Options

[Phalla] indie series: Snitch - FBI (Snitch) Victory

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Elaborate mafia ploy to save whoever is currently in vote lead? Probably not. Mafia don't need to make ploys right now.

Preda

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm on to you Drez!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Well at least some people will get favor

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    So this post is a lie: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30064209/#Comment_30064209

Preda was not contacted by ebum the night ebum died by the mafia. (He was contacted the first night.)

Therefore he's straight-up lying about something he wouldn't need to do as a villager.

Therefore Preda

There's nothing of false in that post! It's gone exactly as I said. Ebum contacted me first night offering me a favour to switch vote to save him, I did it, I don't know if it worth it. He contacted me again the second night but I did'nt switch (arrived late). Don't know if it worth it.

I'll vote for you kime but I must keep on Auralynx to have a chance to live...

• Options
    But he didn't contact you the second night. I mean, barring someone being really clever and Obi being really evil

Steam profile
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'll go with kime on this?

though does Preda even have the votes?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    We'll know very soon

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vote Closed, Narration Incoming

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Welp

I don't trust capfalcon either. Take that as you will. Flarne's not high on the list either [as in he's also suspicious]

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Day 5

Another Organization Killing

Ken Johnson
    June 19 2014, 10:13PM

Atlanta - Two suspected Organization members were seen being taken into FBI custody tonight after officers were called in for a domestic disturbance. Bodies were found on the scene, one of which has been identified as a member of the ruling family of the Organization.

One suspect was heard screaming at an FBI agent. He claimed they had been "setup by the pigs." The other suspect was heard bragging they had "killed an [expletive] FBI undercover agent [and would have] even more where that came from."

The FBI had no comment.

Eliminated:
    Preda (FBI Informant) - Cement Shoe'd
    Phyphor (Organization Member) - Arrested
    The Anonymous (Organization Member) - Arrested
    Kime (Boss's Daughter / Interim Boss) - Overdose?
    MegaFrost (Organization Member) - Overdose?

Day 5 ends at 10pm MST on Friday. Vote to remove someone from the game with a red vote

All actions should be submitted in the same PM that you received your role.

PMs are going out now

ObiFett on
  • Options
    All PMs are out. If you think you should have gotten one, please let me know

Inactivus warning for @Auralynx

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, I would've voted for Preda if I hadn't gone comatose after working a full shift then sitting through an 8-hour training session. I feel vindicated, and very worried!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Finally.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I think we're screwed.

But, just in case we're not, I have one more theory.
    If the snitches run off Favor just like the rest of us, then the amount of extra kills they're getting lines up with JPants and Cythraul hitting 3 votes each on Flarne and Drez.
    If they don't, and gain favor off killing villagers, then I'd expect there to be a lot more killing, because all our vote records are rubbish aside from these two players.
    Drez, Assuran, Flarne, INATP and Lucedes are all on 4 villager votes (counting me as villager against Drez).

I suggest we try and kill off JPants and Cythraul tonight in the hopes that they're the ones killing us at a higher rate.

At the very least, killing these two players will clear their targets if JPants and Cythraul turn out villager.

Still, considering Flarne was awake the night of the specialcide, I don't see JPants coming up clean. I think they both must be mafia.

• Options
    And then I realise I coloured Aura villager because he went inactive for a day.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Were I you, I'd be coloring me villager because I was the target of the Preda counter-wagon. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay, here are the vote records for the alive people:
    Aura:
    Hedgethorn, TA, cesareB, None,
    bedlam:
    Aura, ebum, CesareB, INATP
    assuran:
    Baidol, Sepah, Sepah, Discrider
    SlyM:
    Ebum, Ebum, CesareB, Preda
    JPants:
    Flarne, Flarne, Flarne, discrider
    Lucedes:
    ahava, kime, TA, Aura
    Cythraul:
    MrT, Drez, Drez, Drez
    Flarne:
    Gizzy, ketbra, Bedlam, Bedlam
    INATP:
    Langly, Aura, Aura, Aura
    Drez:
    MrT, cesareB, cesareB, Discrider
    Discrider:
    Drez, Drez, cesareB, Aura
    capfalcon:
    kime, kime, kime, Preda

