Options

oh shit I didn't realize it was time for [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    comic170.png

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    bowen wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Goddamnit. Some superglue got splashed onto my glasses and it's fuckin' impossible to remove. Now I have to go try and make an emergency appointment because I need a new prescription before anyone will give me glasses. Then I have to wait 2 weeks.

Maybe try zenni optical with your old Rx?

Glasses are a scam.

zenni is good, you just need the numbers and you can get new glasses. shipping takes a while though

Also, acetone/nail polish remover will remove superglue if its actual glass(it works really well). If its plastic, soapy water soaked cloth sealed to it in plastic wrap for a few hours, unwrap and then remove any softened glue, repeat till gone. Always blot, don't wipe, you will just smear the softened glue.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Goddamnit. Some superglue got splashed onto my glasses and it's fuckin' impossible to remove. Now I have to go try and make an emergency appointment because I need a new prescription before anyone will give me glasses. Then I have to wait 2 weeks.

nail polish remover with acetone will remove superglue.

it will work very well on glasses as well.

Acetone will wreck the glasses since they aren't actually glass, they're plastic.

The plastic lenses are already likely screwed. Superglue eats up polycarbonate and will cause it to craze and crack eventually.

I don't care what happens to them in a few months. I just need there to not be a big blur right in the middle of my vision until I can get new glasses.

Yea, the only luck I had getting that stuff off was by getting it cold and chipping it off. Wouldn't want to try that with an optical surface underneath. Finding something hard enough to let you put force on the superglue that won't scratch the shit out of the polycarbonate is going to be tough. Maybe tape off everything that isn't superglue with masking tape and use some softer plastic like polypropylene.

I don't know what the lense that was under the superglue is going to look like even if you can get it off. It's optical clarity might already be shot.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Earlier conversation, but I just want to say that RDJ's performance in Tropic Thunder is a national treasure, much like Crocodile Dundee, and if "blackface" is what you took away from it you missed the whole point of his ridiculous jab at method acting, and more specifically method actors.

I really hate it when people take a controversial piece of media, strip it of context, and then say LOOK, cism!

You can't do that. I mean, you're allowed in the sense that no one is going to stop you, but it is really, really telling.

This type of outrage is what ruined any meaningful conversation I could have had about Cloud Atlas when I went to see it. Some folks were so riled up about "yellowface".

This is why I've just decided to steer clear of arguements about standup comedians in general. 9 times out of 10, the outrage of the week is taking a comedian out of context. The other 10% just lies in the fact that standup comedians are fucking dysfunctional, jesus, give them a break.

So you are either
    1. Taking someone out of context
    2. Picking on a mentally ill person

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    For the love of Saint Peter, it's Seseme Street.

No?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hm the tip of my finger is mysteriously swelling and hurts a little when I push on the side of it. Hmmm

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Avenue Q did hilarious things with Gay Bert

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hm the tip of my finger is mysteriously swelling and hurts a little when I push on the side of it. Hmmm

amputate

better safe than sorry

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Bert and Ernie aren't gay and the creators have come out and said "not everything has to be shipped, can't they just be friends in this childlike world?"

icon-new-chip.jpg

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Bert and Ernie aren't gay and the creators have come out and said "not everything has to be shipped, can't they just be friends in this childlike world?"

icon-new-chip.jpg

Pretty sure they both had a crush on Gadget.

• Options
    however, here is a hella dark fanmade movie called Ernest and Bertrand that is definitely worth your 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeNdsoCIgc

Super NSFW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Earlier conversation, but I just want to say that RDJ's performance in Tropic Thunder is a national treasure, much like Crocodile Dundee, and if "blackface" is what you took away from it you missed the whole point of his ridiculous jab at method acting, and more specifically method actors.

I really hate it when people take a controversial piece of media, strip it of context, and then say LOOK, cism!

You can't do that. I mean, you're allowed in the sense that no one is going to stop you, but it is really, really telling.

This type of outrage is what ruined any meaningful conversation I could have had about Cloud Atlas when I went to see it. Some folks were so riled up about "yellowface".

This is why I've just decided to steer clear of arguements about standup comedians in general. 9 times out of 10, the outrage of the week is taking a comedian out of context. The other 10% just lies in the fact that standup comedians are fucking dysfunctional, jesus, give them a break.

So you are either

in fairness, there are definitely points where it's ok to call the comedian on their shit. Having a microphone and a personality disorder isn't carte blanche to say whatever the fuck you like.

