Options

Lush [chat]

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Guys

guys

guys

guys

Goat Simulator Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

It is so good

how good?

WATCH IT.

Swear to god youtube... OK this is my experience trying to play this video

click on it, plays fine for 5 seconds

image degrades into 144, which makes it utterly unviewable

damn it youtube, okay manually click it back to 480, that's all I need

video has to completely reload, start watching the first 6 seconds this time, although for some reason it'll only let me start viewing at :02, not the VERY beginning

video stops playing. Nothing seems to be happening. I go, "Oh huh is my wireless slow again? Lemme check the speed...."

Oh, nope, my internet is fine. Well lets click it on youtube, maybe it won't be so grouchy when it's not embedded.

Hey, why is the sound messed up? Oh goddamnit now it's trying to play in both tabs a half-second apart.

Okay scroll back up in chat and find the embedded video, which is now playing in HD, and pause that again. Go back to youtube page, realize that now this HD thing is loading slowly because now I'm trying to buffer two different HD youtube videos. Return to chat tab, refresh so that youtube no longer tries to load.

Click play on youtube tab again. Video plays for 8 seconds, pauses, reverts to 144 for seconds :15 through :45, then returns to HD

BURN IT ALL DOWN

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    jacob wat am u do

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Boo. I was deinternetted all day so I didn't get dyna's messages. I am concerned operation "meet another chatter" will not come to pass. We speculatively said half seven, but a time alone isn't that useful.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You haven't really lived until operation stick your penis in another chatter is underway

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    700.jpg?1636

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    You haven't really lived until operation stick your penis in another chatter is underway

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

488W936.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Also people the Slint documentary is great

if you care about that sort of thing, you should definitely see it

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @surrealitycheck‌ lol at prerecorded smartphone exorcism

why don't they have that shit going on at all times

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I'm not Kakos, Lud. I'm not him and I don't want to be.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I'm not Kakos, Lud. I'm not him and I don't want to be.

No! No! I meant consensual!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    ah don't want your layfe

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    surrealitycheck‌ lol at prerecorded smartphone exorcism

why don't they have that shit going on at all times

THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS OMG

jokes im about to watch it but i am fully ready for goofiness

also just watched this weeks archer and getting justified 2

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    omg this is so sad :( (courtes of aos thred)

tumblr_n28blqtiOn1rmaoheo8_500.jpg

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I would marry this chick. She has the right stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6GyR_5N6c

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    You realize it will make watching nerd e-sports on your TV all that much easier

I'd actually thought of that

I can usually find them on youtube but it would be nice to just go through the twitch or esports site
    We've had a PC hooked up to the tv for a year get on our level?

• Options
    Also everyone can move to oregon as long as they are not Californians, we have enough

• Options
    edited March 2014
    OMFG @jacobkosh @P10‌

MICHAEL JAI WHITE IS IN ANDROID COP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AgZebTmtiY

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you mean black dynamite?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I would like to dedicate this post to Michael k Washington

The best in the Wire

And pops up every couple weeks in the media I consume

Watching the Road? OMAR!

Checking out Anthony Bourdain's final show?OMAR!

Go to see new Robocop movie? OMAR!

Documentary on Jeremy Lin? OMAR!

(Hilariously after that I watched the Dota doc and was like JEREMY!)

Omar coming y'all

So It Goes on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    OMFG @jacobkosh @P10‌

MICHAEL JAI WHITE IS IN ANDROID COP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AgZebTmtiY

looooooooooollll

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    omg this is so sad :( (courtes of aos thred)

tumblr_n28blqtiOn1rmaoheo8_500.jpg

Took me a sec.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Watching John Adams on HBO Go.

It is pretty well done. I do enjoy how they are showing the Americans as reluctant revolutionaries and in many ways loyal Englishmen.

I mean we just finished the first Continental Congress so we haven't hit rebellion just yet but it is interesting and more truthful than most of the "tales" you get out of this period.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I am watching Adam Sessler play Alan Wake and I have to admit that a big part of the reason I like the dude is because he is one of the only game reviewers in existence who will say things like (regarding Metal Gear Solid 4) "all the scenes in the airplane were like being trapped in the worst Harold Pinter play ever, with all these really uncomfortable pauses, like there's a horrible secret that nobody's willing to talk about."

