeed. This is killing me. The Newell clearly hates me and wants me to suffer.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

Yeah I may need to buckle and pick that one up.

Finished Resonance last night. That was pretty good. there was one little sticky patch in the middle where I got a bit lost on what I had to do, but I will say the game got a genuine "oh shit" out of me at one point.
    Anyone tried the Blackwell games? Still have those and Gemini Rue to go from that Wadget Eye bundle.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Also, when did PC games become $60 affairs?

Since Activision.

I empathize, as grad school loans don't offer any financial flexibility, so I get to stare at games in my wishlist for months and months before hopefully one of them goes on a sale at my birthday or Christmas.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    So is Dark Souls worth it? I mean at $20 because I think I recall it being that price during the last sale.

I haven't played it yet and I intend on it, but at the same time I feel like if I wait it will be cheaper during the summer sale.

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »

Yeah I may need to buckle and pick that one up.

Finished Resonance last night. That was pretty good. there was one little sticky patch in the middle where I got a bit lost on what I had to do, but I will say the game got a genuine "oh shit" out of me at one point.
    Anyone tried the Blackwell games? Still have those and Gemini Rue to go from that Wadget Eye bundle.

Only finished the first two Blackwell games (even though I own all 4.) They're awesome and worth your time.

Gemini Rue even more, I would say. I really enjoyed my time with it: sets the right mood at the right times, nice storyline and gameplay (you may agree or disagree on that based on the shooting segments, but if you don't like them, they're not that frequent.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    iRevert wrote: »
    So is Dark Souls worth it? I mean at $20 because I think I recall it being that price during the last sale.

I haven't played it yet and I intend on it, but at the same time I feel like if I wait it will be cheaper during the summer sale.

I love Dark Souls. It's fantastic.

But I wouldn't pay $20 for it. I got it for $15 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper than that somewhere at some point, and it will certainly be cheaper again.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular

But I wouldn't pay $20 for it. I got it for $15 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper than that somewhere at some point, and it will certainly be cheaper again.

I still think the game is worth it at full new release price, I like it that much. Especially if you haven't played Demon Souls. It's a very rare type of game that doesn't get made too often. If you can get it for $20 that's all the better.

Make sure you have a controller to play it though, I'm not sure how well it translates to mouse and keyboard.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm sitting staring at Recettear.

I can't technically really afford to spend money, plus I just brought a month of Star Conflict I want to abuse the hell out of.

Yet, it's only 5 pounds, is it good?

• Options

I can't technically really afford to spend money, plus I just brought a month of Star Conflict I want to abuse the hell out of.

Capitalism, ho!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    True fact, if you stare at a game in Steam long enough, it will start slowly going on sale.

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know if I can buy digital games off of Amazon.com if I live in Canada? I've been eyeing Xcom for a while now but It's still pretty expensive up here.

Edit:
    @iRevert - More on topic, I would say Dark Souls is definitely worth it. I've sunk over 100 hours into it on PS3, then my HD died and, while I was sad that I lost all my saves, it gave me a reason to start over and try something different. My backlog just keeps growing...

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

Make sure you have a controller to play it though, I'm not sure how well it translates to mouse and keyboard.

About as well as a horse with polio running uphill.

Also need to do the HD textures thing from what I hear, though all in all I think I'm going to risk it and hold off. I know its a good game and all but my backlog is quite long and I'm willing to bet on it going cheaper at some point.

iRevert on
  • Options

I still think the game is worth it at full new release price, I like it that much. Especially if you haven't played Demon Souls. It's a very rare type of game that doesn't get made too often. If you can get it for $20 that's all the better.

I did the tutorial using KBAM.

I accidentally un-equipped my weapon and didn't know how to get it back. This resulted in me punching everything to death using controls that felt like I was playing a tank simulator.

Good times, good times.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

In the spirit of the game you should buy something and attempt to resell it with a 5 pound profit to then buy the game you desire.

• Options
    True fact, if you stare at a game in Steam long enough, it will start slowly going on sale.

Corollary: If you buy a (non new-release) steam game while not on sale, it will surely go on sale in the following days.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options

In the spirit of the game you should buy something and attempt to resell it with a 5 pound profit to then buy the game you desire.

I'm trying to channel the spirit of the game by flogging TF2 stuff.

No one wants my hats D: Truly the economy is going down.

• Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    I don't want to live in a world where hats are not considered an acceptable form of currency.

Dark Souls = $20 or 10 bowlers.

Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    They're Genuine hats too! None of that 'brought after the game' tat. Having one signifies true devotion to Newell and yet no one bites. I even price them at about half the price everyone else does.

Bah humbug I say!

• Options
    I don't want to live in a world where hats are not considered an acceptable form of currency.

I'm waiting for everything that is tradeable to be marketable. It seems really silly to me that I can give a thing away but I can't sell it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

I'm trying to channel the spirit of the game by flogging TF2 stuff.

No one wants my hats D: Truly the economy is going down.

Maybe I should do this, I have many old school hats...

• Options
    jclast wrote: »

I'm waiting for everything that is tradeable to be marketable. It seems really silly to me that I can give a thing away but I can't sell it.

I don't think they will. Considering they're still selling the basic stuff in game. The market's just a Steam facilitated way to get a hold of unusuals and stuff like that.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

I thought it was cute and all, but honestly the selling got a little boring and once you figure out "the trick" then it just becomes a chore. The dungeon crawling is OK.

It has been cheaper than this I believe; if you are playing other stuff now I would pass.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They're Genuine hats too! None of that 'brought after the game' tat. Having one signifies true devotion to Newell and yet no one bites. I even price them at about half the price everyone else does.

Bah humbug I say!

You know what I'm a proud owner of? A god-damn ORIGINAL EDITION Ghastly Gibus...that's right, I have one of the first hats ever released for TF2, which I got the way you were actually supposed to get them (by killing someone who was wearing it, or had it in their inventory, forget what the condition was exactly). I've never been so proud of a hobo tophat before.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You can make some of the preorder stuff? I mean, I'll never wear Wilson's hair from Don't Starve in TF2 so I was planning on selling it. I guess it makes sense if somebody else can make or buy it in-game, but if not it seems silly to me. I can't complain too much - I'm getting a little money for nothing to blow on random games.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have a Bill's Hat, which is selling for over $100, but for some reason I can't select it when I try to sell :(

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, after drooling over the Sails of Glory miniature game.. I got to thinking. Are there any good Age of Sail strategy games on Steam?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
This discussion has been closed.