• Options
    sad kermit is the best thing

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gawd, Photobucket is the worst image host.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm trying to think, was it Family Guy that had a clip of "NYP Sesame" that showed Ernie and Bert? All I remember from it is "Bert, stop yelling Bert." and him responding with "Well if you stopped leaving cookie crumbs in the bed!"

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

cloud atlas was confusing

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    And, of course, there is always the ultimate in fucked up "muppet" movies.

Meet the Feebles.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Why use anything other than imgur or gfycat?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

amputate

better safe than sorry

Gonna give it a day. Pray on it. Etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

So you are either

in fairness, there are definitely points where it's ok to call the comedian on their shit. Having a microphone and a personality disorder isn't carte blanche to say whatever the fuck you like.

I don't disagree with you at all, in theory. Unfortunately these conversations quickly go from "This wasn't a funny joke and he/she is an asshole" to "You can never tell this type of joke ever/ These types of jokes aren't OK"

Which offends me deeply, because there's no such thing as a forbidden joke. There's bad jokes. There's saying shitty things that aren't even a joke, but there is no such thing as a forbidden topic.

• Options
    sad kermit is the best thing

Hey, it's not easy being green.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

amputate

better safe than sorry

remember

the early amputation gets the worm

don't count your fingers until you've amputated

an amputated finger is worth two in the bush

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

amputate

better safe than sorry

remember

Man two in the bush is way better than an amputated finger.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

So you are either

I don't disagree with you at all, in theory. Unfortunately these conversations quickly go from "This wasn't a funny joke and he/she is an asshole" to "You can never tell this type of joke ever/ These types of jokes aren't OK"

Which offends me deeply, because there's no such thing as a forbidden joke. There's bad jokes. There's saying shitty things that aren't even a joke, but there is no such thing as a forbidden topic.

what about jokes about he-who-must-not-be-named

919UOwT.png
  • Options

So you are either

I had another post half way typed up but is wasn't nearly as succinct as this. Yup, this is how I feel about it too.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Why use anything other than imgur or gfycat?

Tell that to the people that use Photobucket.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    emnmnme wrote: »

icon-new-chip.jpg

Pretty sure everyone had a crush on Gadget.

(didn't actually watch Rescue Rangers, because we didn't get the Disney Channel)

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

amputate

better safe than sorry

Sounds like what happened with me with an in-grown toe nail.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

amputate

better safe than sorry

remember

an amputated finger in the bush

a finger amputated by the bush

amputate finger

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Guys I spun fire poi this weekend for the first time. The burn crew was super knowledgeable and helpful and the safety briefing beforehand was very thorough (they had a pretty niggling conversation about the specific fabric composition of my friend's dress which ended in her going back to camp to change before burning).

Once you're holding two flaming, naphtha-soaked balls of kevlar it apparently causes you to forget all the cool things you know how to do with poi :blush:

So glad I did it, though.

kevlar? suprised they don't use Nomex

I made these myself. It's kevlar rope around a 2" wood block, secured with an eye hook to some stainless steel ball chain.

cgEEuKal.jpg

Why would Nomex be preferable?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    I'm trying to think, was it Family Guy that had a clip of "NYP Sesame" that showed Ernie and Bert? All I remember from it is "Bert, stop yelling Bert." and him responding with "Well if you stopped leaving cookie crumbs in the bed!"

I think it was Homicide: Life on Sesame Street

but yeah

Family Guy is horrible

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Some douchebag is using up my phonebattery by calling all day.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    is there an easy way to import photobucket stuff into imgur

• Options
    In the thread about that tumblr comedian rape threat kerfuffle last week (don't look it up unless you want your day to be made considerably worse), someone on r/standup posted that their local mic has a big sign up that says "No rape jokes, you're not Louis" which I think is a perfectly ok thing for them to say and enforce in order to protect their business.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »

amputate

better safe than sorry

remember

an amputated finger in the bush

a finger amputated by the bush

amputate finger

There is a documentary about this, I think it's called Teeth.

• Options
    I guess a good example of this is Greg Fitzsimmons. He tells a joke about his racist grandmother coming to visit him and wanting to meet his girlfriend, who is black. It's a good story. At one point he dons an "old lady" voice and drops an n bomb. The joke is funny as shit. He sets a great amount of context, makes it super clear where he stands on the situation, and then mocks an old racist. He gets in trouble for it, ON THE RECORDING, of the joke. Which is silly.

That's a funny joke. He was playing a character. You can't just extract the epitaph from that joke and lynch him for it.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    My nephew or whatever watches Princess Sophia.

She and her princess friends will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes to that land.

• Options
    WmuPlx4.jpg

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ate 2 eggs

vomited violently

gonna be a bad day I think

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.