Options

[League of Legends] Now taking bets for the most broken change

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    minions aren't people until the big minion event which retcons the last five years of LoL and introduces Baron von Poro

So champs don't kill each other in League Lore?

I...

what...

I need a drink.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T FUCKING READ THE LORE

If they killed each other the games would be over really quickly....

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    If champs don't kill other champs in this game...what is the point?

Like I literally cannot fathom what we are doing if the point is not to kill the other champs.

Am I being trolled here?

I feel like I'm being trolled :/

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿̿’\̵͇̿̿\ /̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿ DA CULLING

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    VU's that need to happen.

Riven, into looking more like an ex-Noxus badass, and not tiny girl with huge sword trope.

And Irelia, into a thematically appropriate SOUL EDGE.
    Nah.
    We need more realistic guys, I think league is ready for another Gragas.
    Gragas is not realistic, he would be dead from type 2 diabetes and would not be able to dash anywhere.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    VU's that need to happen.

Riven, into looking more like an ex-Noxus badass, and not tiny girl with huge sword trope.

And Irelia, into a thematically appropriate SOUL EDGE.
    Nah.
    We need more realistic guys, I think league is ready for another Gragas.
    Gragas is not realistic, he would be dead from type 2 diabetes and would not be able to dash anywhere.

he mooches off Piltover's excellent socialized healthcare

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Ladder points.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    minions aren't people until the big minion event which retcons the last five years of LoL and introduces Baron von Poro

I...

what...

I need a drink.

They 'die' but they get ressed again and it's not particularly upsetting

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013

Like I literally cannot fathom what we are doing if the point is not to kill the other champs.

Am I being trolled here?

League matches are how they handle political disputes in Runeterra. Basically people fought wars in the traditional way but they used magic and fucked shit up and the world was about to fall apart from too many spells. So the League of Legends was formed and champions represent their factions. Because this is really small scale they're totally cool with broken shit like Gangplank having his ship fire into the arena. Winning the game means you win your political argument.

Edit: The champions who are in the League to hunt down their nemesis (Vayne, Lucian, etc.) aren't trying to do it in matches. They're in the League for influence and money so they can get shit done and they plan to shank their nemesis outside of a match.

Also Morgana literally just finds it funny to kill Kayle again, and again, and again, and again....

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited November 2013

I...

what...

I need a drink.

They 'die' but they get ressed again and it's not particularly upsetting

it's still kind of horrible when you think about, like, Corki burning a little girl to death with White Phosphorous or whatever

they just experience the most horrible agony imaginable for a few seconds then pop back at the fountain expected to keep fighting

league of PTSD

override367 on
  • Options
    garen is forced to smash his little sister's face in and cleave her in half because she doesn't agree with him on a minor point of taxation

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular

Am I being trolled here?

Did you ever watch Robot Jox?

that was the inspiration for league

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    skyknyt wrote: »

Am I being trolled here?

No, but if it contains the same level of sanity, I'm not sure if clawing my own eyes out would be more enjoyable.

Roz on
  • Options
    garen is forced to smash his little sister's face in and cleave her in half because she doesn't agree with him on a minor point of taxation

Impaling Luxanna with a giant ethereal sword dropped from space, classic Garen

• Options

Impaling Luxanna with a giant ethereal sword dropped from space, classic Garen

Everyone has a good laugh except Lux who is twitching and weeping silently

• Options
    now that I think about it, Jinx's psyche is probably about the most accurate for what you get when you brutally murder a person over and over

if anything she's too well adjusted for what they go through and I am now deeply suspicious of the other champions

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I love every bit of the discussion from the last 2 pages or so.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    now that I think about it, Jinx's psyche is probably about the most accurate for what you get when you brutally murder a person over and over

if anything she's too well adjusted for what they go through and I am now deeply suspicious of the other champions

Annie, Lux, and Teemo are all somewhat crazy.
    Anivia is probably fine, since she's used to the end of everything, not some meager individual lives.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular

Am I being trolled here?

No, but if it contains the same level of sanity, I'm not sure if clawing my own eyes out would be more enjoyable.

It's the movie I'd make if I was 8 years old
    http://youtu.be/8Kd642Ix5ks

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Sivir doesn't give a shit about anything but getting paid so her trauma is relatively minor

Katarina's a stone cold sociopath

Everyone else is probably a wreck

• Options
    Sivir doesn't give a shit about anything but getting paid so her trauma is relatively minor

I guess people have coping mechanisms

For example, Gragas weighed 140 pounds when he started in the league

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Oh god, finally a Samurai champion for me. <3
    Did anyone play Samurai Shodown?

Kibagami motherfuckin' Genjuro. Would kill to see any references at all to him or Haohmaru or my bro Galford :3

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Am I being trolled here?

