As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, what's a poke-ee-crawl?

TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
edited February 2014 in PAX East
My friend Cassie (who shall remain unnamed) really wants to do the pokecrawl this year at PAX 2014. Alas, I'm not sure what that entails. I imagine some drinking and notoriously cute little monster things are involved.

Alas, official details seem surprisingly sparse on these forums at the moment. Is there something obvious I'm missing? If anybody knows about this so-called pokecrawl event, please explain everything about it excruciating detail.

Thanks!

Tripleozero on

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Pokecrawl is an annual barcrawl/scavenger hunt that's Pokemon themed. Details for 2014's Pokecrawl have yet to be posted.

However, if you want to get a better idea of what it is, check out last year's thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/175964/pokecrawl-episode-4-the-power-of-one

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    removed b/c pelicanflip beat me to it :P

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    So, it's basically a Pokemon-themed competitive, multistop, team-vs-team drinking challenge?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    It's more fun than competitive though, it's a lot of fun.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    From what I have read it's basically a time to get a lot of alchol in your system meet some good people do some stupid stuff but in a fun way and make your team win lol.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    You go to maybe 4-5ish bars. Each bar has a challenge that you do with half of another team that shows up. You don't "beat" them at challenges. You just drink whatever is specified for the most part.

People get dressed up or theme their clothes after whatever team they are on. We drink. Meet new people. And just have an overall great time. Plus, we typically auction off stuff to raise money for Child's Play.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    It's a jolly good time. It's an organized pub crawl where you meet new people, have a blast, raises a few glasses and start PAX on a high note (and probably a hangover the next day, but hey, omllettes and eggs, y'know).

Not everyone is in costume (in fact, most are not), for the record- -my friends and I usually just don shirts of the appropriate team colour (Red, blue, green or yellow).

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Sounds fun but sadly the drinking events are the part of the PAX experience I will unfortunately miss out on ... (travelling with a minor) ... I will try to refrain from being loud next day day out of respect to the hung over ... :D

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    My liver is still recovering from last year's Pokecrawl

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
  • Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Sounds like fun, too bad pax is before my 21st. There is always next year.

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    I, too, am pumped for the Pokecrawl! I will say, however, with proper water to alcohol consumption ratio and knowing yourself, it isn't designed to completely wreck people. I woke up a bit dehydrated the next day for PAX once of my two crawls, but never fully blown hung over.

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    Sounds fun but sadly the drinking events are the part of the PAX experience I will unfortunately miss out on ... (travelling with a minor) ... I will try to refrain from being loud next day day out of respect to the hung over ... :D

You will get plenty of the PAX experience....I've gone for the past two years without a drop of booze....this year might be different since I will be in the city....I might have to part take in this pokecrawl...not sure yet...but sounds like a lot of fun!

• Options
    So, I guess this is the unofficial pokecrawl thread now? :)

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SilcrisSilcris Registered User regular
    Who is usually in charge of this? Is it still happening?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2014
    @Atlus Parker is in charge of this, as far as I know it will still be happening. He usually posts when there's about one month left until PAX.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    @Atlus Parker is in charge of this, as far as I know it will still be happening. He usually posts when there's about one month left until PAX.

I stalk these forums daily waiting for him to post it lol. Between community events and badges/hotels its a wonder i dont need a new F5 key.

• Options
    JamersJamers Registered User regular
    EchoZero wrote: »
    I stalk these forums daily waiting for him to post it lol. Between community events and badges/hotels its a wonder i dont need a new F5 key.

THIS!

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    I, for one, vote for a Twitch Plays Pokemon themed Crawl this year. Praise Bird Jesus.

• Options
    RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    What Would Omanyte Drink?

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • Options
    ShackleboltShacklebolt Registered User regular
    It's National Delibird Day. The same day that Pokecrawl tickets went on sale last year. I've been secretly hoping Atlus would show up this day and officially announce this year's crawl. Is it to be? The day is young yet.

• Options

Perhaps my no-so-secret intention in asking the obvious questions was to get the thread going...

Naaaaaaaaah.

• Options
    edited February 2014

Perhaps my no-so-secret intention in asking the obvious questions was to get the thread going...

Naaaaaaaaah.

What a tweeeeeest!

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    BUBBApaxBUBBApax iLLusionist Boston MARegistered User regular
    Cant wait to chug some hyper potions lol

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    For the record: Last year's volunteers haven't been contacted yet, so Atlus is probably just not ready.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I bet this Atlas character is watching this thread and cackling maniacally.

• Options
    I bet it's all a ploy. This whole 'Atlas' persona is just a sham and he's going to reveal himself as some power-hungry gangster at any moment.

• Options
    Can somebody call him :( he hasn't been active since december.

• Options
    Silcris wrote: »
    Can somebody call him :( he hasn't been active since december.
    This is a joke please don't call him. (Maybe...)

• Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    At this point with no word about it I'd just think its not gonna happen.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well we're still not within the timeframe away from pax that it was posted last year.

• Options
    Last year it was also definitely being worked on this year atlus has been mia for a long time now. ::shrug:: im hoping I'm wrong though, maybe him or arson is working on it secretly, but you'd think the "professors" would know at least, who knows though.

• Options
    I hope it will happen that was one of the main things I was looking foward to

• Options
    Atlus is prone to disappear until needed and really this is not something that takes months of preparation: if he spoke to any of the bars now they'd tell him to call back, most volunteers are in place or can be procured in days, this isn't a huge undertaking.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    The official pokecrawl thread went up about 2 weeks before PAX last year. Atlus did check in like 6 weeks ahead of time last year though. Eh, no biggie... I'm thinking we should see some stuff around April Fools. (Although this is driving the crazy plan-ahead mind of mine crazy)

• Options
    See that seems like such a short time to put all this together but ok lol

• Options
    The part that worries me is there are already bar crawls in that area planned for that night. Oh well I'll be out drinking either way =)

• Options
    They're planned in a different area. This crawl happens around Faneuil hall.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Well I know theres at least one thats happening around Faneuil that night which has I believe 2 of the same bars from last year. Im not talking about the one in the party thread, our fine city tends to have a few pub crawls going on, theres actually a ninja turtles on in april I should go to.

• Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    This is probably the outside of BCEC thing that I am the most excited for!!

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    The Fanueil Hall area can handle quite a few bar crawls at a time, I wouldn't worry about crowding

This discussion has been closed.