Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    recommended mods for FF7? come at me.
    And thanks to all that stopped by my stream. ^.^

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    No card today. Maybe tomorrow. :(

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    msmya wrote: »

The original music was patched in so I don't think there's any must-have mods anymore.
    Maybe one of the HD mods if you are finding the graphics too outdated but be warned that some of these mods will make you lose the ability to get steam achievements or use the cloud save.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I still have one more game to stream, as promised during the charity drive. So, I'm planning on playing (or at least starting) Among the Sleep this Thursday around 9 pm Eastern time on my Twitch channel. As always, I'll post shortly before starting!

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

The original music was patched in so I don't think there's any must-have mods anymore.
    Maybe one of the HD mods if you are finding the graphics too outdated but be warned that some of these mods will make you lose the ability to get steam achievements or use the cloud save.

nuuuu I want those achievements

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Freedom Planet has launched. The story stuff looks pretty corny but the gameplay looks like a blast. Nice to see some Genesis inspiration on the indie side too.

Inspiration may be a strong word. Looks just like a reskinned Sonic to me.

Except the characters have interesting gameplay.

Purple female was walking on ceilings and charging through the air

Green thing had a motorcycle

Yellow floppy ears had a green cube

I'm hooked.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Freedom Planet has launched. The story stuff looks pretty corny but the gameplay looks like a blast. Nice to see some Genesis inspiration on the indie side too.

I dunno, the actual moment to moment combat and gameplay don't seem much similar to Sonic. A lot of it seemed pretty Mega Man-ey.

But it apparently started out as a Sonic fangame. And really, if we're not going to get Sega to make a good sonic game these days, might as well let someone else do it.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

So, if it's any good, then indies made the next great Sonic game? ;)

Man, TERA has its hooks in me. A thanks to @Radiation for helping me out tonight! :D

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Visskar wrote: »
    Marikir wrote: »
    All of this talk about random MMOs from Steam are kinda wearing down my resistance to them.

Are there any that are...casual friendly? That won't require a lot of investment in time and even less money (I hate to say it, but FTP might be my best choice here, I guess)?

I'll echo what Ataxrxes said about The Secret World. it's very casual friendly. It has one of the more interesting worlds I've seen in MMO's, if nothing else should keep an eye on it for a steam sale.

I'd definitely recommend Secret World as well. After being gifted the Massive Edition earlier this month, I haven't been able to play anything else. Abandoned the Dragon to start a Templar inspired by Gard from the Dresden books, and have been having a great time. Made it to Egypt for the first time. At some point I really need to join the PA channel.

Considering you've put nearly two business weeks into it in the past two real weeks, I'd say you really stand behind your recommendation!

In that vein, I'd advise to people interested in The Secret World to look at my sig directly below this post and see what it says about TSW. I'm scared to look.

"Currently Playing"

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

I dunno, the actual moment to moment combat and gameplay don't seem much similar to Sonic. A lot of it seemed pretty Mega Man-ey.

But it apparently started out as a Sonic fangame. And really, if we're not going to get Sega to make a good sonic game these days, might as well let someone else do it.

This is a good point. SEGA's whole business strategy these days seems to be ignore/ruin old franchises.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    *installing TERA*

I may not get to it tonight, but perhaps later this week.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm not someone who grew up on sonic (nes kid) but I found generation to be enjoyable.

Edit: wow left out probably the most important word in that sentence. Ugh.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I grew up without Sonic and I found Generation immediately disorientating. As in, how can I speedrun what I do not know!?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I find Sonic and its speed not fun to play. You're often going so fast there is little to no skill involved. Just run through stuff until you hit a wall or hit an enemy and lose your rings.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That's about my thoughts on Sonic.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    oh hey I beat a game on Steam, Call of Juarez Gunslinger

dragged on maybe a little too long, but pretty decent overall
    I chose revenge
    too bad it doesn't have a TWD style thing where you can see the % of what people chose

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Ehh...heh..eh heheh...heh...

So...been out of thread a bit, but just noticed notices from @Sorce‌ and @Shade‌, and you both are very welcome and i do hope you enjoy. If you'd told a very young me i'd have more fun giving than recieving, i'd'a prolly popped you right in the nose, but there you go, we do actually grow up eventually.

