As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Durai Report - Day 8: Victory for the MrBlarney Stone!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Signup time

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    @Rainfall I DEMAND YOU PARTAKE. SO I CAN KILL YOU.

Fuck you!

!Sign Up

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLVi4v7lSM

!Sign Up

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Haha, silly Ardor. Expecting me to have read the OP!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Haha, silly Ardor. Expecting me to have read the OP!

A classic hosting mistake!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

Fuck you!

!Sign Up

I'LL EAT YOUR HEART

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Rainfall I DEMAND YOU PARTAKE. SO I CAN KILL YOU.

Fuck you!

!Sign Up

I'LL EAT YOUR HEART

I'D EAT YOUR BRAIN BUT IT'S CLEARLY ALREADY GONE!

• Options
    Rainfall I DEMAND YOU PARTAKE. SO I CAN KILL YOU.

Fuck you!

!Sign Up

I'LL EAT YOUR HEART

I'D EAT YOUR BRAIN BUT IT'S CLEARLY ALREADY GONE!

BLOODLUST BEATS BRAINS EVERY TIME

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    We're waiting on a few folks choosing their starting jobs. Once everything has been chosen, I'll get things rolling. I'd guess we will start around 8-9ish tonight CDT.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Day 1 - The Unknown

Finishing his opening statements, Olan Durai had realized that even though they were under attack from within, he must continue his work in the meantime to ensure his report is both heard and investigated in order to be faithful to his convictions and his friends, though they may be gone from this world.

Through his power, he had sealed his door to help prevent his life from being taken. This would only hold as long as the MrBlarney stone is not focused solely on him. Minimal protection, but it was all he had time for at this very moment. Running through his diaries, notes and scribbles, he searched for any clues he could find regarding the Zodiac stones and perhaps information surrounding this 14th stone, lost until he discovered it recently.

His notes seem to indicate that this stone was different. It did not inhabit a single vessel such as the others. There would be no single powerful zodiac face, but that doesn't mean all of those lured by the stone would stay human either. There are no clues yet. The only clue he discovered, is that the stone would act on its own, but would find a way to protect its followers as well, since that is what keeps it from being contained, lost, or forgotten.

The sounds of fighting are still strong in the hidden underground temple, which meant that he had time yet. He would continue refining his report while searching for clues to survive this trial. Time was not on his side and every day that passes sees more of his supporters fading. He must put his hopes on those still loyal to him, as Ramza did before him. Perhaps there's still a chance yet.

There are 30 players in this game. Investigations of the dead indicate there are very likely 4 guards loyal to the MrBlarney Stone.

Each day, you can vote to Attack, Guard and Seer players each night, please see the OP for more information. These votes are made in public.

Each day, you have private votes available to you based upon your job. I will send you each a PM with your job and affiliation along with a reminder as to which private votes you have available. Private votes can be used as Kill, Guard or Seer depending on your job. Currently, at least 9 private votes are needed to have a successful action whether it be kill, guard or seer. Please see the OP for more information.

At this time, there is some mystery surrounding the power of the stone and those with it, but any other information should be available. Feel free to ask questions if you wish. The only abilities in the game are to kill, guard or seer at this time. The guards loyal to the stone, while a bit less in number than usual, are much tougher to kill.

Job Changing - You may choose to change your job if you wish today, please send me a PM with which job you wish to have. You will change jobs at the end of each day if you survive.

Available Jobs

Squire – You have 1 private vote each night. It can be to Seer or Kill. Your job ability is that you will know how many players have chosen each job. You are also aware of how many successful private voting actions took place, but not the results.

Chemist – You have 1 private vote each night. It can be to Guard or Kill. Your job ability is that you can analyze one dead player to determine how they died and by whom. So if a player was killed with a successful private vote, you will learn the names of those involved.

Knight *Unlocked* - You have 1 private vote each night. It can be to Guard or Kill. This vote is worth 2, not 1 like the earlier jobs. Your job ability is that if you participate in a successful guard which blocks an attack, you are also protected from 1 attack that night. Remember, this only activates if you block an attack successfully, not if you participate in a successful guard action on someone alone.

Future Job Requirements - These are jobs that can be earned when certain criteria are met.

Black Mage - Available when one of the following occurs: 1) 3 successful private kill attempts are made or 2) Only 70% or less of the players are left in the game (21 players or less).

Monk - Available when one of the following occurs: 1) 3 attacks are successfully blocked through private guard actions or 2) Only 60% or less of the players are left in the game (18 players or less).

Mystic - Available when one of the following occurs: 1) 3 Successful seer actions are made AND 1 guard loyal to the stone has been seered or 2) Chemists have identified two different targets of the MrBlarney Stone or 3) Only 50% or less of the players are left in the game (15 players or less).

Ninja - Available when one of the following occurs: 1) Half of the guards loyal to the stone are killed or 2) 9 successful private kill actions are made or 3) Only 40% or less of the players are left in the game (12 players or less).

Holy Knight - Available when one of the following occurs: 1) When the number of Olan Guards are equal or less than double the number of guards loyal to the stone or 2) 2 MrBlarney Stone attacks have been nullified or 3) 6 private attacks have been successfully blocked by private guard actions AND the number of players in the game are at 50% or less (15 players or less).

