As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Oh man, how OP is puddledroid going to be against infested. Can't wait for this update!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    We need a ranged infested that is more threatening than Crawlers.

Use one part of the Lephantis boss for inspiration and have it spit those thorns that explode and leave a toxic cloud behind.

Or something.

Right now Infested are entirely non-threatening aside from some ancients at absurdly high levels.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I hope that they have some sort of battojutsu/Iaijutsu bonus on Longswords, giving them either a quicker draw or some kind of damage bonus/cool combo when drawing your blade. Because as I see it that's the big advantage of a sword compared to say...a massive twohander or a polearm.

Like this...
    http://youtu.be/Qzhs1Z8Rwnk
    Except that you're a cybernetic space ninja.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Just give me Jetstream Sam's fighting style as a weapon and I'll never use anything else.

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend Mag unless you have a very high rank Streamline and the range mods. Her base Power is actually low and the range on Crush is also not spectacular by default. Pull I think requires potentially 3 applications to kill Ospreys, though I'm unsure of that one.

Well, Mags strength isn't that her powers are good against Ospreys. It's that they're good against all other types of corpus.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    Man, if Warframe had that level of dismemberment... <3 Im excited to see what they do with the Dual Ichors, those are considered axes arnt they? Looks like I'll need to pick up the Bo staff as well.

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Kashaar wrote: »
    You mean like Thief's Wit? :-P

I could have sworn it only showed canisters the last time I used it.
    I'm pretty sure Thief's Wit only highlights Mods visually and only shows storage containers on the minimap, unless upgrading adds to it's capablities.

also, @TOGSolid‌ , Can I get a clan invite? I've put myself on the spreadsheet.
    Gonna have to have @Kashaar get it or one of the other officers. I'm out at work until Tuesday, sorry!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend Mag unless you have a very high rank Streamline and the range mods. Her base Power is actually low and the range on Crush is also not spectacular by default. Pull I think requires potentially 3 applications to kill Ospreys, though I'm unsure of that one.

Well, Mags strength isn't that her powers are good against Ospreys. It's that they're good against all other types of corpus.

Shield Polarize will fuck some Ospreys up like woah, also pretty much all Corpus, provided they're not isolated.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Just give me Jetstream Sam's fighting style as a weapon and I'll never use anything else.

You can't fight like Jetstream Sam unless you can trollface like Jetstream Sam.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

You can't fight like Jetstream Sam unless you can trollface like Jetstream Sam.

Suddenly the Mag Prime helmet makes sense.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Vauban Chassis alert is up for another 25 minutes if anyone needs it.

• Options
    Ardol wrote: »

God

Fucking

Damnit

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Ardol wrote: »

God

Fucking

Damnit

I can't remember if I need the chassis or systems, and I'm away from pcs for the day.

I'll say I need systems and not be very sad.

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    So is Stalks-Mcgee designed to come in at weird times during defense? I was fiddling around with a new weapon in the Mercury defense when stalker triggered. There was only one enemy left in the wave, and this enemy happened to be a butcher, so I figured I'd let him live while I dealt with senpai. By this point, the lights had already flickered twice, so I sat around waiting for him to trigger.

It was a good 20-30 seconds that I waited. I would've waited longer, but I apparently underestimated the butcher's incompetence, since he somehow managed to die on his own (I guess he fell down the hole or something. That or committed suicide out of shame). So of course, stalks didn't appear until I was knee-deep in more grineer.

As if to prove this train of thought, he came again while I was doing a kappa run, and this time he didn't take nearly as long to pop up.

Stalks, why u do dis.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So is Stalks-Mcgee designed to come in at weird times during defense? I was fiddling around with a new weapon in the Mercury defense when stalker triggered. There was only one enemy left in the wave, and this enemy happened to be a butcher, so I figured I'd let him live while I dealt with senpai. By this point, the lights had already flickered twice, so I sat around waiting for him to trigger.

It was a good 20-30 seconds that I waited. I would've waited longer, but I apparently underestimated the butcher's incompetence, since he somehow managed to die on his own (I guess he fell down the hole or something. That or committed suicide out of shame). So of course, stalks didn't appear until I was knee-deep in more grineer.

