As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Buffy/Angel Roleplaying Game] Save the Last Slayer

1101112131416»

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Jenna furrows her forehead.

"Cursed? Why would I be cursed? Shouldn't my, like, magic powers protect me from that kinda stuff? That's lame. It's lame and it sucks!"

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Rand sits down on one of the desks and looks to Mr. Lendon. "So forgive my lack of voodoo. If Jenna is cursed why aren't we affected?"

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    All right, I am back. So we're working with a curse, huh. Considering everything I say is irritatingly condescending anyways, how can we tell if it affects me?

• Options
    "You're not?"

Jenna seems to come to this realization much later than everyone else.

"Hey, yeah, you're not! What's the deal with that?!"

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Mr. Lendon responds, "Well, probably because someone meant to curse Jenna. You normally need something from the person you're cursing. A treasured possession, or even better, a part of their body. Blood works best, of course, but hair or fingernail clippings work quite well too. Since they didn't have anything of ours we weren't cursed."

• Options
    "Jenna has a stalker who stole her fingernail clippings, no that's not creepy at all. So how do we undo this juju?"

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Howard frowns. "And what if whoever cursed Jenna intentionally targeted the Slayer? We could be dealing with something really nasty here."

• Options
    Mr. Lendon looks a little uncertain, "Well, I wouldn't rule anything out, but causing misunderstandings isn't exactly what I picture some evil mastermind doing. I don't think Jenna is too happy right now, but this isn't exactly what I'd call dangerous."

• Options
    "That's just the first step that we've seen, though. What if this is just to make sure she's isolated and emotionally vulnerable while they carry on with the next phase?"

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "We need to make sure that we do the job, regardless of any immediate changes in personal feelings toward The... Jenna. Just in case the spell suddenly hits us, we need to make sure the job is done. Because whoever is doing this is thinking in the long term, and we need to be ready. Jenna, you're going to need to step up your training, because wherever the end of this is, it isn't good. Slayers don't exactly do well if they're alone."

• Options
    "Don't suppose there's any chance this is just some sort of Slayeriffic prank, is there? Maybe it's a playful fairy! Or a Leprechaun! Or a My Little Pony!"

Jenna hesitates, then frowns.

"Oh, I really hope I won't have to stab a pony..."

• Options
    Howard's brow furrows. "Po-? Oh, right, ponies, those things. I, uh, didn't pay a whole lot of attention when we got to livestock."

• Options
    Seeing Gisborn enter the room Rand opens his notebook to the page where he did his best to copy the symbol he saw earlier from Kelly's book.

"On the off chance that these things are related, does anyone know what this means?"

He places the book down so anyone intrested can see it easily.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wait, I forget. Can I use more than one Skill at a time, or is it Skill+Attribute?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    D10 + Attribute + Skill
    or in some cases D10 + Attribute + Attribute
    I don't believe there is anything that lets you use more than one skill

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    KenO's got it right. I'd think Int+Occult makes sense.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Geth Roll 1d10+8
    Edit: ...Motherfucker

1d10+8 10 [1d10=2]

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d10+7

Howard closes his eyes, trying to remember his demonology and witchcraft lessons. Unlike livestock, he paid a fair bit of attention here -- this is a lot more likely to be relevant when working with the Slayer than, say, beavers or moose.

1d10+7 13 [1d10=6]

• Options
    Both of you are pretty sure it isn't gibberish, but someone who actually has a clue about what they're doing.

Howard's not sure, but it seems to mostly be about communication with spirits. Diagrams for summoning, offerings, etc.

• Options
    "Hmm. It's something about talking to spirits. There's a summoning circle -- well, heptagon -- there, and a couple of depictions for proper offering preparation on the next page."

• Options
    Rand nods for a second before closing the notebook. "So it shouldn't have anything to do with Jenna's curse, that's what I needed to hear."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Jenna glares up at her Watcher inquisitively.

"So, like, what am I supposed to, like, do?"

• Options
    "I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with spirits. This could be a contract curse, or some sort of minor possession. Also, Jenna, please please don't do that. Please."

• Options
    Jenna seems confused. A natural state for her.

"Huh? What did I do now?"

Her eyes grow wide.

"Oh no! The curse has got him! He's getting mad when I like, talk and stuff!"

• Options
    Rand lets out a small laugh. "I don't think it's the curse, he was already a dick."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    After Rand closes the notebook, Mr. Lendon says, "Let's not be too hasty to just brush this off, Rand. Where exactly did you see that? It's certainly worth looking into."

"As for you, Jenna, well... we don't know what exactly the problem is. There's a host of different things that the problem could be. For instance, you, ah, haven't made any wishes out loud lately, have you?"

• Options
    "I saw it in someone's notes. I don't want to bring he...this person into it unless we know for sure."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    "We may not have much choice. It's not as if we've got much to go on."

• Options
    "I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing that just yet. There's no other way to track this thing down?
    Sorry everyone, It's been a hectic week, I hope I wasn't holding everything up.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Howard suddenly remembers tryouts.

"Oh, I'm guessing Jenna and I won't be going out for the cheer squad today, huh?"