Options

Bill Murray hates your high tech bull[chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    guys does this seem legit?

http://news.illinois.edu/news/13/0416microbatteries_WilliamKing.html

because holy shit rad

In cases such as these I usually wait for it to pop onto Reddit and then read the top comment which inevitably explains why it's bullshit or flawed or never coming to market. I looked that story up on Reddit and nobody had done that yet because it's so new, so we have to wait!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    OH GOD NBC NEWS

"You can take a photo from a cellphone or camera and 'enhance' it, giving you a sharper picture making it easier to identify things"

argh.

IDGI, Could you be more clear?
    *enhance*
    syndalis wrote: »
    TECHNOLOGY ISNT FUCKING MAGIC!

Ahh....I see.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    man i can very easily see myself spending like a grand on replacing my entire wardrobe and buying makeup and getting a haircut to be a professional D:

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Anyone complaining about layovers in Boston on Monday can go to hell.

Fucking childish bullshit.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Glad I wasn't planning on getting 4 day passes for PAX. Coming up on 30m in queue, waiting to buy some 1-days...

wow, 23 minutes to sell out, that's impressive

:(

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Also if Mark Hamill doesn't want to come back as Joker for the Timmverse revenganing, I am all for bringing in Bender.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I always just assumed people drew the pixel art first, printed them out, and used them as a guide.

There is a lazy way so that proles can make bead art too?

I'm doing pixel art of video game characters (or planning on it) so I've got no need to draw it!

The big thing for me is matching up the colors as closely as possible.

I think that's part of the art of the process. Eyeball it!

Do art as a process?

Bitch I'm gonna do statistics on RGB values instead!

Fuck you art, let's get some science all up in here.

wait, are you recreating a pixel art piece, or pixelating a larger piece?

Because the latter thing you have to do mostly by hand. Pixel art is difficult.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    man i can very easily see myself spending like a grand on replacing my entire wardrobe and buying makeup and getting a haircut to be a professional D:
    No matter how kinky you like it, I definitely recommend replacing the pants with ripped crotches.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @jacobkosh

Cinemark is showing Alien on the big screen on May 8th.

@Thomamelas

oh hell yes!

Yeah, that one strikes me as a good choice for the big screen experience.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Complaints about layovers that go beyond like, "traffic was murder today" as you sit down in the meeting, is tiresome

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Glad I wasn't planning on getting 4 day passes for PAX. Coming up on 30m in queue, waiting to buy some 1-days...

Someone bump the "Fair ticket distribution" thread, so I can shit down the throat of anyone that thinks this ticketmaster style bullshit is the best case.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I always just assumed people drew the pixel art first, printed them out, and used them as a guide.

There is a lazy way so that proles can make bead art too?

I'm doing pixel art of video game characters (or planning on it) so I've got no need to draw it!

The big thing for me is matching up the colors as closely as possible.

I think that's part of the art of the process. Eyeball it!

Do art as a process?

Bitch I'm gonna do statistics on RGB values instead!

Fuck you art, let's get some science all up in here.

wait, are you recreating a pixel art piece, or pixelating a larger piece?

Because the latter thing you have to do mostly by hand. Pixel art is difficult.

The former.

It's not that hard and I could totally do it by hand and by eye easily, I just like adding math into everywhere and getting things as perfect as possible.

Basically I am making this

200px-Goddess.PNG

Among other things.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Someone bump the "Fair ticket distribution" thread, so I can shit down the throat of anyone that thinks this ticketmaster style bullshit is the best case.

Think of the poors!

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Guys, I'm having trouble with this Excel formula.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Also if Mark Hamill doesn't want to come back as Joker for the Timmverse revenganing, I am all for bringing in Bender.

Bender's voice actor is awesome! I loved his work on FFX.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

At my first grad job they actually gave us all a grand to buy professional clothes. Which was a good investment because we all looked like bums, being students

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i have this friend who has no concept of her privileges

just got a text

"so the lady i work with was on vaca in london. comes back this monday at 1:30 to the Boston airport where she had a 5 hour lay over. How terrible is that?"

That is a horrible layover. 5 hours is forever in an airport, even in the first class lounge.

You are a weak and soft man.

5 hours is nothing in an airport, even if it is so bare that there's literally nothing to do but have a nap on your luggage.