It's a magical battlefield to settle disputes in place of wars.

People still flex their power but no one actually dies.

ROZ IS SO BAD AT LORE.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Anivia is probably fine, since she's used to the end of everything, not some meager individual lives.

What is this? You mean because she's a Phoenix she's used to death or..dare I ask?

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    oh my god this qt game is magical.

Teaching koreans the american way.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options

Am I being trolled here?

It's the movie I'd make if I was 8 years old
    http://youtu.be/8Kd642Ix5ks

You would make urgot have a saw penis?

• Options

What is this? You mean because she's a Phoenix she's used to death or..dare I ask?

Because she's survived the end of the universe. Repeatedly. She's ancient beyond reckoning.

• Options

Liss is fine. Annie is insane. Poor Udyr and Volibear though.

They are good peeps in an ungood world.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    The problem is that they've been slowly removing all references to the Institute of War from the lore, so at some point these people are just going to aimlessly fight in an arena which will be more of a metaphor for war rather than an explicit mechanism to deal with it.

I'm also not completely clear on how Summoners fit in. Like, am I an anonymous Piltovian noble who summons Caitlyn, or what?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Because she's survived the end of the universe. Repeatedly. She's ancient beyond reckoning.

Zilean laughs heartily at Anivia's age.

• Options
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Am I being trolled here?

It's a magical battlefield to settle disputes in place of wars.

People still flex their power but no one actually dies.

ROZ IS SO BAD AT LORE.

I feel League's Lore has a requirement of "you must be at least this |` insane to understand what's going on"

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »

Actually, thats an interesting question. Zilean exists throughout time at once, but does that make him older than Anivia, who is simply eternal?

Also, are they BFFs?

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    The problem is that they've been slowly removing all references to the Institute of War from the lore, so at some point these people are just going to aimlessly fight in an arena which will be more of a metaphor for war rather than an explicit mechanism to deal with it.

I'm also not completely clear on how Summoners fit in. Like, am I an anonymous Piltovian noble who summons Caitlyn, or what?

Summoners go to school and train at it for many years (see: Lee Sin lore)

they form a psychic connection to the champions and order them to do shit on the battlefield

It's really just a really awkward and hamfisted way to make THE PLAYER PART OF THE GAAAAAAAAME

• Options

The longer this conversation goes on the larger the black void that's slowly devouring my remaining sanity gets.

I'm going to try to understand, I am certain this is going to cause me immense pain, but nonetheless I am intrigued.

How has Annivia survived the end of the universe repeatedly? Like, if the universe ends, how is there possibly a place she could exist to continue onwards?

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Actually, thats an interesting question. Zilean exists throughout time at once, but does that make him older than Anivia, who is simply eternal?

Also, are they BFFs?

Zilean is the Doctor.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Sometimes I can't help but wonder what makes people make the decisions they do. I'm mid Quinn fighting a Karma. Predictably i'm putting a hurting on her with my dorMAN's blade. I get her to about 20% health, and i'm 90%. Udyr rages in with red buff but at like 40% health, so i'm like please let's do this. Karma gets too close and I kill her. Udyr takes a couple shots and now he's at ~15% health and i'm still at maybe 80%. He steps back from the minions which I am not backing away from at all, and then he just runs right at me again.

Keep in mind we're right smack in the middle of mid lane and I have a minion wave of about 10 minions i'm standing in. As SOON as he got to me and hit the bear stun he clearly did a Michael Bluth(i've made a huge mistake) and popped his ghost and ran away but it was of course too late and I hit him with Q/E and a couple autos and now I have 2 kills instead of 1 and a red buff which I used to snowball the game.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Liss is fine. Annie is insane. Poor Udyr and Volibear though.

They are good peeps in an ungood world.

Udyr before League: Magical hobo bear who cannot die and punches people.

Udyr after League: Magical hobo bear who cannot die and punches people.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options

The longer this conversation goes on the larger the black void that's slowly devouring my remaining sanity gets.

I'm going to try to understand, I am certain this is going to cause me immense pain, but nonetheless I am intrigued.

How has Annivia survived the end of the universe repeatedly? Like, if the universe ends, how is there possibly a place she could exist to continue onwards?

she doesnt really remember anything beyond a life or two, everything other than that is hazy, so i dont even think she could answer that

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

an incredibly creepy noble who has a thing for Caitlyn and is in fact responsible for Piltover City Ordinance 317-a "Dress code for female sheriffs"

• Options

Also, are they BFFs?

Zilean cannot exist throughout all of time equally. He's a time cop, not God.

• Options
    he exists through all of time but there's nothing he can do about it

and he knows how the future turns out when he's in the past

so he's just really, really fucking depressed

This discussion has been closed.