As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone Play Netrunner With Me and Bogart and Cesca and Elldren [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    This tutorial totally lost me.

which part? It seems... complex, but not overly so

A couple of minutes in everything just sort of blended together. I need to watch a game in action.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    No idea why the club is so dead tonight. Only ones dancing here!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    desc I finished reading the Double Cross Roleplaying Game book

It's pretty good, for a more mechanically-crunchy game than my usual fare, the setting and stuff feels like it'd lend itself pretty well to a campaign or some such

The only problem is that it's really clear that it wasn't a fully professional translation/production because it has spelling mistakes on every other page, and none of the sample characters in the book are correct

not high on my to-run agenda, but it could work

I saw the rpg.net forum thread on it and it sounded like a weeaboo jumble.

It's apparently still one of the most popular tabletop games in Japan, and has had numerous expansions and such

I don't know, I like it, but I apparently have a higher tolerance for this kind of stuff than people over on rpg.net and other forums tend to. It's the kind of game where I can see throwing away parts of the setting and running it more like a Hunter or other WoD game, given the game is heavily steeped in the idea of regular world vs the world of the Double Crossers.

skimming the thread to get a sense of what is even going on it

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

"Imagine a future where businesses rule more than governments"

what future?

what imagine?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

It's pretty good, for a more mechanically-crunchy game than my usual fare, the setting and stuff feels like it'd lend itself pretty well to a campaign or some such

The only problem is that it's really clear that it wasn't a fully professional translation/production because it has spelling mistakes on every other page, and none of the sample characters in the book are correct

It's apparently still one of the most popular tabletop games in Japan, and has had numerous expansions and such

I don't know, I like it, but I apparently have a higher tolerance for this kind of stuff than people over on rpg.net and other forums tend to. It's the kind of game where I can see throwing away parts of the setting and running it more like a Hunter or other WoD game, given the game is heavily steeped in the idea of regular world vs the world of the Double Crossers.

Do you want me to give you my summary of it

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    What I find doesn't work well for the Calendar, though, is continuous/persistent tasks that I don't complete the day I make them.

Like I've been meaning to make a non-urgent phone call for a while now that I just keep forgetting/not having time for, but I have to keep moving it to the next day. Is there a specific way to handle this in calendar-type apps/webapps?

@Hamurabi this is what I use.

http://www.any.do/

The iOS app, and the Chrome extension (not the chrome app). The extension is much more convenient.

I don't use their calendar application, though; I might if I wasn't on the iPhone. Using a calendar app that you can't make the default app is a pain in the butt.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    This tutorial totally lost me.

which part? It seems... complex, but not overly so

A couple of minutes in everything just sort of blended together. I need to watch a game in action.

can you spectate on the game we're playing? not sure if octgn supports that, but I thought I saw something about it

• Options

sure thang

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    wow, it's been a while since I bought a laptop.

all of these configuration stores are horrible.

get pretty much the configuration I want, stupid thing comes with a mini-displayport (want hdmi)

thing has hdmi, lol, you can't configure it.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mya the Bee, how are you this evening?
    Fantastic out with bf drinking and dancing =)

msmya on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my aunt's husband only brought a couple bucks with him (the cost of the toll for the tacony palmyra bridge, nearish my house). all the other philly area bridges are $5. then on the way back he accidentally got off 295 north onto 76 towards the walt whitman. here he jumped onto 676 because he said it went all the way up to the tacony palmyra. i didn't think so, but i remained quiet (to my peril).

we get up to the ben franklin- turns out there's no other way to go, you have to pay the toll and go into philly, or jump off 676 into camden, nj. he gets off in camden and acts like there's nothing wrong. silence for 5 minutes as he drives around without comment. i know we can get to 130 and take that to where we need to go, but i'm not sure which direction we need to head for 130. i ask to use his phone for google maps or to find an atm so i can take out money for the ben franklin's toll.

he blows up, I ONLY HAVE A COUPLE BUCKS WITH ME, WHY THE FUCK DID I DO THAT, I DON'T CARE, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TURNOFF FROM 676 WHY DID IT KICK US OFF HERE. USE MY PHONE I DON'T CARE WHATEVER THE FUCK GO AHEAD.

in a few seconds i figure out where we need to go. we get back home, he stomps around the house.

my family didn't really have cars growing up so i have never experienced the stereotypical too-proud-to-get-lost-dad thing. he was also mad at himself for not carrying more cash.

in any case.

what the fuck.

people get mega weird and unpleasant when they are behind the wheel.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    So I could have gone with a girl home tonight. But I didn't, because when I fixate on a girl I fixate.

the timing of which is annoying me a bit.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh, people to whom this might mean something locally:

@daemonsadi
    @witchdr

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i can go home with a girl whenever i want

i just don't feel like it

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    So I could have gone with a girl home tonight. But I didn't, because when I fixate on a girl I fixate.

the timing of which is annoying me a bit.

smh

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    made it through No Mercy, sole survivor. Sorry, zombie apocalypse survivor buddies!

man, i'm shaking from the intensity really missed this game.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    also my new workplace has a stereo in the back which i have been invited to use

i am quickly convincing my coworkers of my fundamental hipness

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

"Imagine a future where businesses rule more than governments"

what future?

what imagine?

such future

wow

most punk

cybershibe

• Options
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    the mocking helps. Or, well, it helps in reinforcing the feelings I have myself right now. Which are confusion as to why I did this as well as certainty.

She better appreciate that I care enough about her to act this way.

She's not gonna, because she'll never know. But, y'know.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

sure thang

The basic idea is that a disease got released into the world that remains dormant in most people, but in a period of stress it can activate and give you crazy powers. The disease also drives you to engage in your base impulses, so most people go renegade when it activates, but some people can keep some degree of hold over it. They're your Double Crossers, and they work in the shadows to stop renegades and the various organisations that want to use the virus to their own (evil) gain.

There's other plot stuff there, a Double Cross organisation, various factions both civilian and private, but that's the general summary. Players are double crossers who use their syndrome powers to fight against the darkness.

The mechanics are d10 pools, you take one to three syndromes that cover various general areas (like fire, mechanical stuff, or nature) and choose powers from within those syndromes to build your guy, along with other stats.

One of the tricks of the system is that you have a threshold of control over the virus - as you get stressed or use your powers, you start approaching or crossing that threshold, which gives you more power, but if you end a scene over your threshold, you turn renegade and are effectively an NPC (the same basic idea as Tenra's karma system, really)

The powers have a cool variety and I can why it's a popular system - it's fairly simple mechanically, built to support rotating GMs and single-session campaigns (like Tenra and Ryuutama). The plot and setting stuff has the real eye-rolling elements to it, but that can be easily discarded and replaced.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    What I find doesn't work well for the Calendar, though, is continuous/persistent tasks that I don't complete the day I make them.

Like I've been meaning to make a non-urgent phone call for a while now that I just keep forgetting/not having time for, but I have to keep moving it to the next day. Is there a specific way to handle this in calendar-type apps/webapps?

@Hamurabi this is what I use.

http://www.any.do/

The iOS app, and the Chrome extension (not the chrome app). The extension is much more convenient.

I don't use their calendar application, though; I might if I wasn't on the iPhone. Using a calendar app that you can't make the default app is a pain in the butt.
    i use any.do as well

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @Elldren

I just finished setting up OCTGN with the netrunner card art packs.

But I have no idea how to play. I played the old school CCG a long-ass time ago, but I don't remember it, and I don't know if the new game is any different.

@Feral @bloodyroarxx I just finished teaching Mazzyx. hit me up on Steamchats

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

sure thang

The basic idea is that a disease got released into the world that remains dormant in most people, but in a period of stress it can activate and give you crazy powers. The disease also drives you to engage in your base impulses, so most people go renegade when it activates, but some people can keep some degree of hold over it. They're your Double Crossers, and they work in the shadows to stop renegades and the various organisations that want to use the virus to their own (evil) gain.

There's other plot stuff there, a Double Cross organisation, various factions both civilian and private, but that's the general summary. Players are double crossers who use their syndrome powers to fight against the darkness.

The mechanics are d10 pools, you take one to three syndromes that cover various general areas (like fire, mechanical stuff, or nature) and choose powers from within those syndromes to build your guy, along with other stats.

One of the tricks of the system is that you have a threshold of control over the virus - as you get stressed or use your powers, you start approaching or crossing that threshold, which gives you more power, but if you end a scene over your threshold, you turn renegade and are effectively an NPC (the same basic idea as Tenra's karma system, really)

The powers have a cool variety and I can why it's a popular system - it's fairly simple mechanically, built to support rotating GMs and single-session campaigns (like Tenra and Ryuutama). The plot and setting stuff has the real eye-rolling elements to it, but that can be easily discarded and replaced.

huh. I see.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I feel like @Thomamelas would appreciate this though I don't know specifically why.

Some of those are quite pretty.

• Options
    w3QTR6w.jpg

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh my gorb, dis hummus

• Options

sure thang

huh. I see.

It isn't up to Apocalypse World standards but it isn't a broken game or anything

If it hadn't been presented as being from Japan I doubt people would have the same reaction to it

• Options
    Alright.

Might have used a few too many cloves of garlic. This shit be strong as hell.

• Options
    At least you won't have to worry about any vampires getting handsy with you tonight, Cinders

• Options
    At least you won't have to worry about any vampires getting handsy with you tonight, Cinders

Awww. :(

• Options
    FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    But what about the vampire werewolves? Since they might be out tonight.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Awww. :(

I didn't say anything about non-vampires, though
    :winky:
    i am a pervosexual

• Options
    And looking up a different recipe, they only used 1 clove of garlic.

Hrm.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Any of you have a record player? I need record player advice.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    the mocking helps. Or, well, it helps in reinforcing the feelings I have myself right now. Which are confusion as to why I did this as well as certainty.

Are you in a committed relationship with her?

No?

Then don't do that again. Enjoy your freedom while you have it.

Not to say that getting into a committed relationship sucks - quite the opposite. But you aren't there right now, and for all you know you turned something down that could have actually worked out!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    He'll

how long until you outgrow this bullshit? or are you going to die of alcohol poisoning first?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @syndalis I've finally gotten the courage to start talking to the hot dog girl

Uguu~

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    really not happy with octgn's interface. it might be great if I already knew how to play the game, but I'm not really sure when to activate things and the order in which situations resolve

• Options
    I wish I had a hot dog girl to talk to

boo hoo hoo boo

This discussion has been closed.