As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    H4NYdyn.jpg
    This is the best

I am laughing but what is the joke here

You don't watch no scrubs?

I watched scrubs, but was this just someone seeing a black guy with his arms around a white woman and editing them in? I'm looking for a pun or something.

why THIS picture?

if there's no reason that's fine I'm just inclined to look for a joke beyond the edit itself

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Hey look, it's Elke the drain cat. Who up until I tried to take picture was sitting nobly upon my knee..

No relation.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

I don't understand horrible people that willingly go into hospitality. Some patrons must get off on being treated like shit

i knew a real asshole bartender with a chip on her shoulder

she was pretty convinced that she was just upholding the dignity of her profession and restaurant when she went off on customers for some perceived slight

it was pretty asinine. i saw her drive off so much business

I've told this story before but a while back I took my brother in law to Dutch Kills and he ordered a Tanqueray and Sprite. I was all "bro pls. don't order that pleb drank here", but the bartender politely shut me the fuck up and said something to the effect of "Sir, I can make you a tanqueray and sprite, but if you like, I can make you something unique that you might enjoy more. If you don't like it, I'll make you a sprite and tanqueray on me. All the drinks cost the same so you have nothing to lose"
    #gallant

On the flipside, PDT used to pride themselves on hiring the nastiest, snootiest cunts imaginable at the door. I had a reservation and they still made me wait half an hour to enter their almost completely empty bar. I hear they've abandoned that concept, but fuck 'em. Plenty of other places actually court my custom.
    #goofus

Deebaser on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    hey ladies

wanna take a ride on my

beef zeppelin

If you eat the whole thing you get more for free.

:winky:

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ginuwine, Awesome, and So Raven

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Oooh, maybe I'll fry an egg and then put that in a grilled cheese sandwich.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I salt and pepper the steak throw it in a 500 degree pan both sides 1 minute then throw it in the preheated oven at 500 until my internal steak cooking sense tells me its time, take it out, rest it on an elevated surface so any leakage doesn't make it soggy for 2 minutes and eat my perfect steak that's medium rare and awesome

try it the other way around.

the oven should dry off the outside enough that your pan sear will give much better results

I should probably mention I put it at low temperature in my IR/Convection thing for a bit instead if I remember to

I'll give that a shot

override367 on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    beef zeppelin is the grossest phrase i've heard in a while

it still beats "axe wound"

i'm not very fond of "wizards sleeve" either

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2014
    Winky wrote: »

That is nice.

Also try a thin slice of beefsteak tomato in a grilled cheese along with some prosciutto or bacon.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

I can't help but laugh at "ham wallet", to my girlfriend's chagrin

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Ruth's Chris is a retarded name not because of the th's sound but because... like... does Ruth own Chris? What? So stupid.

Apparently the story is a dude named Chris opened a steak house called Chris Steak House, and a lady named Ruth acquired it

She kept the name until it burned down and due to some terms with the agreement when she acquired it she wasn't allowed to call the new place she opened Chris Steak House

So she called it Ruth's Chris Steak House and apparently hated the name as well so now I'm not so incensed at how stupid it sounds

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular

AKA a Broque-Madame.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hey look, it's Elke the drain cat. Who up until I tried to take picture was sitting nobly upon my knee..

No relation.

That's what they want you to believe.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    The first joke I made was multi-lingual. I was in preschool, and my parents would make me tell it to all adults if they haven't heard it before, because I was a precious child.

and you still are

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

I can't help but laugh at "ham wallet", to my girlfriend's chagrin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    AxeWound is a British-Canadian supergroup formed in 2012 comprising Liam Cormier of Cancer Bats on lead vocals, Matthew Tuck of Bullet for My Valentine on guitar and backing vocals, Mike Kingswood of Glamour of the Kill on guitar, Joe Copcutt of ZOAX and formerly of Rise to Remain playing bass and Jason Bowld of Pitchshifter on drums.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

I don't understand horrible people that willingly go into hospitality. Some patrons must get off on being treated like shit

she was pretty convinced that she was just upholding the dignity of her profession and restaurant when she went off on customers for some perceived slight

I've told this story before but a while back I took my brother in law to Dutch Kills and he ordered a Tanqueray and Sprite. I was all "bro pls. don't order that pleb drank here", but the bartender politely shut me the fuck up and said something to the effect of "Sir, I can make you a tanqueray and sprite, but if you like, I can make you something unique that you might enjoy more. If you don't like it, I'll make you a sprite and tanqueray on me. All the drinks cost the same so you have nothing to lose"
    #gallant

