As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - Exploration

2»

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    "You cannot wear that" is somehow an intrinsically less funny line than, "You can't wear that!"

I don't know why.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    "You cannot wear that" is somehow an intrinsically less funny line than, "You can't wear that!"

I don't know why.

I actually think the opposite is true.

Contractions are often less funny, because using the full words adds emphasis.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't think I can strongly emphasise enough that this thread is not about CAD.

• Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    Menasor wrote: »
    PAYDAY 2 is a Left 4 Dead style game that instead of fighting zombies, you're doing crimes. Apparantly (from context in this comic) you can customize the mask you wear while you're playing.

If you're unaware of Dora the Explorer... you are better off. Its one of the punishments kids inflict upon their parents.

We managed to keep our 3-year-old completely Dora free, until a well-meaning parent at her daycare gave her a DVD at the Christmas gift exchange. Dammit. That sill remains her ONLY Dora, however.

Nothing is worse than Caillou. I look back on the dark days of Aiden's Barney obsession with nostalgic joy.

I banned Caillou after seeing Michelle got notably more whiney after watching it. My wife was reluctant to go along with it, but three days later and seeing the difference changed her mind.

Whatever happened to the kid shows that also kept in mind adults might end up watching as well? Sesame Street manages to target the same age group every bit as well, if not better, while also patronizing the kids far less and including genuinely funny jokes for the parents.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MLP and Avatar manage it pretty well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    If I ever end up raising a kid, I'm gonna do my damnedest to make sure they grow up watching Mr. Rogers.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    AceHardingAceHarding Registered User regular
    I would swear I've never seen the adjective "august" until I read it in Isaac Asimov's Foundation a day ago. And bam, here it is again:
    it deserves a seat in that august body

Ergo the universe is a projection from a computer hooked to my brain.