Options

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hooray coulson

• Options
    also is that supposed to be luke cage?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I hope so

I am a lot more interested in seeing more superheroes than I am watching SHIELD do stuff

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nobody knows. Could be Luke Cage, could be Rage (one of the new warriors, has powers similar to Cage) or could be a new character.

• Options
    I seriously want them to introduce cage to the MCU

badly

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    that pretty much has to be cage, I think. Since all of the other characters are new, I don't think they're going to put a new warrior in the cast. They'll want a fan favorite that will make people excited (besides coulson)

Langly on
  • Options
    I'd like to get a full on Heroes for Hire movie.

Like, start the movie with Luke and Danny already with their powers, and the origin story is about them becoming a team and going into business.

• Options

Like, start the movie with Luke and Danny already with their powers, and the origin story is about them becoming a team and going into business.

plzplpzplpzpzlpzlpzlpzlz

• Options
    The fact that they're hiding his identity at all (he's not listed as a character yet) makes it seem like a lock for cage. Why would you hold your cards on it being Rage?

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

I feel like the concept is better suited for TV, like a case-a-week procedural with maybe some minor serialization

neither of their powers are flashy enough that you need a Hollywood budget, and their cases as a team tend to be fairly low-key

then if it takes off, give them solo movies where you get into the crazy stuff, like punching dragons in the heart

• Options
    if I see a commercial with a white dude doing funky kung fu magic I'll shit my pants

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Because there's a shot of a comic panel with Rage in the opening Marvel logo and we've yet to see what class of character Marvel is willing to throw into this show, especially this early on.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Heroes for Hire is basically a USA series is what I'm trying to say

You have Beach Doctor, Beach Spies, Beach Psychic

This would be Beach Superheroes

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    What I really want is for them to piss in Sony's eye by putting Spider-Man in the show since I think Sony only has the exclusive rights to the movies.

Just Spider-Man, every week, being the lovable goofball on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"What do we do, Coulson?"

"We call fucking Spider-Man, that's what."

"Hey guys, I'm Spider-Man (TM)."

• Options
    Because there's a shot of a comic panel with Rage in the opening Marvel logo and we've yet to see what class of character Marvel is willing to throw into this show, especially this early on.

wait what, the flipbook stuff?

isn't that always the same set of images?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    While he could be Rage

It is far more likely he is Luke Cage, especially since Marvel was willing to put Cage on TV with the Alias show and he wasn't on the list of scripts being developed.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I feel like the concept is better suited for TV, like a case-a-week procedural with maybe some minor serialization

neither of their powers are flashy enough that you need a Hollywood budget, and their cases as a team tend to be fairly low-key

then if it takes off, give them solo movies where you get into the crazy stuff, like punching dragons in the heart

Fuck

Fuck

This is the best idea anyone has ever had

It's too beautiful to live, though

Like the Gotham Central TV show

Or Powers

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    It will officially officially be a Whedon show when Amy Acker and Summer Glau guest star.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Spin a tv series off SHIELD.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    What I really want is for them to piss in Sony's eye by putting Spider-Man in the show since I think Sony only has the exclusive rights to the movies.

Just Spider-Man, every week, being the lovable goofball on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"What do we do, Coulson?"

"We call fucking Spider-Man, that's what."

"Hey guys, I'm Spider-Man (TM)."

assuming animation rights are the same as live action rights when it comes to the tv realm, this is true. Disney owns the TV rights to all of their characters, such as Spectacular Spider-Man.

• Options
    If that's true, I mean, they might not name him, but that COULD be Miles Morales in the trailer as well, if we're throwing out theories.

I'd rather it be Cage, but it could be Morales just as "Miles Morales, scared, spider-powered kid"

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    he's saving a blonde girl right?

could be Cloak

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    disney and marvel definitively have spider-man tv rights

they could have peter and miles being webslinging bros and sony couldnt do shit

Antimatter on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    at first I thought Ming-Na Wen was Black Widow

J. August Richards would make a great Luke Cage, though

Xehalus on
  • Options
    he was great in Angel as Gunn and I'm glad he's getting another chance

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    he's saving a blonde girl right?

could be Cloak

Except he isn't wearing a cloak and had wildly different powers from Cloak?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Alright, that's the trailer I really wanted, I'm glad they followed up so quickly.

• Options
    RobbieOCRobbieOC Snork Juice Pawnee, INRegistered User regular
    He could also be a character we know that isn't black in the comics, but they cast based on the actor and not on the character. There's a lot of characters with super-strength (so it wouldn't necessarily be easy to identify by power set) and by casting a black actor for a role that may not be a black character traditionally, it would keep the secret a bit more secure. Just a thought.

But, Luke Cage seems most likely.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i was really hoping they'd get Isaiah Mustafa attached to any Luke Cage thing :<

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I think SHIELD might end up a lot like Angel.

As for the special effects, they can do some pretty impressive stuff for TV nowadays.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    I think SHIELD might end up a lot like Angel.

As for the special effects, they can do some pretty impressive stuff for TV nowadays.

Now you have me imagining a puppet episode.

Shit!

Puppet Master is right there!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    RobbieOC wrote: »
    He could also be a character we know that isn't black in the comics, but they cast based on the actor and not on the character. There's a lot of characters with super-strength (so it wouldn't necessarily be easy to identify by power set) and by casting a black actor for a role that may not be a black character traditionally, it would keep the secret a bit more secure. Just a thought.

I am actually trying to think of people with just super strength/invulnerability but are also at least fairly prominent and aren't a mutant

Strong guy
    Um

Hm

Wait he's a mutant.shit

Langly on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I hope so

I am a lot more interested in seeing more superheroes than I am watching SHIELD do stuff

I uh

I don't think this is going to be the show you're looking for

and I hope you don't begrudge those of us who do enjoy stories about "ordinary" people dealing with a world full of superheroes

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Langly wrote: »
    RobbieOC wrote: »

I am actually trying to think of people with just super strength/invulnerability but are also at least fairly prominent and aren't a mutant

Strong guy
    Um

Hm

Wait he's a mutant.shit

DennisDunphyDman.gif

D-Man!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Come on there has to be like a dozen people with that set, why can't I think of any

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Come on there has to be like a dozen people with that set, why can't I think of any

INV/SS was certainly popular in City of Heroes for a long time.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

wait what, the flipbook stuff?

isn't that always the same set of images?
    I don't think so. Pretty sure it's changed for each movie that I've seen it in to feature the characters of the movie.
    But I could be wrong.

• Options
    so when do we get the inevitable series about Alpha Flight

seems like the only way to put Wolverine on TV

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Rage is a fucking dumb character though, thats the most salient reason for it not to be him

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I love Kevin Durand who i used to mistake for a Busey

Kevin_Durand_48070_Medium.jpg

This discussion has been closed.