As if to prove this train of thought, he came again while I was doing a kappa run, and this time he didn't take nearly as long to pop up.

Stalks, why u do dis.

Despite what the devs have said, the moment that Stalks-McGee loves the most is when you're in the "Take your loot or keep fighting" menu.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    You mean like Thief's Wit? :-P

I could have sworn it only showed canisters the last time I used it.
    I'm pretty sure Thief's Wit only highlights Mods visually and only shows storage containers on the minimap, unless upgrading adds to it's capablities.

Nope, it highlights resource drops on the minimap (not in the main view) with the same icon as breakable containers! Love it on my farming builds :)

Good to know, I guess I just need to upgrade my Thief's Wit so it goes out further than 5 feet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Despite what the devs have said, the moment that Stalks-McGee loves the most is when you're in the "Take your loot or keep fighting" menu.

Ohhh yes, I'm well aware of this. That's exactly what the bastard did last time he appeared in a defense. One of the few times I actually yelled "Bullshit!" Really wish you were invincible during that period, or that it would at least instantly end once everyone's made a choice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular

Update notes:
    Stalker reworked to be more like Senator Armstrong

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Stalks, why u do dis.
    Well, at least you've seen him. I swear my own Stalker mark is bugged or something, I haven't seen him in ages.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Is Vauban fun to play? His abilities seem so passive and I tend to prefer a more aggressive play style.

Though I have heard he's really useful for tougher runs.

I need to know if he's one of those things I should to drunkenly trade for (because I seem to do all of my trading after I've been drinking...).

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Just realized that if this patch drops Wednesday I'll miss the presumably special event and it's rewards because im flying out Thursday to Boston for friends and Pax East.

God fucking damnit x 2

This wouldn't have happened if they kept the deadline.

I'm sure awesome melee and combo mods will fall from the heavens.

• Options
    Taranis wrote: »
    Is Vauban fun to play? His abilities seem so passive and I tend to prefer a more aggressive play style.

I need to know if he's one of those things I should to drunkenly trade for (because I seem to do all of my trading after I've been drinking...).

He wears clownshoes. That counts as fun, right?

As for his playingstyle. It's pretty defensive. Toss out traps, wait in ambush, bounce people into huge pits ("friends" and foes!), drop a vortex bomb when things get hairy.
    Against Infested he's a Tower of Power. Against anything else "Find me a chokepoint, and I shall hold it against an army". To their advantage Bastille and Bounce don't care about how hitpoints the enemy have or how much damage they deal, so regardless of how powerful the enemy is they will work the same. Bastille is also Nekros best friend (Put it down in a chokehold. Collect 20 or so enemies. Torch them with a flame thrower or with something high-explosive. Desecrate).

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

As for his playingstyle. It's pretty defensive. Toss out traps, wait in ambush, bounce people into huge pits ("friends" and foes!), drop a vortex bomb when things get hairy.
    Against Infested he's a Tower of Power. Against anything else "Find me a chokepoint, and I shall hold it against an army". To their advantage Bastille and Bounce don't care about how hitpoints the enemy have or how much damage they deal, so regardless of how powerful the enemy is they will work the same. Bastille is also Nekros best friend (Put it down in a chokehold. Collect 20 or so enemies. Torch them with a flame thrower or with something high-explosive. Desecrate).

And with enough energy mods you can toss Teslas around like cheap candy, overcoming their low damage and fire rate with sheer numbers that drop waves of enemies instantly.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

And with enough energy mods you can toss Teslas around like cheap candy, overcoming their low damage and fire rate with sheer numbers that drop waves of enemies instantly.

Also, frame rates

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Just realized that if this patch drops Wednesday I'll miss the presumably special event and it's rewards because im flying out Thursday to Boston for friends and Pax East.

