As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alternating Text Sizes

DashDDashD Dread Pirate ChefSeattle, WARegistered User regular
Within the last few days, the text sizing on posts has started alternating between the normal (probably 10pt) font used by most websites and what appears to be a 12 pt. Maybe, I'm not great at guessing font sizing. I'm using Firefox for Android, but I noticed it happening on my desktop, using regular Firefox.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, or is there just something I need to tweek in my settings?

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
PAX_Badge_Sig.png

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    URgyszB.jpg

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    But for real, I've never seen this. Are you running weird addons or something? Accessing from a 28.8k dialup modem? Viewing forums from ISS?

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No to all. The only add on I have currently is AdBlock, and I'm connected through WiFi on my tablet. I might just be nuts. Who knows.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Damn. I was sure I had it with the ISS guess. Oh well. Let me know if you see it more, and where in particular.

IcyLiquid on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I swear I've seen something along this line too, where occasionally a user's posts/font seems bigger than those above/below it.

I'll keep my eye out, as I use the forums from at least 4 different devices and 5-6 different browsers/versions, not to mention using browser-based text scaling in some instances.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Are you sure people aren't just messing with you using the [ size ] function?

• Options
    People wouldn't do that, not on the internet.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Maybe it's a virus?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Considering I just got my tablet a few days ago, I don't think it's a virus. And people doing silly things on the internet, what a preposterous idea.

PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Not here, but I've seen the sort of behavior you're describing when a mobile browser increases the font size of a section of text for readability, especially if the viewport meta tag isn't present. On several distinct sections of separate text (such as different forum posts) it seems it can choose different sizes, presumably because it evaluates them independently.

I'm a bit surprised you'd be seeing it on your tablet. I've only seen it happen on mobile phones, and my assumption is that the screen size on a tablet tends to be large enough where it doesn't normally get triggered.

I don't know why you'd ever be seeing it on your desktop, and that's where I'm really puzzled. Maybe firefox's sync is to blame, but I'm not sure how that'd be (does it sync all flags or something? that sounds like a bad idea)

(I realize this unfortunately doesn't really say a lot on how to fix it, assuming that's the cause)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's a Firefox thing, since I get it as well, but only with Firefox for android.

Chrome/opera/dolphin all manage to render all posts on a page the same size.