Options

Premature E[chat]ulation is a problem...

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Am I rightfully disappointed that Tycho is drinking Stella Artois in the comic today?

Yes.

Yes I am.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmmm i need to write my own sort routine to handle sorting strings by alphabetical order and another one to sort big ints

ponder

Start with 'A'

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    hmmm i need to write my own sort routine to handle sorting strings by alphabetical order and another one to sort big tits

ponder

FTFY

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    hmmm i need to write my own sort routine to handle sorting strings by alphabetical order and another one to sort big ints

ponder

are you allowed to use inbuilt string functions to grab a character's unicode number

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I just realized precisely how much C++ and Java I don't remember by trying to think of how to sort strings alphabetically.

Something about an array and the 50/50 search method?

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Am I rightfully disappointed that Tycho is drinking Stella Artois in the comic today?

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    An elephant in the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus was injured in a drive-by shooting on Tuesday, and the police were searching for suspects, law enforcement and circus officials said. The 39-year-old Asian elephant, named Carol, was resting in an enclosure outside the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo when a shot fired from a passing vehicle hit her shoulder, an arena spokesman said. The elephant is expected to fully recover, the circus said.

A circus animal's got to have a code.

Of course, the elephant won't cooperate to help the investigation.

This anti-snitching culture has got to stop.

Well, this isn't a matter for our white man's courts. Elephants need to appeal to a higher authority to resolve internal disputes:

babar.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvuzCgoITBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

ponder
    stringlist.sort

Ruby. 8->

And even without using the standard sort, it's really easy to write your own by including the Comparable module.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I just realized precisely how much C++ and Java I don't remember by trying to think of how to sort strings alphabetically.

use a library :rotate:

particularly for java

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I have to click right on Jon Lovitz's bhole to play that video.

• Options
    No wait, String already includes Comparable, so you can do shit like
    "a" > "b"

out of the box.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Also, you haven't lived until you have seen an actuary fight.

"As you can see here, we have used the industry standard .30% discount rate"
    "I don't think that any credible actuary in the WORLD would use a rate that high!"
    "Well, this is our practice, what do you use?"
    "We think .27%"
    "In all my years, i have never seen a rate that low! If you're not going to talk in good faith, then we're done here."
    Then they kiss

ITT you had a sexual awakening whilst watching 3-2-1 Contact

What a great show that was. Man kids today are getting screwed over even on inferior PBS shows. Dora the Explorer? Please.

I was a huge fan of that Math-net dragnet or whatever it was.

PBS shows back then were educational, now they're just about getting along with different people and celebrating other nationalities.

Who needs that when you've got lines of symmetry?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

One time I offered someone a bud light in my own home. He responded "Sure, if that's all you have"

WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Cool kids use # tables!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

use a library :rotate:

particularly for java

Yeah, but in these exercises you're usually supposed to do everything the long way so you understand the inner workings.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Also, you haven't lived until you have seen an actuary fight.

"As you can see here, we have used the industry standard .30% discount rate"
    "I don't think that any credible actuary in the WORLD would use a rate that high!"
    "Well, this is our practice, what do you use?"
    "We think .27%"
    "In all my years, i have never seen a rate that low! If you're not going to talk in good faith, then we're done here."
    Then they kiss

ITT you had a sexual awakening whilst watching 3-2-1 Contact

What a great show that was. Man kids today are getting screwed over even on inferior PBS shows. Dora the Explorer? Please.

I was a huge fan of that Math-net dragnet or whatever it was.

PBS shows back then were educational, now they're just about getting along with different people and celebrating other nationalities.

Who needs that when you've got lines of symmetry?

It was Math-Net. My favorite show ever.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

One time I offered someone a bud light in my own home. He responded "Sure, if that's all you have"

Because he accepted and drank the Bud Light?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

in fairness he probably didn't want to be friends with you either after you made him drink bud light

:P

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Cool kids use # tables!

real cool kids have no fucking idea what any of you are talking about

• Options

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

An interesting trap.

Because the appropriate response for your friend would have been, "What is this? A NASCAR race? Go fuck yourself!"

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

stella is tasty.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i dont know whether i'm allowed to getu nicode values

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Cool kids use # tables!

No. Cool kids create their own temp DB treehouses.

tempdeebaser <No Scrub Tier Bitches>

• Options
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    If someone offered me a Bud Light, no jury would convict me for what happened next

• Options

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

Because he accepted and drank the Bud Light?

No, because you do not step into my residence and go full beer snob on me.
    Bitch, I hardly even drink beer and if Im having people over, Im getting cans, because they fit on the fridge door candispenser, and I aint getting Dales Pale Ale or Porkslap, because some people just want a fucking bud/PBR.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Dupe post

Deebaser on
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    If someone offered me a Bud Light, no jury would convict me for what happened next

Because sodomy laws are unconstitutional.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I went to a craft beer festival this weekend.

I told my dad about it yesterday. He said, "Craft beer? Heh, more like CRAP beer! Ha ha ha!"

And then ordered a Miller High Life for lunch.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The Stella label is gold and red. The comic is just red.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

refusing to drink bud light does not make you a beer snob any more than refusing to drink muddy ditch water makes you a water snob

it simply makes you not worse than hitler

• Options

Yes.

Yes I am.

why?

Beer snob reasons.

stella is tasty.

Eh.

If that's your thing :P

Really, though, on that level of beer quality, it's one of the better ones. Way overpriced, though.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Because sodomy laws are unconstitutional.

the way God intended it to be

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

ponder

You have that programming test today, right Chu? Good luck!!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

I told my dad about it yesterday. He said, "Craft beer? Heh, more like CRAP beer! Ha ha ha!"

There is a terrible pun involving juries, beers and peers but i'm too tired to make it work.

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The Stella label is gold and red. The comic is just red.

Probably to avoid being too much of a likeness, I would think.

No other beer label looks that much like Stella's anyway.

• Options
    Welp, done working in the code mine for today. Home I go.

• Options

Man knows what he likes.

Because it's apparently the only option he's ever had.

This discussion has been closed.