As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DotA 2]You have triggered a hidden mine!

1939495969799»

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I've seen a bane die to an Ember because he wasn't paying attention to the fact shield was burning him down and the 500 damage block was making the ult hit for peanuts. Maybe he thought that's what would happen? I dunno.

This ember was about my skill level of Ember.

I am not sure he ever actually leveled shield. I surely don't remember seeing it.

Of course him and axe laned against me. I was the solo offlane with WR. They were easy to dodge and I was able to get a slow but not too slow blink at 12/13 minutes with phase boots as well.

My favorite kill on ember is when he early tried to man fight me. Well stuck around too long. I killed him in the fog with a powershot.

He came back with a ring of health.

Didn't help him a lot.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Does activating Blademail still work against Tinker's March of the Machines? I'd love to just run into those damn things on purpose to kill him.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I dont think it would last long enough to run into enough machines unless tinker was already all but dead.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Okay I managed to sneak a match as Lich in. Thanks to disconnecting players, we won (got my daily challenge out of the way) and it wasn't much of a match so I felt robbed. Sorta. BUT. It did give me a little bit of play as a support in a live environment.

First off Lich is pretty proactive. I like that a lot. A mistake I made at the start was sacrificing my NPCs right away since they count as XP gains. I figured why not; we ended up fighting at our tower constantly as a result. But against Juggernaut and Nec, we were safe. They however were not; enough harassing and spell casting at the right time lead to them dying a couple of times. I just need to be mindful of my mana and eat a friendly more often so that I can nom my way to kills. Which I did plenty of. Zeus was my favorite.

One thing I was playing with was warding, especially those "spot the stealthed Riki" ones. I had a good intuition about that; on two occasions I just got a bad feeling and dropped a ward down lane, away from towers. Seconds later in each instance, Riki crawled into view. I'm sure he was surprised by us starting to wail on him (he died in both instances).

Thing I was bad at: Activating Mekanism. I only did it twice (though I built it sorta late-ish? for this round at least).

Oh I also found the sweet spot for wards in the enemy base where they can't be detected / shot by towers. At least on the radiant side. I was pleased with myself for that.

Henroid on
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    But you SHOULD eat friendly creeps as lich. That's what makes him strong. Sit at base at 00:00 and eat a creep in mid or whatever lane you're going. But don't eat the range creep in mid.

Also don't have a friendly enigm and lich eat your range and melee creep in mid, it will not fucking work out well.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    You should be eating creeps on cool down. If pushing the lane is a concern, auto attack a few more times each wave.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Eating creeps as lich is insanely good as long as you do it outside exp range from the enemy. You will level up faster, they will level up slower. A level 6 allin with lich+whatever can easily win the engagement unless the other team are smart about how they fight. Sacrifice also gives you a lot of mana, which can fuel q spam to either harass or kill jungle camps.

The ult is sadly fairly easy to counter, but it forces the enemy team to engage in a certain way.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    New thread is up. I just made a quick OP before work. I'll flesh it out a bit when I get home tonight.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    It wasn't until recently that I realized shift-queueing abilities takes into account channel times. This has drastically changed my effectiveness as Sandking.

As was mentioned for Q/W, etc., it is the default dota 2 key bindings.

Q - first ability
    W - second ability
    E - third ability
    R - ulti

Of course if you are playing a hero with more than 4 abilities (invoker, SF) those change.

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Pugna + gem + ult = dead TA. It just melts her refraction.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I don't think I can play AP anymore. Every game someone picks Tinker because they think they're Dendi and proceeds to feed 5 kills mid.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    We really should have gotten this thread locked when the new one happened.

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.