As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gentlemen, you can't [Chat] in here, this is the War Room!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man.

We're certainly of the opinion that ever being mad is beneath us up in here.

If only we all had the collective self control of people who never got angry and looked down on others for it.

you are learning, grasshopper

(for real though learning not to go berserk at the slightest provocation or frustration is the very first social lesson that functional human beings learn in this world. u should have this licked around kindergarten or so.)

also "don't bottle it up" is the worst tip ever

bottle it up, keep it inside, control it, and it goes away

a useful definition of adult would be having learned to not be controlled by your emotions

Slight modification. Bottle it in the moment, but that shit has an expiration date and you best find some healthy outlets to deal with the aggression in your life.

Sitting on a mountain of anger with no outlet eventually leads to bad things.

No, because it doesn't work like that. Pressure doesn't build, you don't need an outlet. It's not a gas. You calm down, and it goes away.

You need ways to clear your mind, not to let out aggression.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Geth knows what's up

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Man.

If only we all had the collective self control of people who never got angry and looked down on others for it.

(for real though learning not to go berserk at the slightest provocation or frustration is the very first social lesson that functional human beings learn in this world. u should have this licked around kindergarten or so.)

a useful definition of adult would be having learned to not be controlled by your emotions

Slight modification. Bottle it in the moment, but that shit has an expiration date and you best find some healthy outlets to deal with the aggression in your life.

i direct all my anger against the rules of gramar and spelin

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    destiny looks sick as balls

looking forward to playing it with PA crew

elki Deebaser‌ syndalis‌

any other xboners on here these days?
    it is pretty good...i wasn't expecting to like it, not a huge halo fan, but the fact that i'm playing it more in beta than i did in alpha, despite it being 80% the same content, is a good sign for me

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys. Ever being upset about video games ever is just dumb and you should feel ashamed about it.

This is just the case.

Not really, no. I am sensing some pent up frustration against fans being released onto this ideology though.

People who play video games are the fucking worst.

And yet domestic violence rises measurably every time there's a world cup game but that's fine it's not video games

Um, this seems like a variation on the myth that Super Bowl Sunday causes a spike in domestic violence.

Fourth of July and New Years are neck and neck for the honor of causing the biggest DV spike iirc.

Generally the build up period around the holidays is where you see the spike.

This is not true in my experience.

e: At least, the spike in actually requesting a restraining order came after holidays.

It's the stats collected from various DV helplines. I assume the delay you're seeing has to do with family and ease of access.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i get so mad at everything that i became a supervillain briefly.

didn't work out, though. turns out that you can't weaponize impotent anger.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    and it is surprisingly good, mostly

I mean just the fact that it isn't horrifying and soul-rending is amazing

but it was pretty good re: disabilities and shit

and yes I have played it

One of the things that was interesting considering it was 4chan made there is a check box that turns off all the sex stuff so you just get the story.

also the fact that that button would also cut out a bit of the story

there was no gratuitious sex scenes

or, well, there was in the one storyline but that's because all of it was terribly written and I'd like a button that disabled like all of that one but they had different writers for different things

for the most part the game was adorable

It is a game I would of never touched if it wasn't for [chat] talking about it.

The game actually brought the feels for me.

I was fucking shocked.

I know!

I am glad I did go "Okay fuck it let's check out this weird thing" because that was a pleasant surprise

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    As long as I can get ten to fifteen minutes, I'm fine dealing with anger. Even that much gets me to calm down and just let it vanish - don't even need to bottle it up.

It's when I can't get that ten to fifteen minutes of separation that bad shit starts happening.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I tend to get frustrated more than straight up mad.

I have learned to differentiate between the two.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I get mad maybe once a year. It's something I find difficult to relate to

The one thing that really makes me mad is other people getting mad.

There is very little in the world that makes me angry. But when people get angry at me I can get absolutely furious.

You getting mad at other people getting mad makes me mad.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    nevermind. i fix

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Geth

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I have the patience of a saint.

Comes with two little boys.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Should've called, dumbo loser! (that didn't sound any better, did it, your fault for your username)

My butt is sore today. Did a lot of leg press yesterday. Only doing like 250-300lb sets of 8-10, I think I can up it to 350 and do 6-8 or GO MAX POWER.

My chest is expanding, but how dost I get shoulders.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    I get mad maybe once a year. It's something I find difficult to relate to

you didn't get mad when your faulty design sent a flaming ball of fire into a crowd of people

you have transcended anger

Why would I have gotten mad at that? That was awesome.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I get mad all the time. Usually it is at Lud and then I'm over it about 10 seconds later but I'm too stubborn to admit it.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Christ Sycho Sid is bad on the mic.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Man.

No, because it doesn't work like that. Pressure doesn't build, you don't need an outlet. It's not a gas. You calm down, and it goes away.

The problem is when people stew in it, and spend time thinking about being angry. That's when it gets the worst.

But just letting go and forgetting it works. Once the anger is out of your mind it's just gone.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'm sorry guys. Ever being upset about video games ever is just dumb and you should feel ashamed about it.