I would say it is a sign of weakness to accept a situation like that instead of raging against the heavens until the lords of the airlines tremble in their seats on high.

Unless you can actually do that all you're doing is annoying people and stressing yourself. Relax. Not everything is the end of the world. And be thankful you are in first class. You'd get an aneurysm had you been seated with the peasants.

My main fear is an uprising.

• Options
    Complaints about layovers that go beyond like, "traffic was murder today" as you sit down in the meeting, is tiresome

Also her layover was probably extended because they shut down air traffic in the city after a terrorist bombed a major international sporting event.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Think of the poors!

If they reeeeeaaallllyyy want to go, they can pay market prices.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I should be able to go to PAX East next year. I'll be a lot closer to Boston. I'd like to meet some of you guys.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

*HUFF PUFF*
    Please state the nature of your analytical emergency

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

Bender's voice actor is awesome! I loved his work on FFX.

he's also a fantastic joker

really nails it in under the red hood

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    lol

KKaZCVQ.png

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    yeah right now i literally have 0 pairs of pants that fill these two requirements

-> no holes
    -> not sweats

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

*HUFF PUFF*

It won't justify as much austerity as I want it to.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    i have this friend who has no concept of her privileges

just got a text

"so the lady i work with was on vaca in london. comes back this monday at 1:30 to the Boston airport where she had a 5 hour lay over. How terrible is that?"

That is a horrible layover. 5 hours is forever in an airport, even in the first class lounge.

You are a weak and soft man.

5 hours is nothing in an airport, even if it is so bare that there's literally nothing to do but have a nap on your luggage.

I would say it is a sign of weakness to accept a situation like that instead of raging against the heavens until the lords of the airlines tremble in their seats on high.

Unless you can actually do that all you're doing is annoying people and stressing yourself. Relax. Not everything is the end of the world. And be thankful you are in first class. You'd get an aneurysm had you been seated with the peasants.

My main fear is an uprising.

?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

*HUFF PUFF*

Got to get those excel formulas right.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    lol

KKaZCVQ.png

Tickets shouldn't be transferable. It should be right on the ticket. PA should have ebay take auctions like these down.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

because holy shit rad

It's legit, but from reading the paper I don't think it's a direct replacement for Li-Ion batteries just yet. It seems to be more of an improvement on existing supercapacitors.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok, got to go to work.

But burritos first.

An acceptable compromise.

• Options

*HUFF PUFF*

Have you tried raising VAT and killing the poor?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    It wouldn't stop person to person sales, but it would put a huge dent in the hardcore asshole scalpers, if you remove the ability to re-sell them through places like ebay and stubhub.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    With regards to the latest strip search episode

(I only mention what their challenge was, not who won)
    I was disappointed it turned out they were just making stuff with clay. Cause from the preview still frame in the video it looked like they were all playing D&D or something. Which would be a kickass challenge.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    The way the queue is going I'm having doubts that I'm even going to come away with a couple of single day PAX passes. Scalpers gonna make a killing this year.

:?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    yeah right now i literally have 0 pairs of pants that fill these two requirements

-> no holes
    -> not sweats

This needs to be remedied.
    Pants for the Pants God!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    awww yeah

the BR of django unchained comes with an itunes download

i managed to squeeze the HD version onto my phone

so when work is absolutely dead i have django

and then i'll go see jurassic park in 3d

radical

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    so apparently they havent really arrested a guy?

god, the news is such a fucking joke.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

*HUFF PUFF*

Out of curiosity is this a throwaway line or a reference to this thing:
    http://www.nextnewdeal.net/rortybomb/researchers-finally-replicated-reinhart-rogoff-and-there-are-serious-problems

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

because holy shit rad

It's legit, but from reading the paper I don't think it's a direct replacement for Li-Ion batteries just yet. It seems to be more of an improvement on existing supercapacitors.

Yeah, I see articles about new super-batteries all the time. Battery tech has definitely advanced, but I'd take things with a grain of salt until you're hear they're actually going into mass production. Science reporting always plays up the new tech. Keep in mind that 1) scientists/engineers talking to the reporters have an interest in making their achievements sound much more important than they actually are and 2) science reporters have an interest in making things sound more exciting than they actually are.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

yo

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.