Options

[League of Legends] The Harrowing draws near

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    FYI @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot, You post about cake baking is currently sitting on the front page of the League of legends sub-reddit. Currently at #3.

!!!!!
    lilypichu wrote:
    [score hidden] 19 minutes ago
    haha this was adorable. I want to draw/voice this. ;w;

omg

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    And then the oven fucking explodes, you catch on fire, and develop a fear of using ovens. All because you're playing on EU WEST...
    hahaha oh god

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Look I can describe ranked play in a really simple analogy

So you want to eat a cake, right, but you only have eggs. So you have to find four other people who have milk, sugar, a blender, and chocolate. But you show up, and the blender guy throws his blender to the ground and screams EGGS OR I FEED, and then the other three people start yelling at you to give up your eggs. Then you have to piece together the broken blender, and it's not really working properly, but you found some tape so it's working. Except the beaters are kind of wibbly wobbly now, so it isn't mixing the batter very well. The other four players start to scream at you for not blending the cake well enough, since that's your job, and then the milk guy has to go leave for 15 minutes because his mom just made dinner.

Are you understanding this so far? Ok good

So any ways once milk guy is back you have the cake, and its time to put it in the oven. The problem is that there are professional baking teams who just played a world baking tournament, so everyone wants to bake a cake like theirs. Even though your cake is chocolate, they want to cover it with icing meant for a vanilla cake, because that's what the Asian cake bakers do. You try to insist that your cake would be much better with chocolate icing, but they tell you to commit suicide. Finally, your shitty cake monstrosity comes out of the oven and it isnt even edible because of the whole process, and apparently cakes need more ingredients than just eggs and milk and chocolate.

Then you go into the post cake lobby and everyone unaminously agrees its your fault

Then you immediately hit the 'bake again' button and pray that this time you can just ADD THE GOD DAMN EGGS

Good analogy, but you get a "Bro?" for trying to make cakes without flour.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I like how I set out to make the worst analogy possible and a lot of people are nodding their heads and going "Yes, this is incredibly true."

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Ugh. 5 game losing streak. Sucks hard core. Need to get my head back in the game.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    FYI @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot, You post about cake baking is currently sitting on the front page of the League of legends sub-reddit. Currently at #3.

!!!!!
    lilypichu wrote:
    [score hidden] 19 minutes ago
    haha this was adorable. I want to draw/voice this. ;w;

omg

Cass don't you know Lily. I remember you saying something about it, but maybe I am misremembering.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    I don't know who LIly is, no.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    And then the oven fucking explodes, you catch on fire, and develop a fear of using ovens. All because you're playing on EU WEST...
    hahaha oh god

This one was really good too:

(referencing supports)

"Seriously, if you eat even one crumb, even if it accidentally falls in your mouth, I'm going to add so much salt to this cake you have no idea

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    My must buy items on Vi (particularly for Vi top) are Triforce (starting with Phage obviously) Black Cleaver, and Ravenous Hydra. I also very much like Maw of Malmortius for the spellshield/MR, and I build around that core.

Triforce is great on Vi. Expensive, but great. Early phage probably ideal in most builds, synergy with Q -->E is too strong to pass up.

BC is strong, but I'm not sure how the math on BC vs. BorK works out. Will need to work on that a bit, both are good.

Hydra is fun. Probably not actually a really good use of gold (Vi's waveclear is already super strong, and I'm guessing other AD items give better bang-for-your-buck). That said, Q, E, R, E into a team, use active, get paid.

Not sure about Maw, kind of a niche item anyways and Vi has enough free damage with W and bonus HP with her passive that I'd rather get a real MR item (BV, SV) instead.

I'll need to napkin math AS v. AD v. ArP some time. Bleh.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Fwiw, Riot stated that they aren't banning anyone for playing the champ clone version: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=42061467#post42061467

Also they mentioned that they'll be shutting it down shortly until they can officially launch it.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Fwiw, Riot stated that they aren't banning anyone for playing the champ clone version: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=42061467#post42061467

Also they mentioned that they'll be shutting it down shortly until they can officially launch it.

oh god the possibilities... 5Eve's vs. 5 Eve's. 10 SHACOS!

