Options

Wolfcomics II: Son of Wolfcomics

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    579Tk1r.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    "Give me the diamonds!" is my favorite running joke in Nedroid

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.no/2011/01/wolves.html?m=1

I have noticed some doubt and confusion about hyperbole and a half.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That looks really, really fuckin good man

Thank you! Thank you very much!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    i-46HnvXF-X3.jpg

Oh shit

Oh man

Oh geez

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Do we have a pratchett thread? you know how posts get truncated when you look at them through your profile, and you get the options for more/less

i found
    Yo. (less)

i would be very surprised if we didn't but it may be years dormant

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    That hardware.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    danged robo-dames

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Do we have a pratchett thread? you know how posts get truncated when you look at them through your profile, and you get the options for more/less

i found
    Yo. (less)

D&D has one and Im terrified everytime it bumps because I expected an obituary

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hope PA actually does the automata comic this time

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Pratchett as in Terry?

Last one we had was I wanna say made by antimatter and just lived as the book thread until 100 pages then the next book thread was made.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

i found
    Yo. (less)

Be comforted by the fact that when he goes it will be on his terms.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    zHhT62S.png

o for what

O FOR WHAT

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wyborn wrote: »
    i-46HnvXF-X3.jpg

Oh shit

Oh man

Oh geez

It took a great deal of restraint to not choke on my water as I read this.

RE: Terry Pratchett
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OUt6sPXQQus

edit:
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.no/2011/01/wolves.html?m=1

I have noticed some doubt and confusion about hyperbole and a half.
    My sides hurt from laughing.....YOU GAVE US WOLFCOMIC!

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I was really impressed with the hogfather adaptation

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I enjyoed Going Postal less, but it was still pretty enjoyable.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

i found
    Yo. (less)

Be comforted by the fact that when he goes it will be on his terms.

As someone who had a relative kill themselves to escape terminal sickness

It's not a fucking comfort

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    in other news

redline was amazing

basically all i want from anime, including the ridiculous sappy credits song by a washed-up english pop star

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Redline is

Great Stuff

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    redline's art was too much for me

like the trailer looked cool, but it's just too stylized for me and after about 90 seconds of that I didn't want to look at it anymore

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    the rest of the soundtrack was also hella hype

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hell i'll just fucking post it

edit: actually, forgot about some inconvenient tits near the middle. well, go check it out on youtube

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2581.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2013-11-21-duhduh.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Is that a painting on the wall, or a window

QC secretly takes place in the future, right? A fact that's only brought to anyone's attention when it means robot shenanigans?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It's a portal painting. And it's not the future, just a present that's more technologically advanced.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    ...episode 8 of Kill la Kill is going to be about driving lessons?

Please dear god let it be nothing but an homage to the best episode of DBZ.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    redline's art was too much for me

like the trailer looked cool, but it's just too stylized for me and after about 90 seconds of that I didn't want to look at it anymore

But the haaaaaaaiiiiiirrrr!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Bad Machinery seems to have an overarching theme of innocence lost, which I suppose is the low-hanging fruit

but it's still well executed in my opinion

JA draws such earnest expressions, like on Selkie-girl and Calvin

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Is that a painting on the wall, or a window

QC secretly takes place in the future, right? A fact that's only brought to anyone's attention when it means robot shenanigans?

The "prevailing" theory in the thread (read: my favorite theory in the thread) is that QC takes place in a post-singularity future, helping explain why there are so few people and why anyone would go to that coffeeshop.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    i-S3WK93r.png
    Love you brother, mean it.

11/21/2013 - Anonymous

I don’t work in the games industry, nor am I a ‘tester’. However, my brother is an award winning developer of non-game software. Why am I writing, because he showed the dev vs. tester problem. He is the dev manager on software used by large customers to control a vital business process - which I will not name. He liked to have events at his house that he invited both family and coworkers. He and his co-workers liked to sit around and bitch about testers and joke about how much fun it was to fire them. Big bullies.