God fucking damnit x 2

If it's possible to get duplicates I'm more than happy to give you any thing I don't need of them! =)

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Warframe would really benefit from a dojo bank. Something that would let guild members circumvent the annoying trade limit.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Melee did look pretty darn cool. Not sure when you will be able to pull off those combos though if your not solo though. It's already fairly easy for nuke spec aoe's and crazy spec guns to kill everything at a glance on anything under tower 3.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular

God fucking damnit x 2

If it's possible to get duplicates I'm more than happy to give you any thing I don't need of them! =)

Thank you, but that's never been a thing unfortunately (where they let you get duplicates).

My heart, it is breaking.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

God fucking damnit x 2

Thank you, but that's never been a thing unfortunately (where they let you get duplicates).

My heart, it is breaking.

The big event reward mods don't have duplicates. However, with a total revamp of the melee system, I would not be surprised if DE introduces a variety of more mundane melee mods to the regular drop tables (in a fashion similar to how all those poison damage mods were introduced in damage 2.0).

In that scenario, I'm sure most clan members would be happy to hand out duplicates of the common/uncommon melee 2.0 mods. That could help you pull a melee 2.0 build together. Its not much, but it is almost like how a new player feels when trying to find serration or hornet strike for the first time. Those are auto-include mods and vets have dozens of them, but !@#$% they never seemed to drop when you were first starting out.

Also, it is unlikely that you'll miss out on the major event reward gear forever. I believe that their policy on event weapon (vandal/wraith gear) is that it goes into a vault to potentially be re-released in a later event. Most event mods are planned to eventually be introduced into some other drop table in the game such as survival or nightmare rewards (Such as the slingstone ammo mutator mods or the arid fear mods). Rumor has it that the cicero crisis mods might find their way into something's loot table soon (which is good for me, because I missed out on the events for the poison/electric +element proc chance mods).

Warframe would really benefit from a dojo bank. Something that would let guild members circumvent the annoying trade limit.

This. I want a dojo bank so much. Although I mainly want it as a place to dump resources. I'm a little unversed in the research/construction systems, but I believe that I need to know when/where a new building/research project is taking place and specifically donate to that project. I would love to be able to just dump resources into a guild vault that guild officers can pull from to fund research and new construction. I'd like to go a step further and just be able to siphon a % of my resource drops straight to the guild (or at least the common/uncommon loot drops).

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I finished cooking Vauban yesterday so today I took some time to style him up.
    fiendishvauban_zpsd2ca8eab.jpg
    Dashing, no?

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Not enough pink. 3/5.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Update notes:

Don't fuck with this Stalker

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

Update notes:

Don't fuck with this Stalker

Nano Spores, son!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    I know the message says to feel free to rearrange the Dojo (swipe edition) but I just wanted to post here and make double sure it was ok for me to tinker with it. I wanna put all the research areas on the first floor where the other ones are. Gonna just extend it straight out and have them along the sides. Cool?

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Solin.EldinSolin.Eldin Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    So... I'm a lurker. Actually my first post I've ever made. I play Warframe. Can I get an invite? (PC gamer) (Also: SolinEldin) (Yeah, I know. I use it alot actually.)

Solin.Eldin on
  • Options
    Not enough pink. 3/5.

Pink you say?
    PinkoVauban_zps456c7983.jpg

• Options
    There is an alert for a Dark Sword blueprint that is good for the next 35 minutes, just as a heads up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sorry for the double post, but after running Phobos several times to get all the Nyx blueprints, I have to ask a question:

Is there any reason, whatsoever, to do an assassination mission with a group, only to run ahead of that group, kill the boss before anyone else in the group can get to it, then head for extraction and wait there until the next fastest person shows up and the end mission timer hits 0, other than "I'm too fucking lazy to turn on solo mode?"

Think I saw Phobos alive 3 times, and only twice was it because the group stayed together.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I honestly don't think people run Phorid for Nyx but for the 3/5 run rewards. But hell the most fun about it is when Phobos mans up and goes apeshit on those running ahead!

Edit: as spectrum said corrected Phobos to Phorid!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    You guys mean Phorid, right?

And yeah, I think most people are running it solely to get credit on the Invasion. Conveniently, this does mean that Nyx is pretty easy to get even with bad gear, even if on the rare occasions you are super slow you might miss the mod/resource drop.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.