As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Badges Get!

124»

• Options
    danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    AnnaRoyal wrote: »
    So I got my Loot Crate for this month and it came with just what I needed to go with my badge. =)
    I was thinking about doing the same thing with mine too!

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Just thought I'd throw in all four of mine were in sequential order :)

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Mine arrived but my roommates hasn't. Every day longer is another I get to torture him

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    CyantCyant Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Badge number 37 baby yeah!

Badges Here

Cyant on
  • Options
    GHOST.OneGHOST.One Registered User regular
    Why didnt you blur numbers? Someone might use it.

• Options
    JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    GHOST.One wrote: »
    Why didnt you blur numbers? Someone might use it.

Honestly blurring the nbwr does nothing. Someone could just a guess a random number and put in on there. It really going to make no difference blurring it or not.

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • Options
    KildrekKildrek Registered User regular
    I got my Friday, but not my Saturday

I've got a buddy who snagged me a sunday, so life is good, but damn I'm freaking out about this saturday badge

• Options
    JarretttheguyJarretttheguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I have to decide if trying to grab a Saturday outside the BCEC is a thing to do or not... I think hanging with my friends around Boston then trying to grab some passes from early leavers so we can get get to the concert is the way to go.

Jarretttheguy on
    "In the Emperor's name, forsake this game, and begone!"
  • Options
    KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I have to decide if trying to grab a Saturday outside the BCEC is a thing to do or not... I think hanging with my friends around Boston then trying to grab some passes from early leavers so we can get get to the concert is the way to go.

There were guys outside last year selling passes but for who knows how much.

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Options
    KaladinKaladin Western NYRegistered User regular
    Urgh. Each time I check the mailbox and my pass isn't there I die a little inside.

• Options
    Joker35Joker35 New Bedford, MARegistered User regular
    Kaladin wrote: »
    Urgh. Each time I check the mailbox and my pass isn't there I die a little inside.

I feel the same way. Where do they get shipped from?

ky8ven39tyym.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    Joker35 wrote: »

CT, but they go out in waves, so it's next to impossible to predict when any individual will get them. If you don't have your badge by April 1st, email pax_questions@paxsite.com. Until then, it's normal timing.

Note: that date is not official or anything, just my personal cutoff for when you might want to start contacting someone.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    Joker35Joker35 New Bedford, MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

CT, but they go out in waves, so it's next to impossible to predict when any individual will get them. If you don't have your badge by April 1st, email pax_questions@paxsite.com. Until then, it's normal timing.

Note: that date is not official or anything, just my personal cutoff for when you might want to start contacting someone.

I live in MA. I contacted someone and they told me is shipped out on Monday. I know it doesn't over a week to receive something from CT. I am starting to worry I won't get my badge.

ky8ven39tyym.png
  • Options

I live in MA. I contacted someone and they told me is shipped out on Monday. I know it doesn't over a week to receive something from CT. I am starting to worry I won't get my badge.
    Well if you have a source at pax that told you a specific date for your specific badge, I would contact them, not the forums... In general they go out in waves though and they are bulk mailed, so that's all the info I have to give.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Kythos wrote: »

There were guys outside last year selling passes but for who knows how much.
    Be aware that those people will be selling badges at a premium price. All of the places I've seen online that are selling them are between $125-$200, which is highway robbery. The problem is that as long as someone is willing to pay that price, they'll be offered that high. That's the nature of scalping, unfortunately.

Personally, I'd discourage that because it only gives them further incentive to scalp, but I'm not the police or anything...

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    MA has some anti-scalping laws in place as well, so there likely won't be as many folks doing it as, say, pax prime.

• Options
    VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    Got back to the dorm today, and guess what was waiting in my mailbox? That's right! Some credit card offers!

Oh, and a PAX Badge, too.

KvTUvIQ.png
  • Options
    BUBBApaxBUBBApax iLLusionist Boston MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    tumblr_n2rd8yzy5w1qgm9ieo1_500.jpg

w000000000t

BUBBApax on
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Badges received! *does the happy dance of my gaming ancestors*

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    Got my 3 day! Slapped it on my Pinny Arcade lanyard, I am hyped.

Incidentally,, my friend has an Fri/Saturday badges he's trying to sell/trade for a Sunday. Is there's an official sub thread for that?

• Options
    Any badge exchange via these forums is prohibited.

• Options
    MA has some anti-scalping laws in place as well, so there likely won't be as many folks doing it as, say, pax prime.
    There is also a law that says no spitting on the sidewalk. Both laws are totally ignored.

I don't know how things are in Seattle, but scalping is a lucrative business in Boston, and the law enforcement constantly turns a blind eye.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    There is also a law that says no spitting on the sidewalk. Both laws are totally ignored.
    I don't know how things are in Seattle, but scalping is a lucrative business in Boston, and the law enforcement constantly turns a blind eye.
    Yeah I'm not saying it's not going to happen. I've definitely seen it at all the PAX Easts so far, but it has been way less prolific than at PAX Prime.

• Options
    WiFiPunkWiFiPunk Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not saying it's not going to happen. I've definitely seen it at all the PAX Easts so far, but it has been way less prolific than at PAX Prime.

My favorite was a guy last year with about 10 saturday passes, selling them at $200 down the street from the bcec in the morning.
    He was on his last two when we were headed the opposite way for lunch.

PAX East 2015 Status: Badge[X] Hotel[X] Car[X] Vacation[X]
  • Options
    VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    I understand if your circumstances change and you have to get rid of your badges, but something like that makes my blood boil. So many people couldn't get passes in time, and this silly goose is trying to make his own profit off 'em.

KvTUvIQ.png
  • Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    VmKid wrote: »
    I understand if your circumstances change and you have to get rid of your badges, but something like that makes my blood boil. So many people couldn't get passes in time, and this silly goose is trying to make his own profit off 'em.

Co-signed. My friend's wife can't make the show anymore due to a cat-related health thing, so him trying to re-coop the money he spent on them makes sense. The jerks selling em for $200 on Stubhub are the worst.

• Options
    JeragoonJeragoon Registered User regular
    Hi everyone! This will be my first year attending to PAX East and I am looking forward to it! I need help right now because my PAX tickets have yet to come through the mail while my friends already received theirs about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone can give me some assistance please any would help. Thank you :D

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Keep calm. They go out in waves. If you don't have yours by like next Wednesday, then worry. And email them so they can have some waiting for you at will-call.

• Options
    JeragoonJeragoon Registered User regular
    Ahh okay thanks!

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    And the waves are not geographical so even though they got theirs yours could be in another batch.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Don't panic.. Check the pax twitters for more info..

o4LSSmr.jpg

GhostDan on
  • Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

I live in CT. At least we can rest knowing its not geographically based.

Quick question: Do we know if the waves are randomized or are they in order of who bought them?

Trandescent on
    8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular

I live in CT. At least we can rest knowing its not geographically based.

Quick question: Do we know if the waves are randomized or are they in order of who bought them?

Most likely randomised. Some folks on the east coast got numbers in a mid thousands while some guy in Canada got 00008-00012. I'm in the midwest and I got 05823.

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Options
    Showclix status: Shipped*
    *Indicates that tickets will arrive within the next 6 weeks

The status is really annoying. If something hasn't shipped, why say it has been? If they don't arrive by Wednesday, I'm going to start emailing them. I understand the waves notion, but showing the status as "Shipped" for weeks is pretty messed up.

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Woooo! Got my passes on Saturday. The little woman said I made an audible gasp when I saw an envelope from "PAX" and my eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. Now, the unbearable next couple of weeks can commence.