I would like there to be more game critics that would pay attention to things like how people talk, and would be literate enough to draw on examples of things that aren't video games or, like, Star Wars expanded universe novels or whatever.

further into the stream, they talk about their favorite authors, about their favorite authors (Anthony likes Vonnegut, Adam likes Faulkner and Paul Bowles) and growing up reading horror, small-town Americana, and how Anthony wants to "buy Sam Lake a beer and just gaze into his eyes."

this is the kind of livestream I can get behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpgbiUkftQ

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

It is pretty well done. I do enjoy how they are showing the Americans as reluctant revolutionaries and in many ways loyal Englishmen.

I mean we just finished the first Continental Congress so we haven't hit rebellion just yet but it is interesting and more truthful than most of the "tales" you get out of this period.

I'm looking forward to the point in time where the history of the American revolution is as mixed up in myth as early Roman history

"Now as we all know, George Washington was born of a cherry tree - that's why he had wooden teeth - and flew across the Delaware to strike down the hated British in one fell swoop..."

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    jcube tell me about comics i should read

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

I'm looking forward to the point in time where the history of the American revolution is as mixed up in myth as early Roman history

"Now as we all know, George Washington was born of a cherry tree - that's why he had wooden teeth - and flew across the Delaware to strike down the hated British in one fell swoop..."

I think for some this has already occurred.

Thing is many of these people were prolific writers. John Adams is interesting because him and his wife wrote constantly to each and were both very educated. We have a very good window into their life both their private and public life since their letters were kept for this very reason on Adams' request at death.

Again though, most people don't read or study the actual history but just the myth built around the history.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I would like to dedicate this post to Michael k Washington

The best in the Wire

And pops up every couple weeks in the media I consume

Watching the Road? OMAR!

Checking out Anthony Bourdain's final show?OMAR!

Go to see new Robocop movie? OMAR!

Documentary on Jeremy Lin? OMAR!

(Hilariously after that I watched the Dota doc and was like JEREMY!)

Omar coming y'all

my gf just put on suburgatory before modern family comes on and Randy Flag/Wagstaff just proposed to some girl while wearing a top hat

what

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds

i also am never not amazed by this

• Options
    This new she hulk run is p great

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Finished watching Psycho Pass.

Easily one of the best anime I've ever watched, and apparently with a second season soon to start airing.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Easily one of the best anime I've ever watched, and apparently with a second season soon to start airing.

What's it about?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2014/03/ya-book-review-rush-revere-and-the-first-patriots.html

• Options
    i have not written all week

i think i decided to take a week off once i cleared the halfway point

so, i guess this is it?

been reading the fate core book instead

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i have not written all week

i think i decided to take a week off once i cleared the halfway point

so, i guess this is it?

been reading the fate core book instead

Running a game for the month of DnD?

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »

it is spelled animu ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    jcube tell me about comics i should read

you were curious about pulp and horror, right?

@Vanguard‌

or are you just looking for more general recommendations?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    What's it about?
    Setting is a future somewhere between 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451 and Minority Report. The Japanese develop a system that very accurately understands the human mind, recognising what people will find fulfilling, as well as detecting both immediate and latent criminal inclinations. The main cast are a group of 6 "police"; 2 detectives, who are psychologically stable, and 4 enforcers, latent criminals (i.e. haven't committed crimes, but have unstable psycho profiles) who, under their command, hunt down criminals.

The simple plot is that they're hunting down a Moriarty figure who's "criminally asymptomatic", and registers as having a normal psych profile through his own detachment, thus making him impossible to apprehend normally. The more complex plot is that it's a fantastic rumination on social issues, ranging from individuality and freedom of choice, to what we expect of our justice and bureaucratic systems. It's not even remotely ashamed to drop in references to various sci-fi authors and books regarding such situations, and both the antagonist and the secondary protagonist are essentially as well read on the subject as the creators of the anime, which is pleasing.

And it has robots, guns, martial arts, lesbians, loads of sweet holograms (people wear holographic outfits over their clothes, and can change the look of their rooms to various settings) and a really good soundtrack.

It's absolutely one of those anime that shows precisely what you can do with with a good premise, and an animation studio, as opposed to live action stuff.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
This discussion has been closed.