Options

Did You Know that your Titan can also be used as a [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    diplomatic victories in MOO2 are boring. I gotta crush you people, stop voting for me

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My not-snarky question is what type of game people were expecting The Order to be. I assumed first-person shooter.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My not-snarky question is what type of game people were expecting The Order to be. I assumed first-person shooter.

I didn't know the game existed until like, a day ago when the videos started coming out.

And I basically went "Whoah those graphics are gorgeous! Whoah, that setting could be neat! Ehhh, those mechanics... well let's hope they have more waiting."

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I had not given it much thought. I guess similar to lords of shadow but with guns and stuff?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Uncharted is successful because of the great characters and the insane spectacle of it

The Order has nothing that appeals to me so far, it just seems super dour

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Vanquish is sooo goood

Through Chip Cheezum's Revengeance LP I found out you could slide into a blade mode attack, and that reminded me of all the good times rocketsliding into slow mo in Vanquish

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Vanquish is one of my top 5 favourite games and I'll forever be sad that we probably won't be getting more of it.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it is also disappointing that that gameplay is set in suuuuper tight corridors

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    All I know about the Order is that the main guys' uniforms are heavily based on British WW1 and Napoleonic 95th Rifles. That is all that is required for me to want it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    it is also disappointing that that gameplay is set in suuuuper tight corridors

I wonder how much of that is so they could crank up the graphics?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Uncharted is successful because of the great characters and the insane spectacle of it

The Order has nothing that appeals to me so far, it just seems super dour
    I mean obviously it is just different tastes but I think the story and setting of The Order is really cool!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The Order looks like up my alley

Isnt there supernatural stuff as well?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Speed, I've been out of it a while.

What is it you're trying to do here with MGS?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    All I know about the Order is that the main guys' uniforms are heavily based on British WW1 and Napoleonic 95th Rifles. That is all that is required for me to want it.

Pffft rifles are for cowards.

Napoleon knew what was up. :P

• Options
    The Order looks like up my alley

Isnt there supernatural stuff as well?
    Yeah it is The Knights of the Round Table hunting monsters in plague ridden 1886 England

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I ''''liked'''' that the "pure gameplay" video had maybe 20 seconds of gameplay.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yup. That was totally why he conquered the world... Oh wait no he didn't.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yeah that setting is super interesting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yup. That was totally why he conquered the world... Oh wait no he didn't.

He had a pretty good go of it, though.

I mean, no one has managed to conquer the world... yet.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Get Big Boss rank on MGS1, and then on all the other games
    --
    Also maybe he has some kind of supernatural abilities or something, but it feels weird to me that some dude in the 1800s gets slow mo for his QTE fights

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

He is trying to do a Big Boss run of MGS1.

Chincy: Yeah the order has a cool setting. But from the setting description I want something that... I dunno, fuses a third person shooter and Monster Hunter or something. Not just a cover shooter. But we will have to wait for them to actually show more gameplay, methinks.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    he didn't conquer Russia.

because the Russians burned down Moscow..

• Options
    The 95th and 60th Rifles totally proved their worth in the war. Most of the time they were split up in small groups throughout the theatre, but the couple of times they fought in a whole battalion force, they just massacred the enemy while taking few to no casualties.

• Options
    Also maybe he has some kind of supernatural abilities or something, but it feels weird to me that some dude in the 1800s gets slow mo for his QTE fights

Any weirder than having regenerating health in most games?

Slow mo is basically video game short hand for being an elite soldier these days, it seems. I think the slow mo is essentially from the player's perspective, to show the characters great reflexes and decision making skills, not that time is actually slowing down magically or anything.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    just gonna

leave this here

http://flavourmachine.com/sesamefighter/

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    I ''''liked'''' that the "pure gameplay" video had maybe 20 seconds of gameplay.
    I counted a little over a minute, and everything was in-engine and showing how seamlessly it cuts from cutscenes to gameplay was likely a big focus

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The 95th and 60th Rifles totally proved their worth in the war. Most of the time they were split up in small groups throughout the theatre, but the couple of times they fought in a whole battalion force, they just massacred the enemy while taking few to no casualties.

I'm just ribbing you dude. Rifles had pros and cons, but used intelligently they did great work.

• Options
    you know

I would be okay with one of these "basically a movie" games having spelling as their gameplay

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I forgot. Did we use any rifled long guns commonly in war before ww1?

• Options

Get Big Boss rank on MGS1, and then on all the other games
    --
    How is that any different than Nathan Drake or Leon Kennedy or CoD dudes? Being in the present day doesn't give you slo mo powers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    yes it does

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I forgot. Did we use any rifled long guns commonly in war before ww1?

Yeah, they were established as the standard before ww1.

Once people solved the problems of the increased loading time with them they became standard, which was only an issue at all when the guns were muzzle loaded. Once breech loading was a thing pretty sure everything was rifled. No reason not to, really.

• Options
    W

What

OH GOD I HAVE MISSED OUT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Okay, found out something that makes Hawken less scummy

Every week they are rotating out 3 mechs for you to try. You cant customize them, but they work just as well as the rest

So its basically using the LoL model

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    i used a civil war replica that was a muzzle loader.

it didn't even have a forward sight.

• Options
    i get it's there "because videogames", it just seemed especially out of place given the setting, heightened realism of the graphics, and minimal HUD (and the guy takes his sweet time pressing triangle)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    what if instead of pressing triangle

you had to type in BURST

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    If Leon Kennedy had slow mo powers I wouldn't have failed that goddamn QTE so many times.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    @-Tal I am 100% on board with that idea.

This discussion has been closed.