Options

Do you like the Webcomics?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The best "Softer world" is the toddler-telephones-god one.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    JaceyJacey Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Real life, toothpaste for dinner, married to the sea, and PBF.

Goodness and love ensue

Jacey on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh naw you didn't put weed in mah cornbread!
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the newest Hockey Zombie got a good laugh out of me.
    070819.jpg

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I read Errant Story, its a long story arc comic and I quite like the art style.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited August 2007
    Jacey wrote: »

Goodness and love ensue

Toothpaste for dinner has been shockingly under-represented in this thread. I can't remember his girlfriend's comic's name, but it can be pretty hilarious, too. It's less consistently funny, though.

Also, welcome to the forums! You should hang out in the [chat]. All the cool kids do it.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Toothpaste for dinner has been shockingly under-represented in this thread. I can't remember his girlfriend's comic's name, but it can be pretty hilarious, too. It's less consistently funny, though.

Also, welcome to the forums! You should hang out in the [chat]. All the cool kids do it.

Actually, we've been meaning to have a talk with you about that...

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jacey wrote: »

Goodness and love ensue
    Married to the Sea and Toothpaste for Dinner are both awesome. <3

mrflippy on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm surprised that there's been no love for Girl Genius. It's a funny/dramatic webcomic set in a steampunk-based alternative universe. And they finally hit the mergepoint about a month ago, so there's a complete archive now.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    the newest Hockey Zombie got a good laugh out of me.
    070819.jpg
    Hahaha. Yes.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Did a little tweaking to a somewhawt recent page from Jack. Most of you probably won't get the full meaning behind this.
    JackTransformers.jpg

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm surprised that there's been no love for Girl Genius. It's a funny/dramatic webcomic set in a steampunk-based alternative universe. And they finally hit the mergepoint about a month ago, so there's a complete archive now.

I like to think of it as more 'steamgoth'. Also, it's not so much a webcomic as a graphic novel, really - the archives are several dozen issues long by now, and it's just plain great all the way through. If mad scientists, airship castles, weird monsters, and hot redheads are your thing, that is.

Also, www.rice-boy.com. Why has no-one ever read Rice Boy? It's awesome, in a surreal insane sort of way.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hockey Zombie.......

070821.jpg

Tav on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tav wrote: »
    Hockey Zombie.......

scary picture

Well, now I can never open a cupboard ever again. Thanks for that.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ominous

Skull Man on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    XKCD is hit and miss but I like this one:

search_history.png

Also, it now only updates like once every few months, but Spamusement is an awesome comic to dig through the archives of.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hehe, "possible raptor sympathizer"

Gim on
  • Options
    InPraisOfBacchusInPraisOfBacchus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    VG Cats is also the worst webcomic available.

O_o

You haven't read many webcomics have you.

www.belfry.com/comics

You can even filter out the furry ones and the "adult" ones, and you will still find endless craptastrophies.

Ya know what's sad? I decided to randomly click a comic in that huge list.......first (and only) one: horrible!

InPraisOfBacchus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    So VG Cats updated finally....

... with a guest comic. :|

I really hate to sound like that "you owe me free comics" guy, but if this goes on much longer, I'm not sure I'll be reading his site anymore. Gabe & Tycho are right; consistency is damn near the most important thing when you have an online readership.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I really hate to sound like that "you owe me free comics" guy, but if this goes on much longer, I'm not sure I'll be reading his site anymore. Gabe & Tycho are right; consistency is damn near the most important thing when you have an online readership.

I'd say quality is more important - Gone with the Shockwave and Lackadaisy have update intervals measured in months, but still qualify as good comics.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Good guest comic, though.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »

I'd say quality is more important - Gone with the Shockwave and Lackadaisy have update intervals measured in months, but still qualify as good comics.

Gone with the Blastwave could use some work on the writing side of things, but the art is wonderful.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Yeah, but if you say you update every monday, you should update every monday. If you want to be sporadic, don't commit yourself to a deadline. it makes you look bad.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    XKCD is hit and miss

You take that back! You shut your filthy fucking mouth and take that back!