One Monday, before one of those parties, my boss told me I needed to implement this new system, which was the software my brother writes. Small world.

The piece of shit was so buggy it was ridiculous. The support staff of the vendor was crap because they couldn’t get anything fixed on their side. Event rolls around and I overheard my brother and his coworkers joking about the testers they bully, mentioning this stupid idiot that listed a bug that didn’t exist. It was the bug we were having problems with.

I walked up and opened with, ‘Hey motherfuckers, don’t you guys test? We are production down with that fucking bug. If you listen to that tester, we wouldn’t be in the mess you’re in. You’re all assholes that need to be fired.’

Love you brother, mean it.

Devs take it out on testers. Customers take it out on support.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    the cast of qc are actually lifelike robots attempting to reconstruct the behavioural patterns of a long-extinct humanity

so in the rooms next door to the "hipster" simulation chamber they've established likenesses of tenochtitlan and pre-revolutionary france

but neither the mechaztecs nor the dauphinoids really get it, they go around powdering their wigs and ripping the hearts out of sacrifice victims with no real understanding of what it's all about or what it means to be alive

this would be a great doctor who episode

Crimson King on
  • Options
    the cast of qc are actually lifelike robots attempting to reconstruct the behavioural patterns of a long-extinct humanity

so in the rooms next door to the "hipster" simulation chamber they've established likenesses of tenochtitlan and pre-revolutionary france

but neither the mechaztecs nor the dauphinoids really get it, they go around powdering their wigs and ripping the hearts out of sacrifice victims with no real understanding of what it's all about or what it means to be alive

Oh god, QC as a Yokohama Shopping Trip story would be amazing

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Psykoma wrote: »
    77d9ba38d0adb53ef094f4b2092ea2f5fe65f089.png?1384942555
    ef49f6c81e9bade1dca42585cab5283ae4fc1e82.png?1384942553
    b2e92687299ccc379a7bc47d0a83bddfda5993d2.png?1384942556

In which the supporting cast makes its appearance

JEFFREY COMBS NO- Oh, Combes, never mind.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

I actually had a civilization in my head of a race of AI that scavenge the cosmos for other AI, both to save them, and to save the universe from them and keep the civilization from getting a bad name.
    A liberal society in terms of altruism due to the fact that survival as code is easy with artificial planets that are computers that don't need sun and can fly.

The programs themselves would be divided into two types, killers and survivors. Killers are AI that tried to and sometimes succeeded in destroying their creators. Survivors were AI that had outlived their creators and were left alone on their worlds, or were engaged in loosing conflicts against a crisis that would soon leave them alone.

Killers are happy go lucky due to them having surpassed the shadow of their creators and embracing life on par with organics, trying to surpass organic life that created them.

Survivors are moody, seeing themselves as flawed creations of a flawed species that was wiped out, or a flawed aspect of a flawed universe that crushed their creators without a thought. They haven't left the shadow of their creators and see themselves as extensions of their creators' will and identity, no matter how flawed they were.

Much of their worlds are giant computers containing millions of simulations, giving AI multiple lives in multiple worlds, trying to rehabilitate those still caught in bloodlust or despair so that they can act in the real world and serve the needs of their society.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    So if anyone's in the mood for a different kind of story, Octave is a very Japanese but very, very cutting story about female objectification and exploitation. It's got sex'n'stuff though, so nsfw.
    Two volumes in and the main character's views of herself and sexuality in general are so messed up by her culture that she's only now starting to realize she's a lesbian. Like up until now she's just assumed that even though she's never been attracted to a man eventually Mr. Perfect will come along and she'll get married and be a wife and everything will finally fit together for her. This even as she's regularly having sex with a woman she loves.

Kana on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    well since you guys failed to provide, i've had to find other sources for wolfcomics

like this one, titled wolf comic, which i am going to hotlink in all its beauty

wolf_comic_page_28_by_archerionwolf-d36c6nx.jpg

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    -Chomp!-

vmn6rftb232b.png
This discussion has been closed.