Edit: bluh I keep records good I'm so sick of being awful at this game what even god dammit.

discrider on
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Were I you, I'd be coloring me villager because I was the target of the Preda counter-wagon. :mrgreen:

Counter-wagon?
    I see a "Disc is bad at playing this game" wagon.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Although it would make sense for Preda to vote on the wagon with the least mafia in it so they could try and save him by jumping from me to you.

discrider on
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

Counter-wagon?
    I see a "Disc is bad at playing this game" wagon.

At this point, I'm reasonably sure that either you or Drez (Maybe both) are feigning confusion and know exactly what's going on. Inatp. and I have a longstanding animosity, which I suspect is driving his vote, but he might just think I'm a snitch and be wrong or be a snitch and think I'm a not-snitch target they can stick votes to. Don't know about Lucedes!

So, for science, let's get the ball rolling on Drez.

• Options
    I wish I was feigning confusion.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    OoOooOoOooOoOooOooooOooOOOOoOooOOoO

I got a favor! I got a favor! I got--

OoOooOoOooOoOooOooooOooOOOOoOooOOoO

• Options
    I wasn't sure what to think about Auralynx last night, but failing to vote is a pretty big miss. That may be a bluff, but I'm willing to accept, for the moment, the unlikelihood of a snitch risking inactivus death at this stage of the game. Not to mention the counter-wagon.

I also wish I understood what was going on. I hate to fault discrider for at least putting forth theories, since I'm certainly not doing that, but it's not an uncommon mafia tactic to try to control the flow of conversation while sewing confusion. For instance: The "we killed two snitches" thing was an interesting waste of time. It was a legitimate mistake, but it also could have been discrider's attempts to give us warm and fuzzies and waste time looking in the wrong direction. I really don't know.

I don't have any particular evidence, but I'm not sure I believe that the snitches gain favor the same way we do, or that they can use it for kills. I'm not sure though. I think it would be a bit weird, though. I mean a part of being mafia has always been to try to swing the bandwagon toward the village. Granting them favor for voting for snitches puts them at something of a disadvantage, or at least requires them to play a much trickier game. Then again, I don't know what abilities they have - it might balance out.

What alarms me are the three people who voted for the same person three times in a row. It may seem self-serving, but since !Cythraul hasn't really given a reason to vote for me three times in a row (unless I missed it - I'll go check - I don't remember seeing anything), I'm going to place my vote on him for the time being. The day is still young, though. I'm concerned about JPants. I'm also concerned about INATP.

I'm tempted to vote for discrider for a few reasons: One, I'm a villager so whatever theory he has concocted about Cythraul gaining favor and thus extra kills for voting for me is wrong. Two, it's not the first assertion he has put forward that is wrong.

Then again, I've asserted a few things that are wrong. So I can't fault him for that alone.

Day is still young, though. Do we really only have 11 people left? How many snitches you reckon? 2 more? 3 more?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Aura

Let's see where this thing leads. Plus, I want some favor.

• Options
    Why Aura?

Can we, like, post reasons for our votes? It's Day 5.

• Options
    Why not at this point? Plus, I'm voting for someone who's been voted for 3 times by someone and lived.

If INANTP says he didn't get a seer result, I'll change as he'll be defacto confirmed.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Drez, we're probably looking at 4 or 5 mafia still left.
    We may still be able to win, but the village will have to be 100% co-ordinated. Or thereabouts.

discrider on
  • Options
    Unless INATP is a snitch.

I must be missing something.

• Options
    @ObiFett‌
    Does the vote act before a person's abilities?

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

That is true. But if he's a snitch, my guess is that Aura is also a snitch.

• Options
    I also had my count wrong Drez. It could well be that INATP/Aura are the mafia voting buddies getting kills as opposed to Cythraul voting you.

• Options
    Oh ffs.
    Capfalcon is still in the game.
    Rechanging that vote count up there.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

That is true. But if he's a snitch, my guess is that Aura is also a snitch.

