As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Game is LIVE!

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I'd recommend going for a combination of headphones and microphone. Low end headphones and most headsets are garbage, but a cheapo microphone works fine, so you'll end up with a much better experience investing the bulk of your money in a good set of headphones then picking up a stick or lapel mic on the cheap.

I'll always shill ATH-AD700s for gaming and general listening, but they're north of $100 unless you go used, so maybe a bit steep. I'm wearing my headphones more hours of the day than not, so it's worth the investment--it's really insane how much better good headphones sound, even if you lack a single audiophile bone in your body.

My mic is a logitech stick from wal mart, cost like $7 and works perfect if you don't have a shitload of ambient noise.

Kamar on
  • Options
    NovafoxNovafox Registered User regular
    I just use a cheap pair of Logitech headphones I got at the local Staples. I should probably break down and invest in a good pair, since I use headphones exclusively.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    From reddit, some handy crafting guides. Potentially spoilers, for those wanting to explore the crafting system yourselves.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I had an old Fatal1ty headset that lasted me for the longest time, I only recently got rid of it because my puppy chewed through the cable :(, great mic too and I think they're going for like 30 bucks now.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Less than a day to go and I'm still completely torn on what sort of character I want, aiiiiie.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gonna put a new thread up for launch. That OK Echo ?

Sure thing.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Quick question before the new thread goes up because I didn't see it perusing so far: is there a PA guild? I am downloading my preorder now.

• Options
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    So we also need to pick a PVP campaign....

Bloodthorn
    Scourge
    Chrysamere
    Auriel's Bow
    Wabbajack
    Volendrung
    Skull Crusher
    Dawnbreaker
    Goldbrand
    Hopesfire

Wabbajack is my vote.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Also vote for Wabbajack - how could I not?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    How could any of us not vote for Wabbajack? (I vote for Wabbajack)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    With a name like Wabbajack how could you not vote for Wabbajack? It just rolls of the tounge like shakespearian musings.

P.S: It's also the name of an artifact created by the Elder Scrolls patron of the SE++ Forum, his mad daedric highness Sheograth. Voting for anything BUT Wabbajack would be sacrilege.
    Wabbajack wrote:
    Someone appeared who I thought was Hermaeus Mora. The only thing that made me somewhat suspicious was Hermaeus Mora, from what I read, was a big blobby multi-eyed clawed monstrosity, and this guy looked like a waistcoated banker. Also, he kept calling himself Sheogorath, not Hermaeus Mora. Still, I was so happy to have successfully summoned Hermaeus Mora, these inconsistencies did not bother me. He had me do some things that didn't make any sense to me (beyond the mortal scope, breadth, and ken, I suppose), and then his servant happily gave me something he called the Wabbajack. Wabbajack. Wabbajack. Wabbajack.

Wabbajack. Wabbajack. Wabbajack.

Maybe the Wabbajack is the Book of Knowledge. Maybe I'm smarter because I know cats can be bats can be rats can be hats can be gnats can be that's can be thises. And that doors can be boars can be snores can be floors can be roars can be spores can be yours can be mine. I must be smart, for the interconnective system is very clear to me. Then why, or wherefore do people keep calling me mad?

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack

• Options
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Wabbajack... I mean, OBVIOUSLY.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Everyone and his brother will be on Wabbajack.

Vote Volendrung.

Also.....MY BODY IS READY. T-10 hrs 30 mins

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    wabba jack

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    The Wabbajack huh? Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I vote Dawnbreaker, because the Wabbajack made me.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Well damn, now I feel pressured.

Wabbajack!

Also, all of the excitement!

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Wabbajack is pretty good, though I do want to see how populated some of these campaigns are going to be first. I'm not sure if I want to be in ones that are empty.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Just to warn you guys.

You'll be dealing with Goons if you choose Wabbajack xP.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    I heard on reddit they are DC? At least that's what it sounded like. Don't care though, more people to kill.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So, when exactly does early access start? Midnight EST?

Bobble on
  • Options
    Surely the goons are playing CatElf Dom.

Nope, they went Covenant.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    So, when exactly does early access start? Midnight EST?

7am EST

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    So that was kind of a test with the Wabbajack thing. As so many of us want to vote that, think of how jam packed that one will be right away if so many want to jump on it for the name.

I'll change my vote to Volendrung.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't really care which campaign we join. But holding off and seeing how they pan out is not a bad idea. Then again i think the cost of transferring servers for the first week or so will be small if i remember reading something to that extent on reddit.

Sonork on
  • Options
    I'd also like to say I don't really care what campaign we go to, it's just a name really so if we'd rather base it on population that's cool by me.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    OMG OMG OMG...

I am about to go to bed so I can be up early enough to eat breakfast before servers go live. Hopefully I can actually sleep lol.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Years of 5 am or earlier shifts have me prepared for this.

4:30 am ain't nothing.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    How do we even pick that?

Cyrodiil campaign? Once you hit level ten, you will be able to select it in the alliance page /window /thing.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    How does one get an invite to the guild?

• Options
    Also, what voice chat option are we going with for ESO? PA TeamSpeak 3?

• Options
    Sonork wrote: »
    Also, what voice chat option are we going with for ESO? PA TeamSpeak 3?

I think we'll use this, yeah. No reason not to, it being open and all.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'll avoid any voice chat to spare you all from me complaining about your stupid faction choice 100% of the time I'm online.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
This discussion has been closed.