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »

Oh man 20 shacos at level 6, it would be glorious.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see a trundle 5v5 when you daisy chain ults

so trundle 2 ults trundle 1, gets 40% of armor/mr

trundle 3 ults trundle 2, gets 40% of trundle 2's armor/mr + 40% of the bonus from trundle 1

and so on until trundle 10 is a god among trolls

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

Oh man 20 shacos at level 6, it would be glorious.

LET US DO IT TONIGHT

• Options
    The blender guy is yelling at everyone not to steal his electricity. Sugar keeps telling me his eggs were better last game.

• Options
    I'm trying to think about a 5 champ team that wouldn't be fun

I was like 'naut? wait no that'd be hilarious

mmm

shen? wait no ten shields

.. j4? haha so many demacias

FUCK"

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain pretty much every support would be hilarious in a mono-match ARAM.

Except Janna. Holy shit that game would never end.

• Options
    I like how I set out to make the worst analogy possible and a lot of people are nodding their heads and going "Yes, this is incredibly true."

Straight from the comments:

"It's sad how accurate this is"

• Options
    edited October 2013

mmm

FUCK"

I think 5v5 AP Sona that start Chalice of Harmony wouldn't be fun.

Oh you did damage to someone at some point?

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the video of 10 Ziggs

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain pretty much every support would be hilarious in a mono-match ARAM.

10 Sorakas would be the kind of brutal slog that would make WWI-era trench warfare look humane and chivalrous.

• Options
    Oh god, someone is now going into extensive logical deconstruction of your analogy to show where it has cracks.

what is wrong with people?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to see 10 Zombie Brands dancing and recorded in sync with the song 'Thriller'.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »

10 Sorakas would be the kind of brutal slog that would make WWI-era trench warfare look humane and chivalrous.

haha

"LIVE"

• Options
    Yeah, but pure sustain like Soraka turns it into endurance of balancing push, tanking tower shots and pushing while wholly ignoring the other team.

Janna would just be 'lol tornado clear'.

Besides guys. 10 Leona's.

What they should really introduce with this feature is theme games like Smite does, that'd be great.

• Options
    5x5 anivia would be amazing

one person on your team applies frost, the other 4 drop Es all day

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    I thought the clips of 10 teemos looked fun as hell. I can imagine Soraka being similar.

10x Yorick/Taric/Nunu. Ugh.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Also rotations in pro play seem to have more to do with smooth lane swapping on the back of getting an objective or a gank.

The term "rotation" bugs me because it's already being overused by commentators. So far I've heard it used to describe

1. Converging on a point of the map as a team.

2. Lane swapping.

3. Cycling of skills, especially in the context of teamfights

Better terminology, riot plz

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    Oh god, someone is now going into extensive logical deconstruction of your analogy to show where it has cracks.

In fairness to that guy, the accompanying posts were overly brutal towards him. Amusing...but brutal....

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    oh god 5x5 blitzcrank, or ali

make a line back to your fountain

move enemy into laser one pull/headbutt at a time

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    What we really need to make it great is a minion heavy champ. Heimer or Zyra would be cool, but basically I want it to be equally as clusterfuckish as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stNw7L8nbt4

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

It's Reddit, man.

:/

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited October 2013

You're welcome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeX5N_QvcU

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

It's The Internet, man.

:/

ftfy

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sigh, finally felt like playing a game.

Can't even log in.

EDIT: Posting that immediately fixed it. Riot can clearly hear my internet frustration.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options

You're welcome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeX5N_QvcU

ahahahaha yessssss

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Also, now I want a cake.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular

mmm

FUCK"

10 Yoricks would be stupid unfun.

• Options
    5v5 Zed was amazing when they all synchronized their ults

This discussion has been closed.