This is just the case.

Not really, no. I am sensing some pent up frustration against fans being released onto this ideology though.

People who play video games are the fucking worst.

And yet domestic violence rises measurably every time there's a world cup game but that's fine it's not video games

Um, this seems like a variation on the myth that Super Bowl Sunday causes a spike in domestic violence.

Fourth of July and New Years are neck and neck for the honor of causing the biggest DV spike iirc.

Generally the build up period around the holidays is where you see the spike.

This is not true in my experience.

e: At least, the spike in actually requesting a restraining order came after holidays.

It's the stats collected from various DV helplines. I assume the delay you're seeing has to do with family and ease of access.

That makes sense. A lot of people don't ask for restraining orders after DV or wait for a while before deciding to do it.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I think Destiny will be good but since I am balls deep in Skyrim I have a hard time caring about it

Which isn't Destiny specific. I'm having a pretty hard time giving a fuck about any not Skyrim game at the moment.

But I'll burn out on Skyrim eventually and then move on and it'll be all good.

• Options
    I almost got angry with my best mate's girlfriend week before last. Me and him always have arguments about everything between heaven and earth and it can seem really angry and fired up from the outside but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Avoid discussing politics with her in the future, I guess. Or, politics that aren't like, foreign or agricultural or economic policy.

Welfare, is what I need to avoid. Damn near lost my cool. Which would not have been cool.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I was also super tired from work and we were all getting pretty drunk so just like, man, that was not the time to be all about how people should just pull themselves together and deal with their problems it's not that hard

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Everyone has their buttons that can be pushed for anger. If you don't get angry often then you've done well to mold your life around avoiding those buttons or people who will try to push them. Honestly, if you're not an asshole, that's what most people do all the time when choosing social groups and living / work environments.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    smoking maybe $45 worth of kine bud

idk what kine bud is but $45 is a lot of pot to smoke

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Sports make me hurt inside, on account of the losing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Man.

The problem is when people stew in it, and spend time thinking about being angry. That's when it gets the worst.

But just letting go and forgetting it works. Once the anger is out of your mind it's just gone.

Drinking can be really good for that.

Or really bad.

There doesn't tend to be much of a middle ground when it comes to drinking and letting go of anger.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    OTLC has a hajillion achievements.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, I've got the best boyfriend

...for like another week and 4 days...

Totally not my business but this is a thing that I cannot fathom or understand. It is literally the most foreign concept I've ever encountered on these forums.

¯\(°_o)/¯

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    BEAST! wrote: »

elki Deebaser‌ syndalis‌

it is pretty good...i wasn't expecting to like it, not a huge halo fan, but the fact that i'm playing it more in beta than i did in alpha, despite it being 80% the same content, is a good sign for me

r u playing on ps4 or peecee?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Everyone has their buttons that can be pushed for anger. If you don't get angry often then you've done well to mold your life around avoiding those buttons or people who will try to push them. Honestly, if you're not an asshole, that's what most people do all the time when choosing social groups and living / work environments.

I volunteer to get shouted at and get death threats spat in my face, for fun!

Staying calm is p dang important.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I don't get mad very often, like super infrequently

BUT

when other people get mad, I laugh in their face

and that certainly doesn't help the situation.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I'm always angry

/Hulk

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »

elki Deebaser‌ syndalis‌

r u playing on ps4 or peecee?

Its not on PC, master race my ass

just ps3/4 and 360/xbone

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I've never gotten angry at a game

I have gotten angry at other people in those games

get frustrated a lot tho

override367 on
  • Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Man.

Drinking can be really good for that.

Or really bad.

There doesn't tend to be much of a middle ground when it comes to drinking and letting go of anger.

Going out drinking with friends will dissipate your anger like that if it makes you forget about it because you're busy having fun and being drunk

stewing on it + less impulse control may be a bad combo

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    As anyone who has worked in a call center, retail, or any other customer-facing job knows, the secret to dealing with anger is channeling it into passive-aggressiveness.

• Options
    I don't get mad very often, like super infrequently

BUT

when other people get mad, I laugh in their face

and that certainly doesn't help the situation.

there is nothing harder when some giant steroid monster is shouting about what he wants to do to you

threats are only cool on film

they are always ridiculous in real life but don't fucking laugh or you'll get your teeth kicked in no stop it stop it don't smile

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Mim did you see when I posted this earlier
    Moon Animate Make-Up is a crowdsourced group animation project to re-animate an episode of Sailor Moon shot-by-shot in each artist's personal style. From October 2013 to July 2014, over two hundred and fifty animators contributed at least one shot each to assemble a full length parody episode of Sailor Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhh6TZ6qCE

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    As anyone who has worked in a call center, retail, or any other customer-facing job knows, the secret to dealing with anger is channeling it into passive-aggressiveness.

One of my co-workers used to walk away with her hands up in the air going "NOPE. NOPE. NO. NO." and into the back room.

This discussion has been closed.