Still not a snitch. You're simply mistaken or yourself mafia.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Right, so, here's my thoughts on supposed villagers:
    Me, Drez (because I don't believe I would have lived long if I had two mafia points to my record), SLyM for last minute Preda voting, INATP (because he got role blocked), Aura (because INATP isn't dead).

This pretty much makes JPants 100% a snitch. Because if he weren't, then either Flarne or Bedlam would have to be in the 5 remaining snitches. And that would mean either Flarne or JPants would be dead by now.
    Flarne is likely a snitch too, if my vote for a snitch, get power, kill people theory has any credence.
    Assuran got Sepah killed, so quite likely a snitch. Also his reasoning above sort of sucks.
    Flarne is voting bedlam, probably hoping to soak in more snitchiness. Maybe even caused the second kill last night that way.
    And capfalcon didn't die last night because magic Preda clean house immunity? Phyphor died last night, and if INATP was a villager, that pretty much just says the mafia had no-one left to hit with a record. So why is capfalcon still alive.

Snitches: Please don't vote.

Everyone else, kill JPants please. And roleblock Flarne. All the roleblocks.

discrider on
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Right, so, here's my thoughts on supposed villagers:
    Me, Drez (because I don't believe I would have lived long if I had two mafia points to my record), SLyM for last minute Preda voting, INATP (because he got role blocked), Aura (because INATP isn't dead).

This pretty much makes JPants 100% a snitch. Because if he weren't, then either Flarne or Bedlam would have to be in the 5 remaining snitches. And that would mean either Flarne or JPants would be dead by now.
    Flarne is likely a snitch too, if my vote for a snitch, get power, kill people theory has any credence.
    Assuran got Sepah killed, so quite likely a snitch. Also his reasoning above sort of sucks.
    Flarne is voting bedlam, probably hoping to soak in more snitchiness. Maybe even caused the second kill last night that way.
    And capfalcon didn't die last night because magic Preda clean house immunity? Phyphor died last night, and if INATP was a villager, that pretty much just says the mafia had no-one left to hit with a record. So why is capfalcon still alive.

Snitches: Please don't vote.

Everyone else, kill JPants please. And roleblock Flarne. All the roleblocks.

If your analysis is correct, maybe we tie the vote for the five of them, use our favor/roleblock on all five of them, and achieve ULTIMATE VICTORY!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Why not at this point? Plus, I'm voting for someone who's been voted for 3 times by someone and lived.

If INANTP says he didn't get a seer result, I'll change as he'll be defacto confirmed.

i received a PM informing me that i was detained by the FBI, this was a roleblock apparently identical to our Suspicion power

i am on 2 potential favour with auralynx as a result

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Im wey too dronk to defens myself againdt these allegatuons. Ita midsummer!

I voted beflam cause Evum said he gave me favor day2. I didnt want to tell erryonw cause I figirer if he was mafia rhey wouldt know I was 1 day ahead of it.

Anyway I used call favor ladt night and got norhing so I guess either ebum lied ans I guardef or he dint but bedlam isbt mfia and I roleblovked.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Flarne wrote: »
    Im wey too dronk to defens myself againdt these allegatuons. Ita midsummer!

I voted beflam cause Evum said he gave me favor day2. I didnt want to tell erryonw cause I figirer if he was mafia rhey wouldt know I was 1 day ahead of it.

Anyway I used call favor ladt night and got norhing so I guess either ebum lied ans I guardef or he dint but bedlam isbt mfia and I roleblovked.
    ^And that is where the second extra mafia kill came from last night.
    Flarne's Call in Favor action.

The first one being JPants' Call in Favor action. I'm betting he got some Favor from ebum or kime as well.

Quoted because drunk Flarne could well delete this later.

discrider on
  • Options
    OOOOOOoooooOOOOO

Drunk posts are best posts :P

OOOOOOOoooOOOOOOO

Steam profile
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, did anyone try an action last night and end up having a DIFFERENT action happen?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph