Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Watching Watamote. It's like Whomp! the anime, except the main character is a schoolgirl with no social skills. So it's like Whomp! the anime.

It's more uncomfortable to watch than The Office and Extras combined.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    abdy uses chat like the tumblr

abdy do you have a tumblr i feel like you should have a tumblr

poo
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i dont mind cuz they are cool pics

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    last night was interesting

I was at a friend's going away party (he's moving to Georgia) and knew only one or two people besides him. so I left early, and at the same time I was getting up to leave this girl was getting ready to go. turns out she works like two miles from my house, so I offered to give her a ride home

she recognized the plush Cthulhu in the back window of my car, which was intriguing

it turns out she's a huge nerd. who is also a stripper. and also does phone sex. and I got maybe ten words in edgewise during the 20 minute drive, and she opened up about fucking everything to someone that she hardly even knows

was strange. anyway I now know way more about the business of phone sex than I did before

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    next step: call her up for phone sex

let her know it's you

• Options
    1912240_633548270052610_114136904_o.jpg
    Humans of New York
    "There's this giant cathedral in Cologne that survived the Allied bombings of World War II. All the other buildings around it were destroyed. One time I was super high on E and mushrooms, so I decide to drop in. The cathedral is made of black marble and the walls are stained with soot, so it was really creepy. On top of that, the place was packed with people, and there was a priest at the altar shouting angrily in German. I was like: 'Oh. My. God.'"

poo
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    abdhy could you drop a spoiler tag over those? it's kind of hammering the v-scroll.

NO LOOK AT THEM

yes I will

but in future because I can't be arsed to fix it and your v scroll is just your regular scroll :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    abdy uses chat like the tumblr

abdy do you have a tumblr i feel like you should have a tumblr

I use my deviantart and tumblr as just image collecting machines

I'm a picture hoarder I store it on my computer and keep it forever and ever

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    shaz's post reminds me

I need to acquire provisions for the Tycho show on Friday

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    i-voted.gif

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    next step: call her up for phone sex

let her know it's you

I was going to ask for her number but considering the content our conversation I felt like that would be way too awkward

(also she is kinda sorta seeing someone, though she expressed some immense frustration with that arrangement)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    image_mq_food_wide-abeae7fa345d97cbc1fa18b5976bf45434bebf73-s4-c85.jpg
    this looks scary
    In The Missing Picture, director Rithy Panh uses clay figurines to recall his experience of the genocide in Cambodia at the hands of the Khmer Rouge in the 1970s.

claymation about genocide is guaranteed to be creepy and sad

poo
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Yesterday I ate nuclear buffalo wings and Mexican food. Today I pay the iron price.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    abdhy could you drop a spoiler tag over those? it's kind of hammering the v-scroll.

NO LOOK AT THEM

yes I will

but in future because I can't be arsed to fix it and your v scroll is just your regular scroll :P

reasonable

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Have pictures from local newspapers I am reading today instead.
    20140327bel+28958hovedbilde.jpg?updated=280320141241
    IMG_7955.jpg?updated=300320140947
    _78A5888.jpg?updated=280320141232
    bryggen2048_5385429a.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Pictures from Northern Norway, 100 years ago
    Oh1RSBrNCxHvcWum7J65OQYNZrM_QBobs0-wZQ93nS3g.jpgrz8Mst5UCHez9D6sUeeWGQL1sfHIv3TecOsxgovjO3FQ.jpg
    Qf0rOMVe0rBJI0iNfpF1xAeRiJYDFIgYYmEqP7aGFo-g.jpg
    LyPCmz24YqShWiWrKLMmtwJuN-9M6r9V9yASS49oTHdg.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    article-2548617-1B12716E00000578-673_964x639.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    after the weird car ride home I went out with friends

we ended up at a bar where some dude was playing bluegrass, and I developed a sudden and visceral hatred for that kind of music that I didn't know I had. "country music for hipsters" is I think how I described it. I am unable to articulate why I found it so vile

then we went to a dive bar where a metal band was playing. which was a lot more tolerable. I appreciated it a lot more after the previous place

then we ate bar food at midnight, and I refused to let a friend drive home because he was wasted. he slept on my couch, and I got up early to drive him back to his car so he could get to work on time

I feel responsible

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-6.541.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    how can u hate bluegrass??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJOIqmlI65Y

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    P10 wrote: »

it wasn't that kind of bluegrass

it was one dude with a guitar singing mopey songs about being, like, a coal miner in 1859 who went to fight for the Union and got killed in battle

or your dad taking a sixpack and a rifle out to the shed in the middle of the night and taking his own life

and there's this crowd of bearded hipsters dancing and cheering the entire time

there was nothing ironic about their enjoyment of it, as far as I could tell

I detested everyone in that bar, and that reaction came as a bit of a surprise. I've been to some shows I didn't really enjoy, but never to one that invoked unbridled loathing

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bluegrass is awful. Oh Brother Where Art Thou is the only time it's been bearable.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bluegrass is awful. Oh Brother Where Art Thou is the only time it's been bearable.

You sir are a traitor to Click and Clack.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    What it do chat. What it do.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    speaking of loathing music, nothing like a good feeling is the worst

one, just look at that fucking insipid title

two, the whole thing is just "the dude playing wonderwall with his eyes closed at a nachspiel" distilled, and as we all know that dude is the worst person in the world

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Oh Jimmy Carr
    fBtPaN8.jpg

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I don't find Carr's standup very funny, but he is excellent on QI.

• Options

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdLfK1sZDo

also this because that reminded me

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Humans of New York
    "There's this giant cathedral in Cologne that survived the Allied bombings of World War II. All the other buildings around it were destroyed. One time I was super high on E and mushrooms, so I decide to drop in. The cathedral is made of black marble and the walls are stained with soot, so it was really creepy. On top of that, the place was packed with people, and there was a priest at the altar shouting angrily in German. I was like: 'Oh. My. God.'"

If someone can't handle an aesthetically complex and historically important building and a little german while on an MX Missile they're a fucking pussy

• Options
    bluegrass music and shape note singing and appalachian stuff like that all stem from one of the oldest hearts of American musical culture

hm

• Options
    edited March 2014

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Humans of New York

That cathedral is a huge dark presence that draws the eye like a magnet, fyi

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Well that's gross/interesting. A friend of mine who poledances updated her status about trying a "spinny" pole and vomiting. I thought she was kidding, but no it was quite a literal vomiting. Word on the street is to take travel sickness pills to avoid that.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    What's that out of focus thing on the left?

A banana peel? A misshapen croissant? I must know.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I don't find Carr's standup very funny, but he is excellent on QI.

His standup is Terrible. It is like being in an audio book of Reader's Digest's Laughter is the Best Medicine

• Options
    Speaking of QI and the Buzzcocks, I just saw Simon Amstell do a warm up gig in London in anticipation of his NYC tour. Quite good but not polished, which I guess is why he does warmup

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    bluegrass music and shape note singing and appalachian stuff like that all stem from one of the oldest hearts of American musical culture

hm

(all the german, irish, british, etc. european posters read that and chuckled paternally at me, I know. "and where do you think that all came from, son?" I imagine them saying as they pat me on the head.)

This discussion has been closed.