Arithmetician - Available when one of the following occurs: 1) When 2 guards loyal to the stone have been successfully seered through private actions AND 1 MrBlarney Stone attack has been nullified or 2) 4 private seer, 4 private guard and 4 private kill actions have been made.

Clarification around successful actions required to unlock new jobs - When a job requires a successful action to be made, it means the action has received at least 30% of the vote to be successful (guard, kill or seer) but unless otherwise stated, does not have to successfully kill, guard or seer your target. If a private kill action is blocked by a private guard action, that counts as both a successful kill action and a successful guard action. Public voting does not count towards any job requirement.

Most of the jobs will be unlocked at a specific player count, some will require other details as well, due to how powerful they are.

I will be sending your PMs out now and I expect to be done in 30 minutes or less. You may begin voting at any time. Each day will end at 10pm CDT. I hope to have narration out within an hour of that and your daily pms after that.

Ardor on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Sir Fab

• Options
  • Options
    All role PMs are out. If you didn't get one, please send me a PM.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    How did I miss this?? reserve

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I am sort of sad there is no rock-throwing option available.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The job system is AWESOME

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

yay! UPWARD MOBILITY! yay!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

yay! UPWARD MOBILITY! yay!

Exactly

Plus its a massive reward for the village working together effectively

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    For mystics to unlock, is that supposed to be private seers? I assume so.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    And village strategy wise, should we just go for unlock jobs early? I'm feeling like yes? But I am a builder at heart, in all games always.

• Options
    Can we change jobs and still make our private action in the same night with our previous job?

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    Each day, you have private votes available to you based upon your job. I will send you each a PM with your job and affiliation along with a reminder as to which private votes you have available. Private votes can be used as Kill, Guard or Seer depending on your job. Currently, at least 9 private votes are needed to have a successful action whether it be kill, guard or seer. Please see the OP for more information.

Ok now I get TA'S "kime" comment.

So I assume he will win all 3? B)

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Who gets the seer results?

• Options
    For mystics to unlock, is that supposed to be private seers? I assume so.

Yes, sorry. Private seer actions.
    Can we change jobs and still make our private action in the same night with our previous job?

Yes. Today your job is set, so your actions are based on your current job. Whatever job you change to, will be your job tomorrow.

• Options
    Are the private votes for another set of seer/guards, etc. or are they the same votes as the public vote?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    And village strategy wise, should we just go for unlock jobs early? I'm feeling like yes? But I am a builder at heart, in all games always.

It looks like the answer is yes. I'm trying to parse exactly how it's accomplished at the moment, but I think Guard and Seer-based unlocks are easier.

Re: private actions, now that I've read this over more closely - if fewer than 30% of the player-base can make the private vote in question, is there any allowance for that or are we just out of luck?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    LOCK BLADES TO THE DEATH, BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Rainfall

• Options

Rainfall

VICTORY AT SEA!

!Fiaryn

• Options

Rainfall

sharkvscrock.jpg

• Options
    Can public vote-derived attacks be guarded?

Do Knight guard-chains count for unlocks if the chained self-guards block attacks?

• Options
    Each day, you can vote to Attack, Guard or Seer players each night

Is that an exclusive or?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    As much as I want to day 1 Jdark for irrational hate last game, I can't help but feel that's counter-productive.

So let's go with rational hate instead.
    Phyphor

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Who gets the seer results?

Public seer results are found in the narration. Private seer results are given to those who helped make the private seer action succeed.

So if 9 squires all choose to seer me and they survive the night, only those 9 get to see the seer results for me.

Are the private votes for another set of seer/guards, etc. or are they the same votes as the public vote?

The private votes are separate from the public votes. Everybody has a private vote, along with the ability to vote for up to 3 different things in public.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Re: private actions, now that I've read this over more closely - if fewer than 30% of the player-base can make the private vote in question, is there any allowance for that or are we just out of luck?

You would be out of luck.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Can public vote-derived attacks be guarded?

Do Knight guard-chains count for unlocks if the chained self-guards block attacks?

The public vote simply places an attack on the players affected, this can be blocked with private guard actions.

For jobs that require an attack to actually be blocked, the knight's job ability will count towards that. However, when a knight activates his/her job skill, it does not count as a successful guard action.

When 5 knights team up to guard Ardor, they meet the 30% criteria to guard him from 1 attack that night. This counts as 1 successful guard action. If it blocks an attack, it also counts as 1 successful blocked attack using a guard action. It does not count as 6 successful guard actions.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Each day, you can vote to Attack, Guard or Seer players each night

Is that an exclusive or?

I apologize for the language, you may vote for all 3 of those options each day. I will update the language.

Ardor on
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Ok, than, Grunt's Ghosts, and discrider, respectively for Grosse point grudge and RNG.

That said, I'm searching for other 8 squires to decide a common seer target. Anyone interested could PM me.

• Options
    As a further announcement, I do not need to be included on all private messaging, nor do I need access to proboards.

You're all classy folks, I see no reason to be big brother to any of this. If you have questions, feel free to PM me or ask the clarification in the thread. If you have a clarification question that you do not want others to know you asked, PM me and let me know if you wish me to answer in the thread or not. I will not tie names to any clarification questions being asked to me in a PM.

• Options
    Are different private votes different (i.e. is the Knight Guard different from the Chemist Guard?)

Is the Squire seer a role seer or a job seer?