Options

[steam] Winter is Here

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    This is a great (!) Steam sale utility site: http://steamdb.info/sales/

Sorting on games only clears out the DLC clutter.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I'm prepped for this sale.
    I've wiped my wishlist clean and now I wait for the right time to strike.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bad Rats is 49 cents, everybody!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    @Incindium wasted no time, sending a gift my way.
    s3nAA81.jpg

Not poisoned chocolates, you say?
    Should I be suspicious that you specified that? Darn it, my Internal Affairs skill is not high enough. Shouldn't have put all of those points into Falcons.

Thank you very much! This game looks adorable and I'm excited to give it a try!

I did not even finish typing that before @OneAngryPossum also sent a gift.
    YI8kOo7.jpg

Apparently, OneAngryPossum has already put some time into using this DLC! I need to get some practice myself. I think I dropped a "Gosh Darnit!" during the stream last night. I rarely swear except at bad drivers, so typing is a good place to start!

Thank you so much! With this and the new cards, I now have no excuse not to go and finish the game!

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I shouldn't have sold all of my Steam cards...

Are the card prices spiking? O_O If so it's time to clear the shelves...

The fact that the winter badge doesn't have a level limit and the winter cards will be deleted after the winter sale I can only assume prices will begin to spike. Everyone will keep on buying cards for a shot at the legendary items.
    Gonna just

Buy everyone else stuff

And forget to buy myself stuff

Just like last year

Already dropped a Dishonored GoTY on someone

Now to stalk this thread

And wait

Sup stalker bro.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Shit, I have to reinforce my wishlist.

You also need to link your steam sig ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I've been hit already! The sale just started - thanks for Lunar Flight @Shdwcaster!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    @Houn, noticing I didn't have the Penny Arcade games #3 and 4, went up and decided to gift them to me

<3<3<3 you are awesome!

...you need to log into steam more often, that was Fall sale!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Incindium wasted no time, sending a gift my way.
    s3nAA81.jpg

Not poisoned chocolates, you say?
    Should I be suspicious that you specified that? Darn it, my Internal Affairs skill is not high enough. Shouldn't have put all of those points into Falcons.

Thank you very much! This game looks adorable and I'm excited to give it a try!

Your spoiler seems to imply that the points in falcons was a waste. Im afraid we all know thats completely impossible.

Speaking of being impossible, @Isorn already started the sale off by gifting me a copy of Tales of Maj,Eyel. I love me some rogue games, thanks so much. <3

(Berylline is still a terrible person for implying falcons are wrong)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    We nearly raised double what we did last year. Truly stellar work, people.

I also want to thank Corrigan and iolo for their assistance in tracking donations, along with the small group I grabbed back in November to develop the initial incentives. And of course, a big thanks to everyone that donated, offered their own incentives, and generally helped make this thing a success. After last year's little impromptu torture of anoffday, I though it would be neat to turn that into an annual event to give the thread something to do while waiting on the winter sale.

Badges will not be coming right away, but I will let you all know when I've started handing them out. In the event that you did NOT get a badge, please PM me (and me specifically) and just show me where I missed you. Our total is still preliminary because there might be donations I missed and the badge distribution will help sort that out.

So again, thanks to everyone for making this happen, enjoy the deluge of games you're about to buy on the cheap, have a happy holiday, and we'll see you next year.

@Rorus Raz I was lazy and only took a screenshot of this the other day, but I left the purchase date in. Does it count? :P
    AUbXiYt.png

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I shouldn't have sold all of my Steam cards...

Are the card prices spiking? O_O If so it's time to clear the shelves...

The fact that the winter badge doesn't have a level limit and the winter cards will be deleted after the winter sale I can only assume prices will begin to spike. Everyone will keep on buying cards for a shot at the legendary items.
    Gonna just

Buy everyone else stuff

And forget to buy myself stuff

Just like last year

Already dropped a Dishonored GoTY on someone

Now to stalk this thread

And wait

Sup stalker bro.

You fucked up

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Just sold a globe for $1.50. Time to craft another badge and start all over again.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    dear holy GabeN, please please please don't put Black Flag on sale till after Christmas.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    @jclast I thought Max Payne 3 was an absolute wretch of a game and not worth the £5 I paid for it. The only thing it had going for it was the shooting but even then you get thrown into a cutscene every two steps

Avoid

@jclast don't listen to this crazy guy. Max Payne 3 is fucking great.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    dear holy GabeN, please please please don't put Black Flag on sale till after Christmas.

It's one of the cards. Guaranteed daily sale.

• Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Karoz for Monaco! My life as a criminal has begun!

