Options

Etc. Bears and Bespoke, A Thread of Fashion

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Marketing is making us have work photos tomorrow

This time they didn't tell us that we have to wear a black suit. (I don't have a black suit, I was told to wear grey)

Time to bust out the new brown suit.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I have a new secret suit that hasn't been finished yet otherwise I'd totally wear that.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have a new secret suit that hasn't been finished yet otherwise I'd totally wear that.

matthew%20%20lesko-standing.gif

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I wont say that isn't wrong.

Blake T on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    his secret suit is really

uh

bright

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Like The Mask's suit I hope.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Hey there fashion thread.

Todays outfit:
    12925284473_1702dc27b8_c.jpg
    I unashamedly love my hat.
    Oh my goodness

I want all of this

Every piece

I love the hat

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I had a crappy morning (I'm a CASA volunteer and a hearing did not go well) so I went to Starbucks even though I can't really afford a coffeehouse habit. The barista said she loved my outfit so that cheered me up a bit!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So I made it onto that fashion blog
    I don't actually like any of the photos because the angles are weird and I have super awkward legs but I guess you guys can take a look

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Is that just a chevron design or is that like a sneaky Nightwing shirt?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's Hawkeye

I3hRA5G.jpg

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Possibly the first time ever that a super hero has in fact been featured on a fashion blog.

Any appearances of Tony Stark outside his Iron Man suit don't count.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    america chavez begs to differ

american apparel did a "how to dress like miss america from young avengers" post

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So I made it onto that fashion blog
    I don't actually like any of the photos because the angles are weird and I have super awkward legs but I guess you guys can take a look

Makes your chest look good. Suitably super.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have nothing to say against those legs

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Oh, hey, I recognize where that was taken!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Oh, hey, I recognize where that was taken!

IOF4fps.png

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I'm trying really hard to find an occasion to wear my Dayman suit again
    but people like to yell at me and get in fights when they see me having a smoke drunk as a lord wearing a bright yellow suit
    and i dont want to ruin it

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Has this been posted yet already?
    1EhJyHA.jpg

That's Erika Linder in a new campaign.

Like, both of them. They're both Erika Linder.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Where have you been, Fishman?

We are all Erika Linder now.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Well, I guess that's better than that time we were all Hugo Weaving.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    is it strange that my first thought upon looking at that photo was about the movie Cry Baby?

• Options
    is it strange that my first thought upon looking at that photo was about the movie Cry Baby?

Right there with ya

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i got some fresh new kickz yesterday!

3hYxEQCl.jpg

real comfy and i got a zappos VIP membership out of it woop

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    They say to dress for the job you want
    so I really wanted an outfit that says
    "I own your bank. I own your bank's bank."
    2cdiuc4.jpg

maybe it just says "I will attempt to defraud your bank"

Tam on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    well done

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Has this been posted yet already?
    1EhJyHA.jpg

That's Erika Linder in a new campaign.

Like, both of them. They're both Erika Linder.

Why is that Edward Furlong?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    2cdiuc4.jpg

yes

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    @Tam

That is the gangsta-mutha-fucka-face that Clooney wishes he had to make Ocean's Fourteen.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, first time posting in this thread, looking for some guidance.

I'm buying clothes for grad/ post grad life (I guess... real life). I've been looking for something that's casual/ semi- casual in terms of a sport coat/ blazer. Basically, something that I can wear at work (nothing too formal... honestly many people I have worked with don't event wear jackets or ties, just slacks) but also when I go out for fun. Key to this is that it must be for hot weather, something really light.

One issue I keep running into is grey versus navy blue. I totally understand why navy blue is the go to for something like this. But it seems so... bland to me. I really like the idea of a nice grey sport coat or blazer, but I keep reading and hearing that its too hard to pull off. I would pair it with chinos in stone and jet blue. As well these shoes with a belt of the same base color.

Am I nuts to go with a grey sport coat or blazer? Any recommendations. Not sure if you guys need more info, so let me know!

Edit: Here is what I had in mind in terms of a grey sport coat: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Milano-Fit-Melange-Sport-Coat/MM00232,default,pd.html?dwvar_MM00232_Color=GREY&contentpos=2&cgid=0217

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    2cdiuc4.jpg

Anyone else reminded of Joe Pesci in Goodfellas?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Hey guys, first time posting in this thread, looking for some guidance.

I'm buying clothes for grad/ post grad life (I guess... real life). I've been looking for something that's casual/ semi- casual in terms of a sport coat/ blazer. Basically, something that I can wear at work (nothing too formal... honestly many people I have worked with don't event wear jackets or ties, just slacks) but also when I go out for fun. Key to this is that it must be for hot weather, something really light.

One issue I keep running into is grey versus navy blue. I totally understand why navy blue is the go to for something like this. But it seems so... bland to me. I really like the idea of a nice grey sport coat or blazer, but I keep reading and hearing that its too hard to pull off. I would pair it with chinos in stone and jet blue. As well these shoes with a belt of the same base color.

Am I nuts to go with a grey sport coat or blazer? Any recommendations. Not sure if you guys need more info, so let me know!

Edit: Here is what I had in mind in terms of a grey sport coat: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Milano-Fit-Melange-Sport-Coat/MM00232,default,pd.html?dwvar_MM00232_Color=GREY&contentpos=2&cgid=0217

I have a jacket I bought from Target (Aus) about .. geez, nearly 10 years ago? It's lightweight, has button flaps on the pockets so will hold stuff when it's being carried rather than worn, and straddles that line between making a shirt and slacks approachably casual while dressing up a t-shirt over jeans. It's great. It's (rather faded now) brown with some fine pin striping. It's also able to be rolled up and shoved into a bag and still look fine when taken out.

• Options
    There isn't anything wrong with a sports coat that is grey (nor is there anything wrong with one that is blue) grey works if you wear predominantly lighter colours for pants otherwise it looks mis balanced with too much attention going to your pants. Navy blue jackets work well for this reason. Being a darker colour it drags your line of sight back up your head.

If you want to go casual if find a linen/cotton blend jacket with no interior canvassing (and no interior lining if you can find it, but not necessary). It will crumple as it's linen but it definitely won't dress you up too much.

• Options
    What if you like drawing the eye to your pants

And the custom-installed JunkWindow™ therewithin

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    So I still really like my hair
    2jb05k6.jpg

And on my wife's birthday I went out wearing women's clothing that wasn't, like, jeans and a t-shirt that I covered with a ginormous hoody that makes me look like a shapeless shambling beast.

Warning silly pose ahoy
    16713ec.jpg

• Options
    Guys, I think I might be falling for this waistcoat.

Second attempt at styling with another new shirt:
    12943178065_efa396e0b0_c.jpg

Shirt's not actually grey, it's black with fine white striping, but this brand seems to manage my slim torso+broad shoulders really well. That's the 4th shirt I've bought from their location-closing-down-sale in the past 2 weeks.

Also, apparently I only have one pose.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Oh look at mister handsome model over here with his fancy remote shutter.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    been a while fashion thread, how are you

here's some drunk selfies
    1922150_10152297832004664_536993222_n.jpg
    1743683_10152297831964664_1929518364_n.jpg
    i'm cute as a motherfucker

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Misc you are super awesome but you should also know that I agree entirely with your post.

Super, super cute.

This discussion has been closed.