As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Strip Search] Finale Out, Congrats to the Winner! SPOILERS UNMARKED

1313233343537»

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Okay, here are the larger versions of the sketches done by each artist, for those who like that sort of thing.

@mynt drawn by @Lexxy
    image_zpsfdd507a4.jpg

@Lexxy drawn by Tavis
    image_zps8589e76e.jpg

Tavis drawn by @KatieJRice
    image_zps31ea37dd.jpg

@KatieJRice drawn by Monica
    image_zps75c57eae.jpg

Monica drawn by Erika
    image_zpse23b3f1a.jpg

Erika drawn by @AmyTFalcone
    image_zpsbcca8f76.jpg

@AmyTFalcone drawn by @abbyhoward
    image_zps1120c274.jpg

@abbyhoward drawn by @makitori
    image_zps339353b5.jpg

@makitori drawn by Alex
    image_zps954c2bae.jpg

Alex drawn by Mack
    image_zps4c0259ff.jpg

Mack drawn by Ty
    image_zpsc2c318cd.jpg

Ty drawn by @mynt
    image_zpsa0bf6f29.jpg

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Those are all so amazing.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Those are all so amazing.

I like that despite watching her do that drawing of Nick live in about ten minutes, Lexxy's version is still almost exactly the same as the version on her Strip Search poster.

tumblr_ms5yjvfMgK1qd80v3o5_500.jpg

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So, this is the extent of my PAX swag and I think it belongs here.

Ty drew Mack, who drew Alex, who drew Maki, who drew Abby, and so on down the list ending with @Lexxy drawing Nick, who drew Ty. A fun project all around.
    image_zpscc467a9d.jpg
    Augh, dammit man, I saw you spreading your pictures out on the table to (apparently) take that picture! Too bad I didn't know it was you I could have said hi.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Ty drew Mack, who drew Alex, who drew Maki, who drew Abby, and so on down the list ending with @Lexxy drawing Nick, who drew Ty. A fun project all around.
    image_zpscc467a9d.jpg
    Augh, dammit man, I saw you spreading your pictures out on the table to (apparently) take that picture! Too bad I didn't know it was you I could have said hi.

'taint my fault, good sir! My Forum handle was Label-makered onto my Enforcer badge!

@Lexxy and her beau recognized my name, we did a forumbro fistbump, it was pretty awesome.

• Options
    aStoryAboutYouaStoryAboutYou Registered User regular
    I have, as a person utterly debilitated by grey skies, never wanted to have been in Seattle so badly.

Soooo instead of that, I'm pulled down the vid-feed from Twitch so generously provided on the PAX channel and am making a few gifs and such :). Feel free to hit me up if you want the footage before the inevitably way more professional LRR edit.

And @Mynt, a hearty cheers and every possible best wish to ya!

oWv6S12.gif
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    chromdom wrote: »
    I really like that Nick agreed with that post.

Also, @Mynt, I've always liked your hats. Where do you get them?
    And congratulations!

OK... This is my secret. The ONE hat that I always have on is a cheap, $10 flat cap that I got at Target many years ago. It fit like a glove, and is somewhat of a security blanket for me.

I have long since tried to find the very same hat everywhere (for "backup" purposes)... but I've been unsuccessful. Whenever I go into a hat store, I try on all the flat caps... But there are only a handful that have the same kind of build as my go to hat.

That being said... Goorin Brothers makes a lot of good hats, though I don't always like their badge placement. The AnnaMaria is probably as close to my cap construction as it gets.
    Also... Thanks for the congrats guuuuyysss... :D

Mynt on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    It's ALWAYS the cheap one-off stuff that is the best and you want to last forever, isn't it?

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

Is that how I embed the tweets?

I dunno.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Looks good to me mate

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Also, if you like me couldn't go to PAX, here is the Strip Search panel.
    http://t.co/Ao5OwEoHmP at about 4:55:00 EDIT: Or 5:44:00
    Watch it to the end. Shit goes down.

She was sitting right behind me and we talked for a bit before the panel started. She was very excited to stand up during the Q&A portion.

A total sweetheart.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I also have a green flat cap I bust out at fall that is from target. It's not even put together well but damned if I haven't found another hat I like.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    it ain't every day you get to see
    a dude propose to himself

:P

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »

image_zpscc467a9d.jpg

'taint my fault, good sir! My Forum handle was Label-makered onto my Enforcer badge!

@Lexxy and her beau recognized my name, we did a forumbro fistbump, it was pretty awesome.

Thanks for your role in getting her to play Transistor. She was very excited!

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So I found a neat little stat.

When you take out the couple duplicates on this list, The Last Halloween stands as the 23rd-most-funded comics project in Kickstarter history. The Cloud Factory sits in 35th. Clique Refresh sits in 97th. Sufficiently Remarkable sits in 104th. Anything That Loves, which Amy and Erika contributed to, is in 121st. (Penny Arcade itself is in 3rd; the Downloadable Content podcast is 8th.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    So what you're saying is Mike & Jerry are going to buy Kick starter and become even more internet famous and powerful.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/166549356/creepy-painting-print
    Abby wrote:
    Ever wanted your very own Creepy Painting to make your life even more of a waking nightmare? Want no more, for the prints are here! A special Halloween limited run of Creepy Painting prints will be available until the second week of November, so get yours now and never sleep again as its eyes stare endlessly into the pit of your heart!

• Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I'll probably get one because I never want to sleep again, but I'm just sayin...

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    So what you're saying is Mike & Jerry are going to buy Kick starter and become even more internet famous and powerful.

I wonder how much money a Kickstarter to buy out Kickstarter would raise.

• Options
    And what would the rewards be?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    meet the other people who reached this reward tier, travel not included

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

I suppose at the higher tiers, some sort of preferential treatment towards the backer's own Kickstarter projects?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I suppose at the higher tiers, some sort of preferential treatment towards the backer's own Kickstarter projects?

$50,000 tier - Kickstarter projects you start will require one third of the standard fee.

Taramoor on