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    Managed to nab the Bioshock season pass before they corrected the mistake, I am so glad for the Steam App ... I don't know how I'd survive through work without it.
    Speaking of being at work, anyone want to summarize what the meta game is this year? I saw upthread where the snow globes now reveal games (and I assume can be crafted), anything else going on?

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

It's one of the cards. Guaranteed daily sale.

Yeah I know. I'm just praying it's after Christmas so I can afford it. Even on sale it'll still be $40+, I assume.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    @Rorus Raz I was lazy and only took a screenshot of this the other day, but I left the purchase date in. Does it count? :P
    AUbXiYt.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWgmQYAQ90

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    @jclast I thought Max Payne 3 was an absolute wretch of a game and not worth the £5 I paid for it. The only thing it had going for it was the shooting but even then you get thrown into a cutscene every two steps

Avoid

Well now I'm torn. I'll keep watch on it as I definitely like things that are fucking great.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

(Berylline is still a terrible person for implying falcons are wrong)

.... okay she might not be that terrible, @Berylline gifted me a copy of the typing of the dead swearing dlc. <3<3<3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Avoid

Well now I'm torn. I'll keep watch on it as I definitely like things that are fucking great.

Did you like Man on Fire?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I want the globes so I can get the items for War Thunder and DotA but w/e

• Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    Shit. Assetto Corsa is on sale. I just hooked my wheel and rig back up to play Race 07 and that game goes on sale.

I will not give in. I will not give in.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    That triple bioshock deal is crazy pants

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I can finish my Steam holiday sale stuff today.

Got the BI season pass when it was glitched. That makes up for missing the Dishonored GotY glitch last sale.

Need Brigmore Witches. Probably end up grabbing that before the day is out.

And that's all I'm really looking forward to that is likely to receive substantial discounts. Starbound obviously isn't going to drop since it's technically not even out yet. I might pick it up at full price anyway after my last exam today since it won't be a distraction from important stuff. I'd love to get Lego Marvel and Enemy Unknown, but I'm almost positive those aren't going to drop to where I'd like. Might get the missing Marvel pinball tables I don't have, but I'm going to play "wait and see" on those for now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Avoid

Never saw it, but it looked great.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    I'll be watching my spending for this one; I just got Shadow Man (Turok 2 PC when, guys?) and Alien Rage for a trading card as a reward. Maybe when other things on my wishlist go on Flash Sale I'll pick them up.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    @Houn, noticing I didn't have the Penny Arcade games #3 and 4, went up and decided to gift them to me

<3<3<3 you are awesome!

...you need to log into steam more often, that was Fall sale!

I know! I've been lazy, since we reorganized furniture and such, so my desktop is not set up, and it's always just been easier to grab a handheld or book instead of spending time to set it all up again... Please forgive meeeee

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Puppygames Weekly Sale: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    Will be available available in 6 minutes.
    Beat the average to unlock Steam keys.

-Ultratron
    -Droid Assault
    -Titan Attacks
    -Revenge of the Titans

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    @HeirTransparent - you were right.
    Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before Jan 3rd 11am PST.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Runner 2 is super cheap, 83% off.

In fact, all of the Bit.Trip games are super cheap right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/31547/

Aside from Runner 2, you can get any of the other Bit.Trip games for 99 cents! I guess I'll finally buy the one missing from my collection!

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Puppygames Weekly Sale: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    Will be available available in 6 minutes.

-Ultratron
    -Droid Assault
    -Titan Attacks
    -Revenge of the Titans

Revenge of the Titans is the only one I've played and it feels a LITTLE obtuse. Too much "make sure you've upgraded/bought the right things for future levels".

The others I haven't played yet, but bought when I got 75% off coupons for. They look interesting, and better than Revenge, so go fig. Probably worth a look.

Also, the price of the cards is going to crater, but Ultratron cards were among the most valuable I had, so if you're fast and people buy them, the sale might pay for itself.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Space Hulk worth buying?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Really hoping for a discount on Tales of Maj'Eyal.

Because obviously I need to continue constructing my monumental pyramid of unfinished roguelikes. It's not tall enough yet!

• Options

Avoid

Never saw it, but it looked great.

It was! You should really watch it!

But in the meantime, have a gift.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before Jan 3rd 11am PST.

The economics of this is going to be fun to watch. Explains the prices. People are gunning to craft those uber items to flip.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The earlier Assassin's Creed games are never cheaper, and I wait every sale for sub 10$ and I'm always let down. Sigh.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular

Got it. Sell every one I get on the last day.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Thought I owned Dust so I voted for FTL, which I already have.

This discussion has been closed.