Options

Tiny [chat] is dreaming

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    the japanese have exacted their revengence for the dishonor of losing ww2 by giving us animes

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    This is counter intuitive

people who play pokemon don't have friends

but..how...how will i catch them all

Everyone knows that trading pokemon is the deepest sign of intimacy one gamer can express to another

AND I, HAKKES, GIVE YOU MY HEART, MY SOUL, AND THIS HIGH LEVEL UMBRION, WHICH REFLECTS MY DEVOTION AND MY FONDNESS FOR DARK TYPE POKEMON

gave that bitch a vaporeon

bitches love vaporeons?

Bitches love Ninetails goddammit

Ninetails was my spirit pokemon at 7 years old

Psyduck is mine.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Wow, mimic seems kinda OP

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My erections can only be summoned through dark, twisted, unholy rituals

This has been an update re: my penis

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    At a restaurant. The kid at the table across from me was given autonomy over the pepper grinder, and now has a pizza with more pepper than sauce.

This should be interesting.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Watching Eurosport's cycling coverage is confusing because I'm not used to the commentators

One of them makes a decent fist of pronouncing names that rely on specific language quirks, and the other has a dour Irish monotone and doesn't even attempt native pronunciation

It just took me a few minutes to realise that when one says Jose Joaquin Rojas (Ho-say Yock-een Ro-has) and the other says "Josie Rogers" they're talking about the same person

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    At a restaurant. The kid at the table across from me was given autonomy over the pepper grinder, and now has a pizza with more pepper than sauce.

black or red?

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Ell, there are a lot of counterfactuals that annoy me but the idea that the war is prevented with a stronger Prime Minister (like say Churchill) just drives me up the fucking wall.

Which war?

WW2: Europe's Bogus Journey.

Hmm, I've been thinking about that lately. The way I see it, Chamberlain, who took (takes?) so much of the blame did almost everything right, keeping the lead-up to of WWI in mind.

Now, in hindsight that didn't work out, but I hardly can blame him for that.

Eh, he could have done a better job with the military build up and so forth. But wars happen due to complex social and political trends, not the actions of individual leaders. This tends to be one of the last bastions of Great Man Theory taught as history.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

It is...but that's why it takes 9999 EXP to get from level 13 to level 14 for a Freelancer rather than the regular 5000

But if you Growth Egg + JP Up and grind on Auto just outside Florem Gardens with your eyes closed it doesn't take too long to reach

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »

pretty much that, yeah.

I recognize that in the past I've done the "Ew! {Subculture I don't like}! Gross!" thing and I still do it occasionally. I'm trying to do it less, or at least couch it in more neutral language. "I don't care for {X}" rather than "fucking {X}ies." I'm human, I don't walk on water (mostly).

so here is something i'm kind of interested in:

you and i have been here a long time. you're not quite as old as i am, but still relatively old.

has your perspective towards subcultures generally or nerdy subcultures specifically shifted at all over the time you've spent here?

mine have really pretty dramatically. i'm not really sure if it's a function of just getting older or something else in my life or having to occasionally moderate some kind of problematic subcultures full of really poorly-socialized, resentful young people, or just something in my character.

it kind of seems like a few other of our older members have kind of drifted in this vague direction over time, but you seem to have kind of a distinct perspective.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

It is...but that's why it takes 9999 EXP to get from level 13 to level 14 for a Freelancer rather than the regular 5000

But if you Growth Egg + JP Up and grind on Auto just outside Florem Gardens with your eyes closed it doesn't take too long to reach

no hakkekage noooooooooooooooooooooo

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    dudes I know I talk a lot about comedy tv but SERIOUSLY Kroll show has gotten incredible.

what started in the first season as one of the regular skits, a pet plastic surgeon, has evolved to being a court case where he's accused of killing his 2nd wife.

each week of the first season this one character has evolved across various reality shows. so first he's a pet surgeon. then it's him at home. then he and his wife are on the outs so it's about his kid being the man of the house. then it's about the kid's best friend. then the kid's best friend breaks off and gets his own show and the doctor comes back with a new wife and it's the same as the earlier show but the location is different.

so now in season 2 the kid's friend is on 'dad academy' because he got the pet surgeon's publicist pregnant (who is a character on another recurring skit, publizity) and dr armond (the pet surgeon) is in court.

and this episode opened with a newscast that was super rapid (called "can I finish?") talking to all these interconnected characters and their input on the case.