Also...

@Iolo‌, @Talus9952‌ (hope i got the number right, there're 3 of youse), and @JMan711‌...guys...guys...i think y'all might'a killed me overhere...gah...this Borderlands 2 thing...it's just about out of control it is. i've looped into True Vault Hunter Mode now, up to the bit where you gotta get back into Sanctuary again with a lvl47 Maya...144ish hours clocked. And a let up in interest is

no

where

in

sight.

Ye gods and little fish.

Sa...at least tonight there's a forced pause for my birthday party tonight. It will be good to surface into the real world for a bit.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Well shit, this time, the faction that is getting annihilated is the Swadians, and they are being crushed into the middle of the map. I suppose I should sign up with them and start taking it back from someone, just not sure where.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I watched for a bit when you were in the first reactor.

Man, the cleaner models looks really weird next to the super hideous scaled non-combat backgrounds.

I understand that these were backgrounds that were initially drawn for a console that would display them at 320x200 so obviously stretching them to 1920x1080 is going to chunk them up a bit, but man I wish there was some other way.

Everyone is up Square's ass all the time to do a FFVII remake, but honestly I think it would be much cheaper for them to just replace all of the backgrounds with newly drawn versions and they'd be able to bill it as a remake for considerably less than redoing it all in 3D, and they'd probably still sell shitloads of copies.

Also, after rearranging my power leads to try and better diversify my power draw so that (hopefully) my PSU doesn't explode, I've been playing some Crysis 2. I'm super torn though, because there is a part of me that is upset that the game was so brutally consolified compared to the original Crysis, but there is another part of me that doesn't give a shit because I'm having so much fun stealthily sneaking up on dudes and riddling their spines with bullets then power-jumping onto a roof and dropping a grenade onto some other dudes before sprinting around a corner and setting up an ambush for the dudes that follow me.

Kinda sucks that the multiplayer is yet another casualty of The Bad Death of Eduard GameSpylacroix, because it would have been interesting to check it out.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The multiplayer was a joke as from day one people had hacked it.

• Options
    Now that GFWL has a slight reprieve from death, people should maybe get a Bulletstorm team together.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh hey, that Bandai Namco rep finally got back to me and so I guess I'm gonna go see some anime games at the end of the month?

I guess technically I rep this forum/thread, so anything you guys want me to ask or want to know about the following titles?
    Lords of the Fallen (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
    MotoGP 14 (PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, PC)
    Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS)
    Power Rangers Super Megaforce (3DS)
    Project Cars (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
    Ranko Tsukugime's Longest Day (PS3)
    Rise of Incarnates (PC)
    Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita)
    Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
    Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle (3DS)

edit: The email does mention I'll be under embargo for some of these titles, so I'll be sure to follow those rules so I don't get reamed up the butt.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @chris: waffle king, that is fantastic. I'm glad you are enjoying BL2 so much. Also, hi-5 Maya main. <3

In other news, a bunch of old codes I used in the last round of giveaways turned out to be duds. That's frustrating as I'm pretty certain they weren't ever activated by me. Probably.

Anyway, they are no longer reliable for gifting purposes. I'm putting them here, below. I hope folks will try them out in hopes of plucking whatever live games are left from the list. Normal etiquette of take one and post if you took it is off. Folks should grab as many as they want/can. They're dead to me so I'll be happy if they actually manage to make it to a gamebank. Happy hunting!
    Fractal : Make Blooms Not War IGI6V-T264V-XTAMP
    Serious Sam: The Random Encounter CYDIL-PMQ66-T3MPF
    Serious Sam Double D CPPYQ-ZRVPQ-H4Q4F
    Serious Sam: The First Encounter E9REN-QVTDV-Q26G8
    Serious Sam: The Second Encounter 02P3C-8JZBQ-6HFLM
    Defense Grid: The Awakening 8BDHR-776DP-DE5J4
    Resurgence Map 2 8FRQ6-JJENJ-ACRMK
    Resurgence Map 3 8BXXK-IRJRW-7RM3K
    Resurgence Map 4 8B8ZQ-HV5A8-QENK6
    Alien Zombie Megadeath 9936T-JDFRJ-3T86Z
    Astro Tripper AK3J6-63ZZT-QTA00
    Sniper Elite V2 A2C7H-PK3LP-AN24E
    Gatling Gears WX274-4YPHT-AA0QQ
    Bloody Trapland K0IV8-O17UB-58A71-U8RUU-LVXMN
    Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death LBI5K-8ZEV4-NBGR8
    Lucid DZBL4-38IER-BP5T7

