As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

17576788081101

Posts

  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    skippy you could literally buy any chair in the world and it would be better

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    desc
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    It's not that she hates jewelry, but that she only usually likes aesthetically standout instances of it, which is true in almost every context any ways.

    Makes sense. I dated a girl a few years ago who legitimately hated jewelry. But she was kind of a serious 'abolish the wage system' type of communist.

    She didn't march or shout or anything (she was actually really shy and quiet) but she thought conspicuous consumption was dumb.

    it is

    also i am an abolish the wage system type communist (aka just a communist)

    LoserForHireX
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I got a chair for like $60 from staples on sale it's reasonably comfortable and has back support

  • DynagripDynagrip Destroy Everything You Touch HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Variable wrote: »
    skippy you should get one of those standing up desks

    sitting is the new smoking I heard fyi hth
    I really really want one of those. Wish I had my own office

  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    First post is about trying out his Google Glasses.

    Discard your envy

    He is a monster

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy this looks like back pain central. You should fix that.

    I am TRYING but SLOTH is the only one with ADVICE and he's telling me to sit on MY BALLS and I'm not gonna do that or spend NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a fancy chair

    Go try chairs out at like office depot or a furniture store. An okay one will be like 100 to 200 bucks.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    So new gym that's like 3 blocks from my house

    kinda spendy ($70 a month after taxes etc.)

    doesn't have the equipment I want (boxing / wrestlin' stuff, so most gyms don't have it)

    but it is super clean and has really nice facilities and new machines and fucking 19 inch tablets attached to basically everything and free wifi

    and its 3 blocks from my house

    so overall lookin' forward to it, opens in about a week

    time to unsoft myself.

    i have a smelly shit gym that is in a basement and full of meatheads and is too hot and has a low ceiling

    but it's cheap and only a block away

    so i am not losing that much money when i refuse to go to it

    Wqdwp8l.png
    BobbleTehSloth
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy this looks like back pain central. You should fix that.

    I am TRYING but SLOTH is the only one with ADVICE and he's telling me to sit on MY BALLS and I'm not gonna do that or spend NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a fancy chair

    Go try chairs out at like office depot or a furniture store. An okay one will be like 100 to 200 bucks.

    I just did that they all seemed meh

  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

    rRwz9.gif
    ChanusIrond WillskippydumptruckMazzyxDeebaseroverride367FeralThomamelasjakobaggerGooeyDread Pirate ArbuthnotsurrealitycheckSo It Goes
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    ChanusInfamyDeferred
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    when i turned 16 i played dungeons and dragons with a big group of my nerd friends

    actually i don't even think it was dungeons and dragons it was rolemaster or something

    and actually i think there were too many people - maybe 10 - and we never actually got to playing

    so
    i remember this story

    dragonmaster billy

    Dynagrip
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    skippy you could literally buy any chair in the world and it would be better

    the skuppy way is to become too dejected at not being able to afford the finest chair in the world so therefore will just stick with the chair he swiped from an elementary school assembly

    Wqdwp8l.png
    ChanusMazzyxVanguardJacobkoshoverride367
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So new gym that's like 3 blocks from my house

    kinda spendy ($70 a month after taxes etc.)

    doesn't have the equipment I want (boxing / wrestlin' stuff, so most gyms don't have it)

    but it is super clean and has really nice facilities and new machines and fucking 19 inch tablets attached to basically everything and free wifi

    and its 3 blocks from my house

    so overall lookin' forward to it, opens in about a week

    time to unsoft myself.

    i have a smelly shit gym that is in a basement and full of meatheads and is too hot and has a low ceiling

    but it's cheap and only a block away

    so i am not losing that much money when i refuse to go to it

    I have a clean basement gym that's a few blocks from the office and only $50 with the corp discount.
    I would GLADLY pay an additional $20 for wifi/tablet

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy this looks like back pain central. You should fix that.

    I am TRYING but SLOTH is the only one with ADVICE and he's telling me to sit on MY BALLS and I'm not gonna do that or spend NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a fancy chair

    Go try chairs out at like office depot or a furniture store. An okay one will be like 100 to 200 bucks.

    I just did that they all seemed meh

    Better than that thing!

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy this looks like back pain central. You should fix that.

    I am TRYING but SLOTH is the only one with ADVICE and he's telling me to sit on MY BALLS and I'm not gonna do that or spend NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a fancy chair

    you should be able to find a local aeron, maybe lightly used for like $600

    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • DynagripDynagrip Destroy Everything You Touch HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Old family ring with a huge sapphire sounds awesome to me, assuming said family is not totally fucking insane.