The black hat guy. Making out with yourself. Raptors. Jokes about programming languages. Your mom.

Even his Pretentious characters are great, and his serious ones are pretty good if you don't just judge a webcomic based on how loud you laugh.

XKCD is my favorite comic ever, hands down. It's so good.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is pretty much the best thing ever IMO.
    substitute.png

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

I thought it was pretty terrible...

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    verpa wrote: »
    Valkun wrote: »
    Starslip Crisis

Sort of like the Futurama of webcomics.

ssc20050527_c.gif
    I would say sluggy freelance is more futurama esque

Sluggy's good (yes, I said it), but I'd consider Schlock Mercenary to be more Futurama-esque.

It's also really fucking good.

On another note, I kinda miss Life of Riley. That ended at like...the worst time possible.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    AJR wrote: »

I have absolutely no idea what it is supposed to be about.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah the vg cats guest comic was horrible. I think I am done reading that one. And unless 8 bit theater moves on from the retarded plot point he's been on since I dunno fucking january I'll stop reading that shit too.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hybrid wrote: »

I believe it's a comic about the villian from "Naruto". His name is Orochimaru and he's got an unhealthy obsession with a kid named Sasuke Uchiha (sp). Yeah...the guest comic sucked.

InPraisOfBacchus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hybrid wrote: »

I believe it's a comic about the villian from "Naruto". His name is Orochimaru and he's got an unhealthy obsession with a kid named Sasuke Uchiha (sp). Yeah...the guest comic sucked.

I think you actually have to follow the show for that to make you giggle. It's really not just Sasuke. He's kind of got a serial-pedophile thing going on. A lot of animes seem to have weird sexual subtexts, but they never come right out and say it.

Plus I think I used to be on the nuklearpower forums with the guy who drew it. He was cool.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I never really got the "serial-pedophile" vibe....and I've followed Naruto on CN since it started. I know CN has a habit of horrible edits on anime that airs before 10pm....so I'm not sure what the original version is like.

InPraisOfBacchus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I never really got the "serial-pedophile" vibe....and I've followed Naruto on CN since it started. I know CN has a habit of horrible edits on anime that airs before 10pm....so I'm not sure what the original version is like.

You kinda have to be reading the manga as it comes out in Japan to get the full impact.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man I am glad I don't watch any of that bullshit, sounds like far too much work.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RainOPainRainOPain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, 8-bit theater was never good. The only humor in it came from ripping off old Simpsons jokes

RainOPain on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Did the serial-pedophile stuff just happen recently in Naruto? Because I read all of the manga up to about...300ish or so, and I don't remember any of that.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    RainOPain wrote: »
    Man, 8-bit theater was never good. The only humor in it came from ripping off old Simpsons jokes

True, although for some unknown reason I still read it. Actually, it seems as though Clevinger is slowly transforming Black Mage into Cartman.

For an attempt at a serious sprite comic, I enjoyed the Fortuna Saga. There were definitely a few melodramatic, "time for my speech" moments, but I thought it was solid overall.

I'm looking for some sort of serious futuristic Western comic. Not quite Firefly, but dammit, I want to see cowboys dual-wielding blasters on a mountainous-to-desert plains world, with tumbleweeds. Where outlaws try to hijack regularly scheduled freighters, and there are tensions with the indigenous people. Where there are saloons with those small swinging doors, and cheating at cards is a killable offense.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Did the serial-pedophile stuff just happen recently in Naruto? Because I read all of the manga up to about...300ish or so, and I don't remember any of that.

Man, Orochimaru has that one kid, what's his goddamn name? The one with the crazy bones. And then Sasuke. Plus the guy with glasses whose name I also forget. Presumably he was much younger when he fell in with Orochimaru.

Also Orochimaru is just super-queeny. 2+2, son.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Are you high?

Man, I can't even tell what it's supposed to be about.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Yeah, but Gone With the Blastwave and Lackadaisy have awesome art and good writing. VG Cats has passable art and writing that waxes and wanes from decent to mind-wrenchingly horrible.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wish I could find so many webcomics that -- OH SHIT MATH CLASS G2G

sdrawkcaB emaN on