Zombie Shooter 2 452CN-C7Q0C-XFFGJ
    Zombie Shooter 1 2VJFV-VNPMN-X66BY
    inMomentum 4BCV5-EC6CI-DCQWY
    Eets Munchies SXUC-DVFT-MY65-0N7Q
    LIMBO 5B8LZ-JC3TT-MD0DG

EDIT: Also, I need a guinea pig who Steams on a Mac. PM me please. ;)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Oh hey, that Bandai Namco rep finally got back to me and so I guess I'm gonna go see some anime games at the end of the month?

I guess technically I rep this forum/thread, so anything you guys want me to ask or want to know about the following titles?
    Lords of the Fallen (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
    MotoGP 14 (PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, PC)
    Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS)
    Power Rangers Super Megaforce (3DS)
    Project Cars (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
    Ranko Tsukugime's Longest Day (PS3)
    Rise of Incarnates (PC)
    Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita)
    Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
    Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle (3DS)

edit: The email does mention I'll be under embargo for some of these titles, so I'll be sure to follow those rules so I don't get reamed up the butt.

Not listed there, but I think there are several One Piece games that I like to ask on whether they'll be thinking of considering ports for PC...

I'd certainly like to play Pirate Warriors or Unlimited Red.
    They have ported a Dynasty Warriors' game and Naruto Shippuden: UNSR to PC when they were at least over a year from their original release dates, so I would to think there is a possibility.

EDIT: If possible, then ask about an English dubbed localization too. I like the Japanese dub release we already have in stores, but I always enjoyed the Funimation voice overs.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, I spent much, much of last night fighting with my router in an effort to get access to the internet again. It appeared to have finally worked around midnight, which given I had to come to work a few hours later, was probably just as well. But it at least was working last week, when I was off. WHich lets me segue into an "OMG guys I actually cleared some backlog" thing.

1. Shadowrun: Dragonfall. This is so good. It took the promises made by Dead Man's Switch, and actually delivered on them. Mechanically Dragonfall is the same as DMS - a bit of a shame, because the mechanics are still a bit clunky. But the environments are totally different, and they look...terribly appropriate for a post-apocalyptic/semi-fantasy Berlin. Loved that. Also your NPC party is now persistent. Though you can't manage their progression yourself, they all have distinct personalities, stories you can discuss with them, and more of a sense of character than the rather disassociated hirelings available in DMS. The Berlin hub is a bit nicer to run around in, too, and there's a new system for accepting missions which is a bit more immersive. Skill checks play a larger part this time around as well - it's helpful not to just be a one-or-two-stat wonder. The plot is perfectly pitched for the mood, the slow burn of investigative paranoia and firefights that make up Shadowrun. The difficulty spikes here and there, but I never felt anything I was doing was impossible. Totally worth the effort, for the new environments and the narrative alone.

2. The Last Door. I wittered about this upthread somewhere, but suffice to say it's a pixel-art horror adventure game; sort of like if Monkey Island and Call of Cthulu had a baby. Freaked me out a few times, well written, brilliant use of environmental music.

3. Transistor. Finished one run of this, then promptly started New Game + ; it's very good. The Noir/Cyber theme is really well done. The voiceover fits the tone perfectly. The plot is sparse in a direct narrative, but supplemented heavily by in-game artefacts, which give more insight into the why of the process. Mechanically it's a brilliant fusion of real time, and turn-based planning. The music's pretty good too. Totally doesn't outstay its welcome, and thoroughly enjoyable.

