Options

[Fighting Game Thread] EVO is OVER. You are all free now!

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    Fireball h?

I think he's trying to do otg slide, berserker barrage

I don't know if that works

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Diluvian wrote: »
    Until you get the badass ones

200419L.jpg

Looks like Kinder and I weren't the only people watching Storage Wars.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure that doesn't work? You need an assist to pick them up. But I could be wrong.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Well, I didn't make it up, I was watching a video of a guy doing it and describing what he was doing...but yeah, it may not work, or the timing is SUPER tight, because I haven't landed it correctly yet. I'm going to try the dive kick combo Knob listed last page when I get home.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Yeah, you need an assist to hold them from the otg. And unless you have some really specific DHC options, your best bet for damage at that point is learning fatal claw loops. If you just want something basic, go for what Knob said with the relaunch to fatal claw.

• Options
    Or at least divekick relaunch to knockdown then otg setups.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    l m l h s df.drill claw x2 d.h h s m m h s call assist df.m light dp fatal claw land light dp fatal claw

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Oh man, an opportunity to post one of my crap videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdDDdvzr5FE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This doesn't work off a divekick starter, and its corner only but its a damaging way to start fatal claw loops. The training mode record function wasn't long enough to catch it, but you can follow up the fatal claw with l.tornado claw xx fatal claw until you're out of meter or they are dead

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Two drill claws will get you jus over 950k. It kills Morrigan.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    And that's when you DHC so you don't have to worry about fucking up a third tornado claw anyways.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    First night with the stick. My button presses have gotten way more accurate, but my directional control has gone way down. This is gonna take some practice.

A lot of people seem to have this problem when they first start using a Sanwa JLF because the throws are so long.

I am not a big fan of Sanwa sticks or long-throw sticks in general.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I agree w/Walt about flailing Bisons. Bison has completely safe pressure so he is extremely easy to play. He doesn't need mixups that much because he can just wear you down and counter your attempts to get the momentum. You can just do shit.

More and more I'm finding that Yun is basically the same - no mixup except low/throw and not great frame traps - unless you get really solid with ambiguous meaty dive kicks. That shit is extremely difficult, especially when he doesn't have many hard knockdowns and you have to kind of intuit when they're getting up.

And if you do get it he is really dangerous and a knockdown can mean the end of a round.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    This year's 34th issue Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is revealing on Wednesday that a third season of the television anime adaptation of George Morikawa's Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit) manga has been green-lit. The anime is scheduled to begin airing this fall in Japan. The announcement image reads, “Ippo fights the formidable enemy, Sawamura! Dempsey breaks down!?”

Morikawa's long-running manga has spawned two television anime series, an OVA, and a TV special. Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, the second season of the anime, aired in 2009. Geneon Entertainment (USA) released the first television series on DVD in North America. Kodansha is publishing the manga in Japan, and will release the 104th compiled volume next month.

This is awesome news, and I felt it was worth sharing since Dudley's move came directly from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogd42V0k1-0

Really looking forward to it, the first two seasons were great.

• Options
    The anime thread is that way :arrow:

• Options
    Fuck sliding. I think I'll just learn Honda with my buttons mapped backwards so I can piano right to left instead of left to right

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Fuck sliding. I think I'll just learn Honda with my buttons mapped backwards so I can piano right to left instead of left to right

LHMLH

all other ways of pianoing are blasphemous.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    First night with the stick. My button presses have gotten way more accurate, but my directional control has gone way down. This is gonna take some practice.

A lot of people seem to have this problem when they first start using a Sanwa JLF because the throws are so long.

I am not a big fan of Sanwa sticks or long-throw sticks in general.

Yes, this describes it perfectly. The throws are very long, and it's taking me to time to adjust to the feel. I'm missing a lot of combos by under-rotating the stick, because I underestimate the travel distance.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    You know what the FGC needs, that I've never seen (but maybe exists and I missed it)? A combo builder website. Where you can go type in like cr.l l m m h, or some other widely accepted nomenclature, and have it turn that in to a pretty image using the SF or Marvel icons. Maybe even a simple drag and drop interface.

• Options
    You know what the FGC needs, that I've never seen (but maybe exists and I missed it)? A combo builder website. Where you can go type in like cr.l l m m h, or some other widely accepted nomenclature, and have it turn that in to a pretty image using the SF or Marvel icons. Maybe even a simple drag and drop interface.

Srk has bb-like code that does this so symbols are integrated into forum posts. That would be amazing to get that here.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking of doing a TinyURL style website, where you can just call in to a web service and it will return the image for you, for use here by us. Shouldn't take but a weekend to put together, and could easily be made to spit out BBCode.

Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Someone on somethingawful put together a quick site where you typed in your combo using set notation and it output an image using the srk notation icons.

No idea if it still exists, I saw it when vanilla marvel first dropped

• Options

LHMLH

I tried this way first, but I either fuck up going between the l and h and get nothing, or I fuck up and get ex hands

• Options

LHMLH

I tried this way first, but I either fuck up going between the l and h and get nothing, or I fuck up and get ex hands

Ex hands are going to happen a lot at first no matter how you piano. You're not going to get it right away.

Its important to remember to lift your finger off the button before pressing the next one.

Why are you playing honda anyway? Character.is ass.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    The anime thread is that way :arrow:
    Don't be so quick to diss Ippo, Knob. It directly inspired a lot of moves in fighting games, including Dudley and Steve Fox. The movement and weave system was ripped off by the Fight Night series.

Plus it has a great "fighting" game in its own right, where it's a boxing game with special moves. And Kuma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSSZIu9EK4U

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    One of these years, I'll be able to seriously commit to a game enough to try getting to EVO.

(One of these years I'll have a job that doesn't require weekends which is when EVERY TOURNAMENT EVER IS)

• Options

LHMLH

Huh. This is exactly what I do, but I never really thought about it. I mean, for Chun I mostly use EX legs, so H+M ending, but still.

• Options
    DiluvianDiluvian Registered User regular
    For Chun-li I generally slide from HP HK MK LK MK HK then mash MK to extend HK legs into MK legs.

• Options
    Knob: bind the fourth button on the top row to LP

then you can put your ring finger on that button and drum your fingers like so

LP HP MP LP HP

Ring, middle, index, ring, middle

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    when I played blanka I did l m h l h

but now trying l h m l h I like it a lot more

I really should brush up on my blanka

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DiluvianDiluvian Registered User regular

LP HP MP LP HP

Kind of limits you in the arcade on borrowing 6 button sticks. I don't think I have ever bound those two buttons to anything.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Or you could just hit lp, piano, and hit hp like a normal person. :D

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I still use my focus attack button in the top right, but I've also made completely sure I can FADC normally too

I'm just lazy

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Diluvian wrote: »

LP HP MP LP HP

Kind of limits you in the arcade on borrowing 6 button sticks. I don't think I have ever bound those two buttons to anything.

For sure, but if the normal piano method is untenable, that's one way to make it a bit easier

I think I bound it to LP and still had trouble pianoing though, just because it's a tough motion to get down pat

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Anyone feel like playing PC Streets?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I will when I get home in like uhh, 5'ish hours, if you're still around.

I'm also down for some 360 Marvel tonight if anyone is interested in kicking the snot out of a newbie.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Wait I can win a PS4 by beating washed up Tom Brady in Injustice at Comic Con!?

WHY AM I NOT THERE

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    you done fucked up, beel

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    YO IPPO

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm game.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am no longer at my PC and will not be until Tuesday but I can 360 ae/marvel

I am fucking awful at marvel

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
This discussion has been closed.