Options

[Mass Effect: Freelancer]

1192021222325»

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Turn it off and tinker with it?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Good idea, but I think that probably falls under trying to "reprogram, subvert, or command" it.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Good idea, but I think that probably falls under trying to "reprogram, subvert, or command" it.

basically

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    It would be pretty hilarious if we could just straight up haul it out of there.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    It could be like EDI!

A horrible, aggressive, organic-hating EDI.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    blow that vertex shit up using salarian engineer jesus powers

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    blow that vertex shit up using salarian engineer jesus powers

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    hold up... we don't even know what our other options are here

we should consider other options

we can still blow it up if we can't think of anything good

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Well, if it's going to be a jerk then Destroy the Vertex.

Seriously, I say we nuke the entire bloody site from orbit.

• Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    Turn it off and on again? Generally works with troublesome electronics.

Reformat it?

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    hold up... we don't even know what our other options are here

we should consider other options

we can still blow it up if we can't think of anything good

What other options can you think of? If we're considering other options, we have to be proactive about putting a suggestion out there. Personally, I'm for just bricking this thing.

• Options
    pB0RxGH.jpg

You flee the planet. Paul picks you up in the ship, and you quickly make your escape through the gravitational field as the megastructures collapse. Without the Source Vertex, the structures of Ploba seem unable to sustatin themselves.

You immediately do a headcount. All accounted for.

As you fly away from Ploba, you take a moment to look through the cargo bay viewport at the planet. The Source Vertex was possibly the oldest and most dangerous intelligence in the galaxy save for the Reapers themselves, and now it's gone. You may have very well saved the galaxy... although it is unlikely anyone beyond your crew will truly understand what you did today.

You make your way up to the bridge, where Paul is piloting the ship.

NtF4WUj.jpg
    ELwVDfq.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwfJvemUIZg

• Options
    Love it.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Now that Freelancer is finished, you can use this thread to talk about it or you can go here, either is okay.

• Options
    Also, Dark Matter has started.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I’m just going to offer some general thoughts because I’ve been thinking about this most of the day and I’m also very excited for Dark Matter.

First of all, I really enjoyed this. My only regret is that I didn’t initially realize that this was a CYOA, so I ignored the thread for the first few days and missed some neat stuff. Pony, I think you were spot on with the decision to make this game pretty visually-intensive, that really helped to quickly set the scenes, establish character looks and most of all keep the action interesting. I also think that you did a good job leaving time for people to vote for their choices, without waiting so long that it felt like things were dragging. I really liked the NPCs (this was helped enormously by the Side Stories, about which I cannot say enough good things). I know you weren’t super happy with how combat worked out, but for what it’s worth, I thought you managed it quite well.

I can only really think of two criticisms: first, the Rivalry and Friendship points were earned with our crew didn’t seem to have any impact, though there may have been some behind the scenes stuff happening and/or it might have come up if we’d drawn things out rather than rushing the Interface.

Second, in many ways this felt more like Gideon’s story than Jai’s. Some of that I think can be attributed to the fact that Jai didn’t have as much of a voice as you might have liked, but being a big ol’ nerd I like a compelling narrative to go with my sandbox play and in this case I think that Gideon had the most developed and interesting story of all the NPCs.

Regardless, this was great fun and I can’t wait for Dark Matter to kick off in earnest. Thanks for running these games, Pony – you are a cool dude.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Very fun, gonna start on the sequel after this post. Thank you @pony for making this. My only complaint is that in the final set piece, it didn't feel much like our choices mattered. That anyone could have taken the Geth prime and spider bots, and Gideon would just have to appear suddenly at the interface fight. Otherwise, a great game.

• Options
    I tried to simulate something akin to the mission at the end of ME2. You guys just happened to choose correctly so nothing terrible happened!

But yeah I could've done more to make those harder choices or something

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    I tried to simulate something akin to the mission at the end of ME2. You guys just happened to choose correctly so nothing terrible happened!

So, just curious if you had anything prepared for the wrong choices for the final set piece.

The only comment/complaint I've got is that some of the voting periods were really short. In particular the one that led us to the final set piece was decided with a total of two votes after about 15 minutes (I can't complain too loudly, since I was one of those votes). I'd imagine that most people would have voted along the same lines rather than looking for more side missions, so it's not a big deal.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

So, just curious if you had anything prepared for the wrong choices for the final set piece.

The only comment/complaint I've got is that some of the voting periods were really short. In particular the one that led us to the final set piece was decided with a total of two votes after about 15 minutes (I can't complain too loudly, since I was one of those votes). I'd imagine that most people would have voted along the same lines rather than looking for more side missions, so it's not a big deal.

I'm definitely trying to be more consistent about this for Dark Matter. I want to average about 10-20 votes and/or 45 minutes to an hour before moving on (whichever comes first)