As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus | Steam Sale | Tremendous Video Game | Fuck Nazis

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    This might actually be better than RTCW. Now that I remember the Riddick guys did this, the supreme quality of the shooting makes sense - every other recent FPS feels like small potatoes in comparison. Can't wait for Doom 4.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I wanna try this, but the download size makes me cringe. Probably gonna put it on the backburner until...whenever.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Man

Health pickups, armor pickups, ability to hold every gun, secrets you find by pressing against walls and switches

I like this

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    Wow this game has surprisingly good story crafting... I actually like the characters!

Never before have I wanted to slay Nazis like this... so far I am loving it!

• Options
    Jademonkey79Jademonkey79 Registered User regular
    Cannot wait to pick this up on my lunch break today.

"We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Man

Health pickups, armor pickups, ability to hold every gun, secrets you find by pressing against walls and switches

I like this

I KNOW RIGHT!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    These super positive impressions are making it hard for me to not buy this.

What system is everybody playing on? I know there's no multiplayer, but I'm curious about which console to grab it for.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I myself am waiting for a PS4 disc to come via GameFly, and if I like it I plan on picking it up on PC for the shinies and because I'm a Wolfenstein whore.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    boosterburnboosterburn Registered User regular
    I have to say I am having a lot of fun. And thats even playing the ghetto 4 disc 360 version! (dislocated my knee and its far more comfortable then sitting at the computer) It's basically what I wanted, entertaining characters, decent enough story so far and old school gameplay.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Holy crap! The 360 version is 4 discs?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    This is ridiculous, it's been well over 24 hours downloading and I still have 9 or 10 hours left to go. If anyone knows of a way to speed up Steam downloads please let me know asap!1

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    This is ridiculous, it's been well over 24 hours downloading and I still have 9 or 10 hours left to go. If anyone knows of a way to speed up Steam downloads please let me know asap!1

buy bigger tubes

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Got this on Steam this morning, around chapter 4 or so now.

Really, really fun. Shooting feels really nice, and I am so happy to finally be playing a FPS again where you have to look at a map and explore different rooms and find secrets.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Aw phooey, Red Box seems to only be carrying the PS3 version of Wolfenstein. Bah.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    You see all these horrific atrocities during the game but I can't stop thinking that the real monster is BJ.

He stalks a Nazi stronghold, murdering Nazis with a remorseless, maniacal zeal bordering on the outright insane.

An ageless übermensch, untouched by the ravages of time and hulking above even the SS elite despite 14 years of catatonia.

A terrifying destroyer. What else can be said of a "man" who can sprint faster than a car through a hail of bullets whilst dual wielding assault rifles on full auto with pinpoint accuracy? Whilst also carrying 100 kilos of equipment with seemingly no endurance penalty?

What else can you say about a man who eats dog food like it was candy and can hurl a pocket knife several meters in the air and through plate armor into your skull? Who tears strips off bio mechanical Nazi dogs to use as armor after dispatching them hand to hand in the middle of a gun fight with Hitler's finest?

If I were you I wouldn't talk, lest he confuse you with a Nazi and rips your face off so that he can wear it as a hat.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I would call him fucking radical

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    I tend to just blast my way through a level, intentionally setting off Officer alarms and saving them till last.

I just like killing Nazis that much.

My Assault tree maxed out pretty quick.

• Options
    Dear god. Ten minutes in and I'm just sitting there with a giant grin on my face. Finally a game that answers the age old question "Why can't I carry two machine guns at once?"

"We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."
  • Options
    I'm losing my will not to buy this

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    I'm losing my will not to buy this
    Would you say, "Urge to kill... rising!"?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    So what y'all are saying is that this is Old School FPS taken to 11?

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Loving this so far, and it looks amazing on the PC. Question for fellow PC players, though: have you encountered an issue where after you respawn the game stutters like crazy?

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Dear god. Ten minutes in and I'm just sitting there with a giant grin on my face. Finally a game that answers the age old question "Why can't I carry two machine guns shotguns at once?"

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Dear god. Ten minutes in and I'm just sitting there with a giant grin on my face. Finally a game that answers the age old question "Why can't I carry two machine guns shotguns at once?"

I think Marathon answered that back in the mid 90s.

The answer was "FUCK YOU, SPACE ALIENS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...shit. Out of shells."

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    What was the reported campaign length? You people have broken my will and I have no choice but to buy it now.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    MagmyGeraithMagmyGeraith Registered User regular
    Looks to be ~12-13 hours from things I've read. If you go to complete everything, it's closer to 20. Or so I've read, I'm only 2 hours in.

• Options
    Dual wielding auto shotguns is just the best thing. THE BEST THING

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I broke down and got it. Ugh 50gigdownload but its either this or far cry 3 cos I'm in the mood for some shoot bangs

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Hrm.

Was expecting this to be terrible.

This is an interesting development.

• Options
    Looks to be ~12-13 hours from things I've read. If you go to complete everything, it's closer to 20. Or so I've read, I'm only 2 hours in.

There's also two different alternate timelines to playthrough(Not sure how different they are, though). Also, each level is stuffed with collectables and secrets. Definitely going to take a while to finish.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Ohhhhhhh shit. Just saw that trailer from last page.

Same universe Wolfenstein and Doom - Nazis open up a portal to hell from the moon? DO IT DEVS.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Nazis... on ze moon!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Dual wielding auto shotguns is just the best thing. THE BEST THING

Just wait till you get
    Dual wielding rocket launchers

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    So uh, at the resistance base.
    Did I just drop acid with Jimi Hendrix?

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I'm only an hour in, but this is glorious.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Hey, this has some heart to it.

Kinda pleasantly surprised by that.

Also, pretty sure BJ is an avatar of Baal or something.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »

My money's on Khorne.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Man

I like this

I suddenly have the weirdest boner....wait, what's this in my Steam cart? Who the hell is playing Barry White and why is there a tube of KY spinning through my shopping cart?
    HNNNNG-*THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE*

*lights a cigarette*

I'm pretty ok with what just happened.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Melkster wrote: »

My money's on Khorne.

I don't know man. He is not leaving many skulls around to build a throne. Tzeentch maybe. Cause this is all going according to a plan. And 1960 is going to change irrevocably. That or he is a follower of All Chaos. Embrace the carnage and change the world.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Man,
    when you have to choose who gets their goddamn eyes cut out
    . Totally made me feel like a horrible son of a bitch.