Options

[Phalla] indie series: Snitch - FBI (Snitch) Victory

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Are you gonna be in Seattle this year, you horrible snitch, you?

And I'm not voting for Shal just yet. Just stating the Obvious.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Does Suspicion prevent Favor loss from the target trying to use Call in your Favor?
    Also Drez because MrT's idea seems solid aside the everyone dies scenario, Assuran's next on the list but already been voted and Drez doesn't like MrT.
    Might also be alphabetical.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    my vote was alphabetical already!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Does Suspicion prevent Favor loss from the target trying to use Call in your Favor?
    Also Drez because MrT's idea seems solid aside the everyone dies scenario, Assuran's next on the list but already been voted and Drez doesn't like MrT.
    Might also be alphabetical.

As I am now a student of phalla history, I feel like I should let you know that Drez doesn't like anyone, really.

Except Sailor Moon.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Don't know if MrT plan will work, but still no grudges, so, with lonelyahava already taken, i could as well go for enlightenedbum right now...

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    pffft @Drez loves me. I dunno what games you've been reading.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    pffft Drez loves me. I dunno what games you've been reading.

Mostly ones from 2007, when the metagame appears to have been "He who is loudest and crankiest wins, then gets voted out the next day."

• Options
    edited June 2014
    :\
    I-have-to-make-2-posts-but-this-is-day-1-and-everyone-is-asleep post

Edit: Although....
    It seems like this game lends itself to shenaniganitis.
    Namely, it is in the village interest to vote near vote close so as to avoid giving the mafia time to consider who they eliminate based on speculated Gain Favors for that day.
    Not that I have the luxury of doing so.

And, can players Gain Favor by voting for dead Snitches?
    Not that this will be the case, but may as well check.

discrider on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I feel like even if this game is "solvable" I would still prefer to play it as an actual game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    I feel like even if this game is "solvable" I would still prefer to play it as an actual game.

I mean, T's plan mostly gets us to play a game of tied-vote chicken, which is certainly an interesting approach for Day 1 but not, I suspect, likely to work out in the long run.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    enlightenedbum gets the accusatory finger before I go to work.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I want to be opposed to following MrT's plan but hey the next person after me is Megafrost and any plan that has me vote for him is a good one!

Real Talk: I think it's probably more important to arrange intelligent use of favor later in the game than it is to organize the vote today. Like, vote whoever, try not to dogpile one person too much, but hey that rarely happens day 1 anyway. Tomorrow is when the real action starts, as we try to suss out who gained favor.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    I want to be opposed to following MrT's plan but hey the next person after me is Megafrost and any plan that has me vote for him is a good one!

I object! That is... that is objectionable!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, today is World Cup Monday. This is my first post. Hello everyone. I probably will be paying little attention to this thread the rest of the day.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    This is my second post, in which I say welcome back Baidol.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Yes

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    :\
    can players Gain Favor by voting for dead Snitches?

You can't vote for players already removed from the game

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Are you gonna be in Seattle this year, you horrible snitch, you?

And I'm not voting for Shal just yet. Just stating the Obvious.

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere. Didn't get any tickets to the con itself this year (yet) but I'll be around.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Can you please put the clarifications in the OP?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    KE$HBRA

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

The question is, will you finally read the OP if he does? :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Hey so I just re-read the OP and I realized that the current day's vote counts toward your actions that night. So I suggest we all call in our favors tonight since the roleblock is pretty good for seering purposes.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

The question is, will you finally read the OP if he does? :D

I will probably scan that section of the OP.

Or at least, notice the orange-ness of it.

Also, I started with 600 Favor, is that a lot?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    Hey so I just re-read the OP and I realized that the current day's vote counts toward your actions that night. So I suggest we all call in our favors tonight since the roleblock is pretty good for seering purposes.

