Options

Why did you jump on the spikes, Giant Bomb?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Batman but you have blink from Dishonored? Holy shit yes

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    That Mordor trailer is pretty boss but if they're gonna say stuff like "there are no generic canned enemies in this dynamic living world" you know the pr for this game is gonna be some hot bullshit.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    I did play some spelunky last night for the first time and what I learned is I'm really bad at it

but it was fun

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Adding a sword instantly makes the combat a lot less satisfying to me

It's not as immediate and dare I use the word 'visceral' as punchin' dudes and just makes me go "well shouldn't one hit be enough"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    That cat looks cross between Gizmo and an Ewok. It's not nice showing me something so cute that I can never have due to my wanting to still be alive.

Ewok cat, you say?

God damn you. This is like teasing someone who has a peanut allergy by walking in front of them eating a PB&J and marveling about how great it is.

I've heard you can gradually build an immunity to pet allergies. Obviously I don't know your situation or history, but it's something to think about, I suppose!

Unfortunately that won't work for me. If I am around cats for more than a few minutes I cease to be able to breath. To go over to my brother's house I have to take a lot of medicine and even then I can only be there for a few hours before I start having trouble.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    august wrote: »
    That Mordor trailer is pretty boss but if they're gonna say stuff like "there are no generic canned enemies in this dynamic living world" you know the pr for this game is gonna be some hot bullshit.

Depends on how you interpret that sentence

If they have a base of goblin parts you could totally have the game generate enemies from them so none are exactly the same

Add a name generator

Boom

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    this system of enemy history seems super-ambitious, hope they can pull it off

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Isn't that the next Monolith game?

Nice to see they're still up to some good stuff.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    But you're fighting orcs, I can buy them being relatively sword resistant.

Also yeah, I hope that game blatantly steals everything good from assassin's creed and batman, because why not

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So what's the lore reason for the guy going transparent and have a force wave and stuff?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I can't believe I'm excited about something LotR related

• Options
    So what's the lore reason for the guy going transparent and have a force wave and stuff?

he's half ringwraith

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

midichlorians

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

I can already see into its kinda copout future where it's very specific enemies and you will have very specific choices in how you deal with them like burning that guy's face

There will maybe be 1 or 2 different things you could do with that guy

It also requires enemies that try to escape, and unless they want to make combat even less satisfying, not very many enemies are going to try to run away

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    This'll be The Force Unleashed of the LotR universe

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    and of course the graphics are just super duper pretty

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    talion totally feels like a 14 year old's dnd character though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The only time sword fighting should be one hit kill is with lightsabers. It takes a good amount or a lucky hit to kill someone with a real sword, especially if they have any armor.

• Options
    talion totally feels like a 14 year old's dnd character though

Do you mean totally rad

• Options
    Radius wrote: »

he's half ringwraith

Wait, you are kidding right?

• Options

he's half ringwraith

Nope, he's fighting the influence so he has some of the powers

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Yo, this shit's just too fanstastical for this fantasy setting.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    The only time sword fighting should be one hit kill is with lightsabers. It takes a good amount or a lucky hit to kill someone with a real sword, especially if they have any armor.

Yeah, but... you hit me with a sword, I'm probably not going to get back up regardless of if you kill me.

• Options

Yeah, but... you hit me with a sword, I'm probably not going to get back up regardless of if you kill me.

Yeah but

You aren't a corrupted man bred for battle (isn't that what orcs are in Tolkein I don't know)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9J_ewx3Rg

In Shadows of Mordor, you will press Y to Terror

Okay

I'll be part of this world

• Options

I can already see into its kinda copout future where it's very specific enemies and you will have very specific choices in how you deal with them like burning that guy's face

It also requires enemies that try to escape, and unless they want to make combat even less satisfying, not very many enemies are going to try to run away

yeah the claims of EVERY ENEMY ENCOUNTER HAS A DIRECT INFLUENCE ON ORC SOCIETY sounds suspect

but even having a handful of specific enemies remember their history with you would be cool

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    every encounter does have an impact on Orc society though

-1 orc

at minimum

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I like how they've moved on from calling the franchise LOTR because hey the new movies aren't called that how are we gonna bank on it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I don't know why I'm kinda bummed that it's cross-gen but I am

It's nice that people who are holding off on or just plain not getting the new consoles will be able to play it but I'd also just like them to be able to really go for it and not have to scale back to fit it on 360 and PS3

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

yeah the claims of EVERY ENEMY ENCOUNTER HAS A DIRECT INFLUENCE ON ORC SOCIETY sounds suspect

but even having a handful of specific enemies remember their history with you would be cool

They're not clear with it, but I am sure the "Nemesis" system is specifically referring to the named Orcs and how they interact with the different areas. That's why he says stuff like "Ratbag and Olthrug are some of the enemies you will encounter via the Nemesis system."

• Options
    Scudo wrote: »

-1 orc

at minimum

but is there actually a simulation there, as they seem to imply

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Well.

Good luck burning Mordor, Angergorn.

That'll work.

• Options

he's half ringwraith

Nope, he's fighting the influence so he has some of the powers

But. How is he a half-ringwraith?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9J_ewx3Rg

In Shadows of Mordor, you will press Y to Terror

Okay

I'll be part of this world

Look at this sword
    Isn't it neat?
    Wouldn't you think my armory's complete?
    Wouldn't you think I'm the man
    The ranger who has everything?
    Look at this trove
    Treasures untold
    How many wonders can one treasure chest hold?
    Looking around here you think
    Sure, He's got everything
    I've got arrows and daggers a-plenty
    I've got axes and swords galore
    You want maces?
    I've got twenty!
    But who cares?
    No big deal
    I want mooooore

• Options
    Scudo wrote: »

-1 orc

at minimum

but is there actually a simulation there, as they seem to imply

The simulation is that this is actually Assassin's Creed 5, say hello to one of Desmond's ancestors.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    He had a human father and a ringwraith mother, duh.

• Options
    Can you corrupt an Orc and force him to become an Orc politician and gain control of 35% of the Orc population

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    He had a human father and a ringwraith mother, duh.

Oh okay that makes wait a minute.

But seriously is no one else bothered by the implication that a spectral Nazgul fathered a kid somewhere?

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Xenoblade stuff
    Fuck yeah, that Colony Six climax

Fuck yeah, Sharla blasting Mechon apart

Fuck yeah, Shulk and Reyn being best bros and not letting the old man die

Fuck yeah, everything about Xord, from his voice, to his animations, to the subtle clues he was dropping about the Mechons with faces

Fuck yeah, getting a Jem and the Hologram achievement.

In short, fuck yeah, Xenoblade is awesome.

Though I find it weird how Sharla pronounces Reyn wrong. But I can write that off as her Colony Six accent.
    oh shit there's more!

Dunban! Though he's saying Reyn like Sharla. Maybe they couldn't pick a pronunciation in time for all the voice acting to be done? Or maybe I am hallucinating how Shulk and Reyn say it. That makes all the various Rain puns weaker though.

And Metal Face is totally that guy from the prologue. And Zeus is in a tree? And I'm pretty sure Riku from Kingdom Hearts just saved me by sicking a dragon on those dudes.

Well, Shulk just said it that way too, how did I not notice for the first 7 hours or so?

Get ready for the second best day/night cycle in the game
    Wait, second best? If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, what's the best?

dota 2

• Options
    edited January 2014
    After this I hope we get Assassin's Creed on Coruscant, Assassin's Creed in Hogwarts, and Assassin's Creed vs. Aliens vs. Predator (the twist is that the Predators founded the Assassin's.)

Radius on
This discussion has been closed.