I always respected Mr. Show a little above most other sketch shows because all the skits were connected. sometimes it'd be in a minor way, sometimes grander, but they always invested that extra effort.

now, goddamn. Kroll has character spanning in depth story lines, all interacting, crossing over shows in this imaginary world all while being incredibly fucking funny. talk about investment. there are other shows that make me laugh a lot but I think I have to call this the best right now. just so impressive.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I sometimes have boners I'd rather not have but I wouldn't call them random

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjEkgCBMJ0Y

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2014
    Gooey wrote: »
    the japanese have exacted their revengence for the dishonor of losing ww2 by giving us animes

operation gundam

imperial japan's doomsday machine

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

You shut your whore mouth Gooey

I will walk softly into that good night

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I can immediately kill my boner by thinking about a dps rotation from world of warcraft

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ell, there are a lot of counterfactuals that annoy me but the idea that the war is prevented with a stronger Prime Minister (like say Churchill) just drives me up the fucking wall.

Which war?

Hmm, I've been thinking about that lately. The way I see it, Chamberlain, who took (takes?) so much of the blame did almost everything right, keeping the lead-up to of WWI in mind.

Eh, he could have done a better job with the military build up and so forth. But wars happen due to complex social and political trends, not the actions of individual leaders. This tends to be one of the last bastions of Great Man Theory taught as history.

Thank god most IR folks don't do great man theory on this anymore.

WWII is a lovely mix of realist theory plus constructivism plus legalism and norms now. Which makes sense.

Individual events like say Malta or similar high level conferences tend to fall under elite theory but again, that is more of a look at the head of a special interest than individuals though they do get looked at for outcomes.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    dudes I know I talk a lot about comedy tv but SERIOUSLY Kroll show has gotten incredible.

what started in the first season as one of the regular skits, a pet plastic surgeon, has evolved to being a court case where he's accused of killing his 2nd wife.

each week of the first season this one character has evolved across various reality shows. so first he's a pet surgeon. then it's him at home. then he and his wife are on the outs so it's about his kid being the man of the house. then it's about the kid's best friend. then the kid's best friend breaks off and gets his own show and the doctor comes back with a new wife and it's the same as the earlier show but the location is different.

so now in season 2 the kid's friend is on 'dad academy' because he got the pet surgeon's publicist pregnant (who is a character on another recurring skit, publizity) and dr armond (the pet surgeon) is in court.

and this episode opened with a newscast that was super rapid (called "can I finish?") talking to all these interconnected characters and their input on the case.

I always respected Mr. Show a little above most other sketch shows because all the skits were connected. sometimes it'd be in a minor way, sometimes grander, but they always invested that extra effort.

now, goddamn. Kroll has character spanning in depth story lines, all interacting, crossing over shows in this imaginary world all while being incredibly fucking funny. talk about investment. there are other shows that make me laugh a lot but I think I have to call this the best right now. just so impressive.

Are the Guido characters still on it

I now declare shots is my fav line

Or "its based off our names"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I can immediately kill my boner by thinking about a dps rotation from world of warcraft

Never had your lady distract you while playing an MMO?

This use to happen to me in DAoC with my gf at the time. Usually while I was tanking.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Craving for garlicbread.

• Options
    So, anybody have any idea why my system's DNS cache would be retarded.

I pinged a machine, dns info was wrong, ran ipconfig /flushdns and pinged again and it went to the right IP

about an hour later it switched back to the wrong IP, i ran flushdns and it's working properly again, but I don't know why it would reset again to the wrong IP.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

black or red?

Black. He still hasn't taken a bite.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

There is literally not a thing I can think of that will kill one of my random boners.

Nothing but time.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Which war?

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyessssssss <3<3<3<3<3

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

You shut your whore mouth Gooey

I will walk softly into that good night

it's not too late

it's not too late

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

There is literally not a thing I can think of that will kill one of my random boners.