Or wait maybe not? Maybe it's better to have everyone attempt to gain favor for like 3 days and then start cashing it in?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I've never been a fan of exploiting mechanics in an unitended way to achieve victory, such as a rule of "everyone do X to discover Y" in a phalla for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that it is difficult if not impossible to expect full compliance, particularly on Day One.

So it's nothing against MtTLicious personally, or his plan. My vote for him is fairly arbitrary. I don't think a snitch would go for such a move on Day One so he's probably a bad choice overall but I don't have anything better so there you go.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    FYI, I talked about this with Obi, so he knew it was possible, therefore not unintended.

and for the roleblock, we probably won't get a message if our roleblock was successful, so we won't know if we voted correctly (that would be too easy)

• Options
    wait.

you talked your ingenious plan out with the host and he actually responded to you in some form that wasn't completely arbitrary or talking about pink elephants or a giant "CD"?

*glower*

Can I vote for the Host?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Auralynx is after me in the roster.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I personally asked Obi about 9 clarification questions.

• Options
    And he answered them.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    If we're going to do what MrT suggested, shouldn't we agree on if we're using the roster or alphabetical? 'cause we seem to be just doing whatever right now.

It seems like the only way the plan would work is if we all vote for the same person 4 days in a row, and use our favor on that person on day4. If they are mafia favor has been accrued and they get dead in public, none of the other favor abilities would give public confirmation I think?

There are probably many interesting ways the mafia could fuck it up though.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    In case I get too sucked up in the US World Cup game and forget to come back here: CesareB as a belated sorta-grudge from Saberovereasy's game

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    If we're going to do what MrT suggested, shouldn't we agree on if we're using the roster or alphabetical? 'cause we seem to be just doing whatever right now.

It seems like the only way the plan would work is if we all vote for the same person 4 days in a row, and use our favor on that person on day4. If they are mafia favor has been accrued and they get dead in public, none of the other favor abilities would give public confirmation I think?

we still have to discuss the means through which we decide who doesn't do that and avoids tying the vote, though

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I vote for ignoring MrT's plan and play the game straight. That's what I'm doing anyway. Feel free to incorporate my vote into your plans if it helps.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Flarne wrote: »

Meh. Night of Day 3, depending on villagers voting mafia, we could all just see someone different to our vote target.
    Best case scenario is mafia kill some of our people who have 3 favor, and the other people with 3 favor effectively see 3 people each (their vote target enables them to see if mafia, their seeing target, their seeing target's vote targets based on favor gained). Everyone else who otherwise would be able to see but can't, knows that the person they've been voting isn't mafia.

So even if we don't have a ton of public confirmation, killing the vote target of one of the seers with the vote is a good way of confirming a seer. And then the other seers can just keep seeing until the mafia gets to killing them. And so on.

Ways this won't work:
    Roleblocks largely.
    Mafia are going to be voting for at least one mafia to get roleblocks on the seers.

discrider on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Holy crap what a Monday. Placeholder vote on Flarne since I always think he's mafia. Should be back before vote close.

• Options
    wait.

you talked your ingenious plan out with the host and he actually responded to you in some form that wasn't completely arbitrary or talking about pink elephants or a giant "CD"?

*glower*

Can I vote for the Host?

He didn't give me any information.

I said he knew about it.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think MrT's plan seems open to abuse if only that it spreads the votes so thin that the vote winner can easily be manipulated/controlled by the mafia.

Also theres no way to vote for every player so even if every mafia gets voted for there is only roughly 20% of the player base gaining favor. It would be better to bandwagon mafias to spread that power to more people.

Also we don't know what powers the mafia have, if there is a serial killer, how many kills are floating around, etc. Spending multiple days on a plan that might not even be sound logic loses momentum quickly.

• Options
    Agreed.

• Options
    No matter how we vote, the expected favor gain is 20%. Spreading the vote just makes that more concentrated around the mean.

The point of voting for the same person over and over again is that is keeps favor growing for the same people, which is a good idea, and the point of spreading the vote out early is that it prevents swingy scenarios.