On the flipside, PDT used to pride themselves on hiring the nastiest, snootiest cunts imaginable at the door. I had a reservation and they still made me wait half an hour to enter their almost completely empty bar. I hear they've abandoned that concept, but fuck 'em. Plenty of other places actually court my custom.
    #goofus

did you order a rum swizzle

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I like the Pony song cuz it sounds like barfing.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I just woke up, bleary-eyed and hungover - hmm, 17 notifications - mother of god, Irond Will is posting bout me in some kind of "chat infractions" mod thread???

oh pfft

kind of a let-down; i had already been reaching for my tanto

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

cook and fry ramen and put it in a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner the next day

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I thought that maybe a chris steakhouse was a type of steakhouse

The truth is way less forgivable

• Options
    Regarding funny names for nasty bits...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKRF46DOCtM

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

there is a few Asian restaurants in London that have a rep for treating the customers like shit

and i don't mean being slightly aloof i mean outright insulting

things like kicking you off your table half way through a meal if a bigger party come in

they're famous for it, people actually go there just to get treated like shit because they find it funny being yelled at by Chinese people

There used to be a place in Dallas, that was their schtick. They'd cut your necktie off with a pair of giant shears and nail it to a wall. Just openly insult you and make fun of your order etc etc.

whoa whoa

that's going too far

my tie is sacred

They warn you on the way in to take it off, or else.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

wizard's sleeve is awesome

axe wound is meh

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

not that time, no. I didn't want bro-in-law to see me drinking no girly drank.
    I did order a swizzle last week with Beasty and Hakkes.
    It was called a "Monkey Fist!"

http://www.fronttowardenemynyc.com/drink/

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    wizard's sleeve pro tier fyi hth

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Man, expensive delicious steak is the last thing I want to talk about right now. All I've got are eggs, grilled cheese, and ramen for the next six days.

How many eggs do you have?
    You can produce:
    soft-boiled egg (in shell, dip toast strips in it)
    fried egg on toast
    egg drop ramen
    hard boiled egg sandwich

also grilled cheese.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    My two coworkers who spend all day squabbling should probably just go ahead and fuck

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

not that time, no. I didn't want bro-in-law to see me drinking no girly drank.
    I did order a swizzle last week with Beasty and Hakkes.
    It was called a "Monkey Fist!"

http://www.fronttowardenemynyc.com/drink/

Aaaarg cool bars.

Why aren't there more of you in seattle?

Fucking poser city.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    H4NYdyn.jpg
    This is the best

Scrubs lost the funny a long time ago :(

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    In my experience, the more expensive a restaurant, the less good the food is. Burger vans serve ambrosia.

Goin' to a fancy restaurant with Ms. Raven, I always feel like Zoidberg in that episode where he has 100 dollars, but finds himself being served the junk part of the animals.

Restaurants can be hit or miss. But the good ones are amazing.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    wizard's sleeve pro tier fyi hth

Google asked if I meant "Hippos Yawn"

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I just woke up, bleary-eyed and hungover - hmm, 17 notifications - mother of god, Irond Will is posting bout me in some kind of "chat infractions" mod thread???

oh pfft

kind of a let-down; i had already been reaching for my tanto

your à tantôt

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I thought that maybe a chris steakhouse was a type of steakhouse

The truth is way less forgivable

Yeah

I mean the name is still stupid as hell, but I can lower my blood boiling in anger to a low simmer knowing the founder hates the name too

• Options
    Man, expensive delicious steak is the last thing I want to talk about right now. All I've got are eggs, grilled cheese, and ramen for the next six days.

You can produce:
    fried egg on toast
    egg drop ramen
    hard boiled egg sandwich

also grilled cheese.

Hm, these are all good ideas.

Gonna go wash the frying pan.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    H4NYdyn.jpg
    This is the best

I watched scrubs, but was this just someone seeing a black guy with his arms around a white woman and editing them in? I'm looking for a pun or something.

why THIS picture?

if there's no reason that's fine I'm just inclined to look for a joke beyond the edit itself

It was kimye

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    10001473_10152074889993790_1941802074_n.jpg
    Let's try again.

This time she is assisting in the playing of Skyrim aka almost asleep against the girlfriend

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Use the eggs to make an imitation steak! Just as good as the real thing!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

You can produce:
    fried egg on toast
    egg drop ramen
    hard boiled egg sandwich

also grilled cheese.

Egg drop ramen is for champions.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    $5500 raise. i guess that's about 5%. not too bad i'll take it.

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.