As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] Firefly RPG - S1E01, What’s Yours Is Mine

18910111214»

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    should we roll to try and pry info out of people?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus If you'd like to chat up the locals, go for it.

@Oats @Captain Carrot The woman fitting the description of Marion Morrison looks around the bar, giving searching looks to each of the patrons. Occasionally, she glances down at her pad, as if referring to something. Eventually, she comes to James' face, considers for a moment, then approaches him. "Are you James Hong? If you are, I'd like to buy you and the crew a round of drinks."

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Art'll be sat at the bar, hat over his face as a quick disguise, looking disinterested in James.

He's nursing a watered down beer, and doing his best to act drunker than he truly is.

Geth, roll 1d10;1d8;1d12;1d6 for Social/Harmless Looking/Sneak/Hide in Plain Sight

Social/Harmless Looking/Sneak/Hide in Plain Sight:
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]
    1d12 8 [1d12=8]
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Oats 13 > 11, success. I'll buy your 1 and give you a d6 Drunk? complication. I also have a Opportunity on the table.

The bartender gives you a suspicious eye when you slop your drink, but showing that you can get the glass back on the table means you get a pass - for now.
    Geth, roll 1d6;1d8;1d8;1d8 for Social, Influence, Tougher than she looks, and Let's have a few drinks (Oats)

Game Status
    James Hong (Captain Carrot) - 1 PP
    Artemis "Art" McGraw (Oats) - 2 PP, d6 Drunk? complication
    Shiva (vertroue) - 1 PP
    Juliana Balani (Kirindal) - 1 PP, d10 Big Damn Hero die
    Rosie O'Malley (Grunt's Ghosts) - 1 PP
    Tomas Archer (TheRoadVirus) - 1 PP, d6 Big Damn Hero die
    John Alexander (webguy20) - 1PP

GM Bank: 7 PPs

Social, Influence, Tougher than she looks, and Let's have a few drinks (Oats):
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    James nods briskly.

"Indeed. I'll let them know; I'm sure they'll appreciate your generosity."

He waves over Art, Tomas, John, and Rosie.

"Our client is graciously providing us with a drink. You can all handle alcohol and business, I assume?"

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Well isn't that interesting. Juliana took a moment to digest the information that she had found out. The reputation of this Badger was quite promising, she wondered if his reach really was that extensive. A little extra cover was a valuable thing in her...Juliana corrected herself...their line of business if she could get into his good graces. Besides, a man like him surely had his ear pulled extra wide for any valuable information, information like say any black marks on du Bujac that might come in handy. It was time perhaps to go bandy a bit of cant with Badger.

Kirindal on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "So!" Tomas says as he fakes a hiccup "Anyoyou know where some folk could find a job? Or hear any good stories?"
    He leans in with a conspiratorial grin on his face. "Anyone ever tellya the story of the Scilla?"

Geth, roll 1d6 for social
    Geth, roll 1d8 for chatterbox
    Geth, roll 1d6 influence?

social:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    chatterbox:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]
    influence?:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Bump

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    @Oats @TheRoadVirus @webguy20 @Grunt's Ghosts @Captain Carrot Morrison makes sure each of you has a glass with a couple shots of the estery smelling whiskey before continuing. "The job's simple. Swipe a shipment of raw metal and ore before it gets delivered. The catch is, I don't know when or where it's taking place. I still have some friends back on Hannibal, and du Bujac has made more enemies than I can count. It shouldn't be difficult to find some information from the miners or other townsfolk. Once you've got the shipment info, swipe it and we split the profits. Not the easiest payday, but you get to pull the wool over on a guy that has it coming. And well-earned money spends sweeter, anyhow."

@TheRoadVirus Morrison blinks. "Uh... no?"

@Kirindal‌ Setting up a meeting with Badger isn't a big deal... depending on how you want to go in. Are you looking to hire his services, become a hireling of his, or just present as an interested party?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    James frowns, thinking furiously.

"So a quiet trip to Hannibal, a bit of recon, and then a knock on the airlock? Sounds doable. You folks think you can handle that?"

He glances over at the team.

• Options
    It was polite to introduce yourself to the local boss. Best to find out just how big a cut he expected from local jobs as well as let him know that Juliana was available for any business that he may need handling. Once this job at the mines was done. Besides, Juliana was curious just what was the going rate for potentially having an shipment of ore end up in his lap.

Juliana went searching for a local that could direct her to where Badger did his business.

• Options
    *A few minutes later*
    "So I saw my chance to get out of there. I turned that plasma welder into a flamecaster and made my way out of there. Anyone who tried to stand in my way either caught a spanner to the head or felt a dragon's kiss."

He downs another shot from the bottle on the table
    "Y'see, I can do what needs doing. Do you have anything that needs doing? I run with a crew that has proven themselves to be pretty handy. Not the most discreet things in the 'verse. Not just yet."

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    John chuckled to himself as he drained his shot. Simple jobs were rarely that. He glances at James and Morrison,

"It can be handled but if you think its that simple, well you wait and see."

"Morrison, you know what kind of goons this guy employs or are we going to have to hunt down that info too? I don't want to be knocking politely on their airlock and get a bolt through the chest."

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Buying a snack of sugared almonds, Juliana wended her way through the crowds. This planet was unfamiliar to her, but the Docks felt a bit like home. Not really a bad place to kick back now and then. Well assuming the heat wasn't on her, the food was decent and the locals were...well locals. Now someone here had to know how to set up a meeting with Badger for her.
    Geth roll 3#1d8 for Social, Know, Friends in Low Places
    Geth roll 1d6 for Underworld specialty

Social, Know, Friends in Low Places:
    3#1d8 3 # 6 [1d8=6] 7 [1d8=7] 3 [1d8=3]
    Underworld specialty:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

• Options
    Art's actually getting a little... looser than normal. This must be stronger drink than he's used to. He's actually cracking a smile without violence being particularly imminent.

Art waves for another coupla shots.

This planet ain't half bad.

• Options
    pokes

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Sorry for delay! I've had kind of a weird week with an unplanned trip and other (mostly good) life shakeupy things. Update soon!

• Options
    woooooooooo

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    rawr

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    James frowns, thinking furiously.

"So a quiet trip to Hannibal, a bit of recon, and then a knock on the airlock? Sounds doable. You folks think you can handle that?"

He glances over at the team.

"Sounds like fun. When do we start?" Rosie looks down at the drink in front of her. Nothing worth noting she thinks to herself as she downs it.