4. The Wolf Among Us. Absolutely the top eighties-fairytale-detective-simulator I've played this year. In all seriousness, this is one of Telltale's better efforts, as adventure games go. I put this down just after Episode Three, and I ran through Episodes Four and Five over the weekend. The central mystery grows. The tension is ratcheted all the way up. There's a distinct sense of consequences for your choices, as everything heads into a climax. The game remains absolutely beautiful to look at, and I adore the theme tune. Mechanically it's similar to The Walking Dead, and that's not a bad thing. The UI is slick, intuitive, and makes you think fast during dialogue. Though I suspect many of the choices you make are superficial, there are enough in there with consequences to give the whole thing some gravitas. The narrative, the solving of the mystery, and the consequences for Fabletown - well, it doesn't pull many punches, and there is certainly a resolution to both of those facets. If you're a film noir fan, a mystery reader, or an adventure game fan - pick this up, do it now.

I'm back off holiday, so now have much less time, and looking for something to play - currently thinking Tesla Effect, but if anyone has any suggestions...

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Looking through my library for a shortish game to play while I wait for Divinity:OS to download. After the emotional ups and downs of Walking Dead followed by Gone Home I think I'll choose something light and fun to play. Oh, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons looks like a fun romp about two bros heading out on an adventure, shouldn't be many of what the kids now-a-days call 'feels' here...

:'(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I often find the shortest games to be the most gut punchy, because they can just hit you then leave.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    My machine hardlocked on load again. Three times in four days, all while doing heavy gaming.

Narrowed it down to my PSU not being able to supply enough power to my GPU, so in the interests of not causing any component damage I'm going to have to have to limit myself to not playing demanding games until I can pick up a new power supply. No more Crysis 2, no more Just Cause 2, no more Borderlands 2, no more Blood Dragon, no more Hawken, no more Insurgency, no more Dirt, no more Tomb Raider, no more Hot Pursuit, no more Space Hulk, no more (sniff) Colonial Marines (sorry @CorriganX).

To play it safe, my "gaming rig" for the next indeterminate period of time will be an eight year old Thinkpad.

This would probably be a lot more depressing if I wasn't currently playing through the awesome Eschalon series though. They are fun as shit and run on a toaster.

• Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Tried earlier to join in on the bandwagon of Firefall fans here. After making space, getting it all download and installed, I enjoyed the into well enough. The login screen told me my system was below spec, but I pressed on. When it informed me that my account wasn't old enough, I found no way to talk myself around that issue. Maybe see you guys on there in August!

TreadLife on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RayinerRayiner Registered User regular
    Did anyone try Neotokyo?

• Options
    Steam thread generosity begets things:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rayiner wrote: »
    Did anyone try Neotokyo?

Not yet, but I've been curious myself. Maybe I'll replace Firefall with that, for the time being.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    *installing TERA*

I may not get to it tonight, but perhaps later this week.

@Marikir I think most of us are on Tempest Reach?
    Not able to verify that currently.
    Tera today has pretty good information, from what I've been lead to believe.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    So, thanks to whoever told me I needed to play Saints Row 3. It's just crazy... I just drove around with a
    friggin' TIGER
    in the backseat. And I'm taking missions from a
    pimp that sounds like T-Pain

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had loads of fun with SR3. It was the perfect game to pour my life into while the wife and kiddo were gone. Especially since there were so many moments that...I would not want either of the walking into and glancing at.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    This one's for you @‌CorriganX

I believe this is a badger reenacting your playthrough of Amnesia

qjbpk1qbh1reuzbxikpj.gif

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've been playing some Freedom Planet and it's mostly pretty good, but I really don't like the boss fights.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    So, thanks to whoever told me I needed to play Saints Row 3. It's just crazy... I just drove around with a
    friggin' TIGER

And yet, after SR4, that all sounds so reasonable.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    friggin' TIGER

And yet, after SR4, that all sounds so reasonable.

SR3 goes to 11.

SR4 makes 10 (and 11) louder but then goes to 12.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    So it turns out my R7 260 is just not enough to play BioShock Infinite well. When it runs smoothly, it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, once I made it into the city proper, it started chugging between smears of buttery-smooth framerates. I played with the settings and even dropped to 720 res, but no dice. That's OK, it gives me a baseline of games I probably can't run well. Considering it's the only game I've had trouble with so far that I own, I can hold out until I do a full system upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.