As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fantastic Fucking Future

1252627282931»

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

This was an episode of DS9, the world is very weird place.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i know i've read a science fiction short story where the world's greatest escapologist has to break out of the thousand year jail

• Options
    thankfully the telgraph reporting on a science story means that they've almost certainly gotten all the science behind this completely wrong

but I'm still horrified that rhiannon williams or any other human being could actually get all the way through writing the article instead of just typing "NO NO FUCK NO"

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Escapeplanfilmposter.jpg

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I always loved that idea of technology, just why does it have to go straight to doing awful things !

Imagine applying things like this to education, 50 years of schooling then you suddenly get to wake up and still be whatever preferred age.

Imagine how much less actual time you would waste on Netflix! This way you could marathon the entirety of Netflix and only have it eat 8 hours of your day!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Escape Plan was actually pretty good
    Schwarzenegger actually speaks German in it, which is so bizarre to hear that it sounds fake at first

But anyway, I am baffled by the mind that goes to that as the first use of basically any technology

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I keep hearing Escape plan is really good, but very dark ( like literally dark, no lighting style dark)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Escape Plan was actually pretty good
    Schwarzenegger actually speaks German in it, which is so bizarre to hear that it sounds fake at first

But anyway, I am baffled by the mind that goes to that as the first use of basically any technology

things I want in my technology:

1) can I have sex with it
    2) can it be used to make people miserable or dead
    3) video games?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I mean it's all in kind of a flatly lit, dark grey prison facility, yeah
    Not the most visually stimulating movie

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i mean, judging from the excerpt of the article that rolo posted it's not even a technology so much as an interesting thought experiment

as if somebody told the telegraph about schrodinger's cat and the next day they published a headline saying Top Scientists Claim You Can Live Forever - As Long As No-One Finds Out

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I remember seeing a Ted talk a while ago which discussed people surviving for several minutes without oxygen after falling in frozen lakes. Seems someone took this idea and ran with it; all the way to the hospital! The trial seems to have worked very well in pigs. If it works only half as well in these human trials, it'll be a seriously huge breakthrough in trauma treatment.

Campy on