    Half and half. Her dad loathes me, her mom likes me.

    y does her father hate on u

    is he just a hater

    Dude, how did you miss this story? Lets see the reasons he hates me:

    1. I grew up poor. Not quite white trash but poor.
    2. My politics.
    3. My sexual orientation.
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind.
    5. That I'm a Yankee.
    6. That I've been married once already.
    7. That I'm taller then him.*

    *This is conjecture. But he's short so I think we can safely assume it.

    Throw him into a bullpen during the rodeo.

    He doesn't live in Houston thankfully.

    Ah, he sounds super WASPy

  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    It's not that she hates jewelry, but that she only usually likes aesthetically standout instances of it, which is true in almost every context any ways.

    Makes sense. I dated a girl a few years ago who legitimately hated jewelry. But she was kind of a serious 'abolish the wage system' type of communist.

    She didn't march or shout or anything (she was actually really shy and quiet) but she thought conspicuous consumption was dumb.

    it is

    also i am an abolish the wage system type communist (aka just a communist)

    Do you know much about economics?

    Because I've been told that Labor Theory is pretty shit wrong, but it wasn't sufficiently explained to me why.

    I need someone to learn me a thing.

    Because I'm pretty attracted to some traditional marxist stuff, but it's mixed up with economics that look right, but I don't know much about economics.

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

    how well can you read stuff that isn't digital?

    like books/comic books/etc

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So new gym that's like 3 blocks from my house

    kinda spendy ($70 a month after taxes etc.)

    doesn't have the equipment I want (boxing / wrestlin' stuff, so most gyms don't have it)

    but it is super clean and has really nice facilities and new machines and fucking 19 inch tablets attached to basically everything and free wifi

    and its 3 blocks from my house

    so overall lookin' forward to it, opens in about a week

    time to unsoft myself.

    i have a smelly shit gym that is in a basement and full of meatheads and is too hot and has a low ceiling

    but it's cheap and only a block away

    so i am not losing that much money when i refuse to go to it

    yeah, my apartment has a crappy gym and I only had to pay $20 for a key so my laziness is only killing me not my wallet.

    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    when i turned 16 i played dungeons and dragons with a big group of my nerd friends

    actually i don't even think it was dungeons and dragons it was rolemaster or something

    and actually i think there were too many people - maybe 10 - and we never actually got to playing

    so
    i remember this story

    dragonmaster billy

    how did u remember this?

    my mom tells this story to my girlfriends. like i will say that i have not played dungeons and dragons since i was a kid

    (totally true)

    and she will say to my girlfriend

    "no i remember you having all those little boys over to play dragons!"

    and then to the girlfriend as a hushed aside:

    "billy was the dragonmaster"

    Wqdwp8l.png
    TehSlothskippydumptruckVanguardMazzyxDeebaserBogartJacobkoshFeralsurrealitycheckYoshisummonswandering
  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    i need to start doing exercise things again

    he said for the thousandth time

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    TehSloth
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So new gym that's like 3 blocks from my house

    kinda spendy ($70 a month after taxes etc.)

    doesn't have the equipment I want (boxing / wrestlin' stuff, so most gyms don't have it)

    but it is super clean and has really nice facilities and new machines and fucking 19 inch tablets attached to basically everything and free wifi

    and its 3 blocks from my house

    so overall lookin' forward to it, opens in about a week

    time to unsoft myself.

    i have a smelly shit gym that is in a basement and full of meatheads and is too hot and has a low ceiling

    but it's cheap and only a block away

    so i am not losing that much money when i refuse to go to it

    My favorite gym ever

    was a little hole-in-the-wall place, run by a gigantic bodybuilder named "Osiris," he basically built a private basement gym for himself and then rented it out to some other people

    it was cheap ($40 a month) and the owner NEVER tried to upsell anyone on anything, it had two bathrooms with showers, it had lockers, and it had a shitload of weights for real workouts because the owner was a legit competitive bodybuilder and purchased a bunch of free weights and racks instead of fancy futuristic treadmill bullshit for half hour power walks.

    The best part is when I ended my membership because I was moving out of the area

    I just sent him an e-mail and said "Liked the gym, moving away, lemme know if you need anything else"

    nope

    no "come in sign 8 forms let us try to argue with you about whether you're allowed to cancel"

    just an e-mail and "thanks for being a customer."

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Irond Will
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    terrible.jpg

    worst-chair.jpg

    18gjrlalct7otjpg.jpg

    PencilChair.jpg

    skippy get one of these

    override367skippydumptruck
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    It's not that she hates jewelry, but that she only usually likes aesthetically standout instances of it, which is true in almost every context any ways.

    Makes sense. I dated a girl a few years ago who legitimately hated jewelry. But she was kind of a serious 'abolish the wage system' type of communist.

    She didn't march or shout or anything (she was actually really shy and quiet) but she thought conspicuous consumption was dumb.

    it is

    also i am an abolish the wage system type communist (aka just a communist)

    Do you know much about economics?

    Because I've been told that Labor Theory is pretty shit wrong, but it wasn't sufficiently explained to me why.

    I need someone to learn me a thing.

    Because I'm pretty attracted to some traditional marxist stuff, but it's mixed up with economics that look right, but I don't know much about economics.

    @‌ronya

    Econodog go!

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    nobody could do dragons like my billy

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    VanguardDeebaser
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Amazon order:

    - beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

    I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

    rRwz9.gif
    ElendilTehSlothChanusDeebaserBogartsurrealitycheck
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Old family ring with a huge sapphire sounds awesome to me, assuming said family is not totally fucking insane.

    Half and half. Her dad loathes me, her mom likes me.

    y does her father hate on u

    is he just a hater

    Dude, how did you miss this story? Lets see the reasons he hates me:

    1. I grew up poor. Not quite white trash but poor.
    2. My politics.
    3. My sexual orientation.
    4. That I was raised Catholic which I didn't think was a thing any more but apparently it still is in his mind.
    5. That I'm a Yankee.
    6. That I've been married once already.
    7. That I'm taller then him.*

    *This is conjecture. But he's short so I think we can safely assume it.

    Throw him into a bullpen during the rodeo.

    He doesn't live in Houston thankfully.

    Ah, he sounds super WASPy

    If you think old rich southern WASP sure. Not so much the New York/Boston style WASP.

  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I have a free gym at work. Doing a better job lately of realizing how little excuse I have for missing a workout.

  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Amazon order:

    - beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

    I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

    are you getting it delivered from an organic delivery guy that rides a shade grown fixie that was made in amaerica

  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

    how well can you read stuff that isn't digital?

    like books/comic books/etc

    I haven't tried yet. I imagine it has to help somewhat. Although I'll still be slow cuz I have to do all my scanning with one eye.

    rRwz9.gif
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Amazon order:

    - beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

    I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

    are you getting it delivered from an organic delivery guy that rides a shade grown fixie that was made in amaerica

    I'm no expert on the lingo, but would that be a free range delivery guy?

  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Amazon order:

    - beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

    I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

    Good luck with the face stuff.

    That shit was never all that useful for me. Wouldn't keep things under control or was just too fucking hard to get out once it was in.

    I just ended up trimming my beard back enough that it doesn't get too crazy.

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what is beard oil

    should i be using beard oil

    will using beard oil bring in the ladies

    surrealitycheck
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

    can you see this?

    gooey rules

    919UOwT.png
    surrealitycheckJacobkosh
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Amazon order:

    - beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

    I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

    i have all four of these things

    medicine man beard oil. it smells like a 2x4

    lots of moustache wax but villain is the best

    i forget what kind of vacuum sealer. it's the kind you pump out with a tube

    cheese knives came with like this serving block thing

    u are doing well for yourself, jake

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

    how well can you read stuff that isn't digital?

    like books/comic books/etc

    I haven't tried yet. I imagine it has to help somewhat. Although I'll still be slow cuz I have to do all my scanning with one eye.

    I hope it helps a lot.

    MazzyxBogartJacobkoshFeral
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Okay catwalks, I'll let you have this one, it's actually pretty damn cool

    http://i.imgur.com/8MuMOlH.gif

    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    surrealitycheck
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

    can you see this?

    gooey rules

    gooey drools

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Dynagrip
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Amazon order:

    - beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

    I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

    are you getting it delivered from an organic delivery guy that rides a shade grown fixie that was made in amaerica

    I'm no expert on the lingo, but would that be a free range delivery guy?

    you would think

    but that would be a meat product

    hipsters are vegan

  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    when i get home i am going to crawl into bed and die

This discussion has been closed.