Nothing but time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    I sometimes have boners I'd rather not have but I wouldn't call them random

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjEkgCBMJ0Y

TB's laugh is so genuine

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Which war?

WWII is a lovely mix of realist theory plus constructivism plus legalism and norms now. Which makes sense.

Individual events like say Malta or similar high level conferences tend to fall under elite theory but again, that is more of a look at the head of a special interest than individuals though they do get looked at for outcomes.

It doesn't happen among the Mil History types* either. The place where I tend to see it the most is in History taught at the K-12 level where it's loved because it makes for easy narratives.

*You see it sometimes when talking about Battles but it works on a tactical level because the scope is so much smaller.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    going through this cs101 class makes me want to get an arduino thingie and program a little robot or summat

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

This use to happen to me in DAoC with my gf at the time. Usually while I was tanking.

heavy mmo playtime hasn't really coincided with any of my relationships

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I totally just resubbed to DAoC.

No boners yet.

But it's been surprisingly fun this time through.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    So, anybody have any idea why my system's DNS cache would be retarded.

I pinged a machine, dns info was wrong, ran ipconfig /flushdns and pinged again and it went to the right IP

about an hour later it switched back to the wrong IP, i ran flushdns and it's working properly again, but I don't know why it would reset again to the wrong IP.

Do several "nslookup <ip>"s and see if any of them return the wrong address. Maybe there's more than one A record for that address on the DNS server and it's round-robin'ing you a bad one?

• Options

Heh, mine was my healer then. I was more likely to distract her, and hearing her get flustered was always amusing.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

Are the Guido characters still on it

I now declare shots is my fav line

Or "its based off our names"

yeah! bobby bottleservice. he is always on different shows, recently was Gigolo House. in last night's he did like a r&b half music video half short film.

by the power of this vest on me... shots! that was bobby bottleservice full service wedding service. the other dude is peter paparazzo.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Fedex is making my job harder than it needs to be. We have a security team, have one of them sign it. They don't do shit all day.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Which war?

Individuals can still impart a lot of flavor, and can generally affect important outcomes if their positions within the social/political decision making process allow them such (generally absolute monarchs, dictators and presidents)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    going through this cs101 class makes me want to get an arduino thingie and program a little robot or summat

you can get arduino's at radioshack bro, it's almost certainly gonna be pricier than you can find online, and you'd probably be better getting a more specific kit you think would be fun.

It's kinda neat that you can find them in brick & mortar stores though, I got one for a bro as a last minute graduation present.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Feral wrote: »

pretty much that, yeah.

I recognize that in the past I've done the "Ew! {Subculture I don't like}! Gross!" thing and I still do it occasionally. I'm trying to do it less, or at least couch it in more neutral language. "I don't care for {X}" rather than "fucking {X}ies." I'm human, I don't walk on water (mostly).

so here is something i'm kind of interested in:

you and i have been here a long time. you're not quite as old as i am, but still relatively old.

has your perspective towards subcultures generally or nerdy subcultures specifically shifted at all over the time you've spent here?

mine have really pretty dramatically. i'm not really sure if it's a function of just getting older or something else in my life or having to occasionally moderate some kind of problematic subcultures full of really poorly-socialized, resentful young people, or just something in my character.

it kind of seems like a few other of our older members have kind of drifted in this vague direction over time, but you seem to have kind of a distinct perspective.

My time here has made me want to be less judgmental

What is gained by me raging about or tsk tsk pitying people I see at pax who are into different stuff than me? How the hell am I am expert on which of those people are going to be successful? I can't possibly know what problems or successes they have going on. It feels pretty lame to feel sorry for them because they are "other ".

The board is a place where I've met all sorts of people into all kinds of stuff and I would have missed out on a shit ton of fun if I'd made assumptions about nerds and subcultures.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Oh my god I'm seeing Jan Brewer's name get floated around as an alternative to Hillary Clinton.

I think my brain just up and shot itself.

phrasing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

don't tag dk, he will literally jizz

This discussion has been closed.