As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten / Persona Discussion] Devil Survivor 2 hits the DS, surprising... everyone.

1575859606163»

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also hoping to get a quick answer before a new thread. Got redirected here from H/A:

So I just picked up Persona 3 Portable, and holy crap it's awesome. But, I want to make sure I'm not screwing three important things up:

1) Max Social Ranks: I maxed out the Kendo team, and now, that character no longer shows up. Is there any point in continuing to go to practice, or is that it? I was actually enjoying that storyline, and I wouldn't want to miss things.

2) Experience: The game says that experience is split when you take more party members to Tartarus. Is the value that is displayed after each battle the already split experience, or is it the number that is going to be divided?

3) "The Fool" Social Link (your team): It seems that this one is only rising with each big encounter - is there any way to interact with Junpei, Yukari, etc outside of the main story progression? (In case there is, but it's spoilerly, I just completed the full moon that takes you to the hotel).

Skullo on
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Skullo wrote: »
    Also hoping to get a quick answer before a new thread. Got redirected here from H/A:

So I just picked up Persona 3 Portable, and holy crap it's awesome. But, I want to make sure I'm not screwing three important things up:

1) Max Social Ranks: I maxed out the Kendo team, and now, that character no longer shows up. Is there any point in continuing to go to practice, or is that it? I was actually enjoying that storyline, and I wouldn't want to miss things.

2) Experience: The game says that experience is split when you take more party members to Tartarus. Is the value that is displayed after each battle the already split experience, or is it the number that is going to be divided?

3) "The Fool" Social Link (your team): It seems that this one is only rising with each big encounter - is there any way to interact with Junpei, Yukari, etc outside of the main story progression? (In case there is, but it's spoilerly, I just completed the full moon that takes you to the hotel).

1. There's no point to going to practice. (And for the future, don't worry about missing events in the storyline. They won't happen unless you're there.)

2. The already-split amount is displayed. (Unless this was changed for the P3P version? Nah...)

3. The Fool is a storyline social link, so you've basically hit the nail on the head. Some of the characters in your group also get their own social links, which you'll likely discover as you progress through the game. Don't remember when they become available, but they're hard to miss.

Rex Dart on
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Skullo wrote: »

1) Once the S.Link is maxed, you don't have hang out with them anymore. I think you can, but it is pointless and you'll be wasting a day you could spend with someone else.

2) The value displayed has already been split, so that is how much each character is getting.

3) The Fool S.Link is completely story related. Depending on if you chose the male or female MC, you may be able to start an S.Link with your party members. The female has an S.Link with every party member, while the male only has them with the female party members.

Edit: Beat.

Shaggy on
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome! Thanks.

But man, I was really into the Kendo story :P.

Skullo on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Time for a new thread, eh? Maybe someone can answer these two simple questions beforehand.

1. In Nocturne, the "Dark Pledge" abilities that give bonuses based on the moon don't seem too useful. Is that a fair assessment? Or should I be making those a part of my strategy?

2. Also Nocturne. Heat wave does light damage to all enemies, with damage relative to health. Berserk does light damage to random enemies. Which is superior? How does health determine the damage?

1. Uh, I think this pertains to recruitment, but I could be wrong.

2. Berserk, overall. More useful against bosses.

Higher health, more damage.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Rather than make a new thread, i thought i'd best use this one. Devil Survivor Overclocked for europe is bugged.

If you try and use the 'summon' command to bring a new demon into a fight, the game totally crashes, which errr, makes things rather difficult to say the least.

More info here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532176

I can make a new thread about it if nessacary, but i thought this would do (even if it has been dead for some time)

See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Current SMT thread is here.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen