Options

State mandated happiness thread

King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
edited July 2014 in Social Entropy++
Well I think weve all depressed ourselves a bit what with the awkward home invasions and hating our childhoods.
Time to cheer up

Post your stories of joy and enlightenment!

Ill start you off.
My neice is sick and her sole demand? A cheeseburger for breakfast.
Im not usually that leinient on what she eats but shes sick and shes being super picky so after my night shift I go to burger king and wait 30 minutes for them to open.

Then another 20 to get my food.
Then I hit road construction. I basically got home an hour later than normal.
Shes up and hungry so I give her the burger.

She takes two bites says shes done then runs over to her grandma. I mutter a bit then go into my bedroom. The neice walks in jumps on my bed and yells the biggest thank you Ive ever heard from her then she demands a hug .
I ask her why shes happy since I thought she didnt like the burger and she goes " I was saving it for later !"

So yeah the ten minutes of laughing really made up for the chore that preceded it. God bless toddlers

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
King Riptor on

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i'm going to watch wrestling live for the first time tonight and i'm very excited about it :smile:

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i'm going to watch wrestling live for the first time tonight and i'm very excited about it :smile:

What will your snacks be ?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    i will not buy any snacks because im sure they'll cost $texas

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    There comes a time in every man's life where his body becomes ready for him to have snacks.

Just be sure you find the right girl to share it with. You don't want to have snacks with just anyone.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I've started smiling more since Friday will be my last day at this stress inducing nightmare I call my job.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'm super depressed

yay!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm happy!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i ate pizza last night, and leftover pizza tonight

broken image link
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I won a $250 gift card at work yesterday, and I'm going to a baseball game tonight with a couple buddies.

I have no complaints.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am going to my first PAX this year! I am pretty excited!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I like learning math I guess? imaginary numbers are a neat concept.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am quickly approaching my PAX Prime / ACL / FloPAX (@sheri is this a thing this year?) super fun September/October. I usually get in a funk around this time of year and this stretch of vacations and fun stuff always brings me out of it.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    gonna be married by Christmas

SO. EXCITING.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I might go to Cedar Point this year.

Haven't been in a long time.

Roller Coasters make me happy.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    My boss is gone all week and my cat is super fuzzy, lovey and gooshy. Sadly, it's also 90'+ here now BUT THAT WILL NOT DILUTE MY JOY

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I also just got a new project at work!

It's super small and not the most interesting, but after 3-4 months of literally nothing it should do a lot to help me cheer up by not wasting 10 hours a day sitting bored at a desk.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    My new job is super awesome and we have nerf guns and my boss knows what the hell he's talking about and I get to work on cool stuff that's actually challenging so that's pretty great.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    There is literally already a thread about Mandatory Happiness though

that said

10353408_10154426508970055_7760801048274704921_o.jpg

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Extended outdoor lunch ahead of a "brain off, autopilot on" afternoon, and it is disgustingly nice out.

I'm okay with this!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I started taking antidepressants this weekend

Right now while they're building up in my system they're not really doing anything but making me sorta sleepy and euphoric

Which is pretty alllllllright with me

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    I am both far better-off and much more hopelessly screwed than anybody else I know. So far, it's looking like money can't buy happiness. Games and movies are proving to be a reasonable substitute for now, but I'd really like to stop feeling miserable most of the time. Maybe it's finally time I check to see if my health plan covers "professional person paid to listed to you complain about stuff and offer non-obvious advice".

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am going to break out one of my guitars since this week's rocksmith dlcs has
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFldGN3bXBU
    And
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqOsYRQI0o

But this is my favortive song to play on 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYkbTyHXwbs

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    got free cake yesterday,

and it was good cake!

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Uriel I went last year or so because my wife was meeting an old friend there. Rollercoaster may be fun but for me trying to fit in them is not.

Also the hour long wait.

And I don't like roller coasters.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I got a raise for being good at my job. I've only been at my new job a month and a half. Feeling pretty happy about it!

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I'm about to eat some awesome food. I'm about to break the six~ month mark after moving to the city, which means I'm allowed to stay forever. I am also learning to live slightly more in the moment while not losing track of my long term goals. Woo!!

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I reminded myself recently that I am actually pretty awesome in general, so I've been pretty good lately. Also I bought new slippers.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FAQ wrote: »
    got free cake yesterday,

and it was good cake!

what was the flavor

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    GSM wrote: »
    I am both far better-off and much more hopelessly screwed than anybody else I know. So far, it's looking like money can't buy happiness. Games and movies are proving to be a reasonable substitute for now, but I'd really like to stop feeling miserable most of the time. Maybe it's finally time I check to see if my health plan covers "professional person paid to listed to you complain about stuff and offer non-obvious advice".

If it's not making you any happier, keep what you need for living and savings and such, and use the rest to help make OTHER people happier. Donate to childrens charities, soup kitchens, scout troops, whatever tickles your fancy. Putting a smile on someone else's face always makes me feel better, no matter how shitty I may be feeling myself.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to the big beer festival this weekend!

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I've been stressed out and sore from work but @Weaver has been here to take care of me and give me hugs and foot rubs and beer and ice cream! He made me a nice dinner last night and gave me tea and lots of hugs because of my cold.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I recently learned how much a couple of unrelated events of people being shits can wreck me for a couple weeks. I am also learning to be happy in my body, and am stupid in love with the woman of my dreams, and am starting to make some money after about 2 months of self-imposed unemployment. Things are rad.

I gotta remember to just take my brain as it is at a given moment. I can't try to pick apart my thoughts and moods when I get stressed and my mind starts to feel like this big grinding clockwork. Rather I feel better when I acknowledge the stress and experience it.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I might have some exceptionally good news within the next 17 hours.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's either I take care of her or I have to sleep in the spider-pits.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I was feeling kinda down yesterday, so I channeled that into learning how to play the Last of Us theme on ukulele and now I can't stop playing it! It was from this guy's site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpmcMYMWZU

Tonight I'm finally putting the final touches on a (belated) wedding gift for two friends. There's an open source shop in town that has a laser cutter, so I'm doing his-and-hers crystal Paragon and Renegade glasses!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm sitting in the training room at work doing fine mandatory computer based learning and they are taking about diversity with some noobs and the trainer says "Diversity is..." and I quickly blurt out "an old, old wooden ship."

All the new people just stare at me. I was disappointed but I'd do it again.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Gonna go watch Jurassic Park in the theater with some friends. We all saw it when it first came out (don't want to look it up, don't want to feel that old) in theaters, so it should be a fun afternoon.

SrUxdlb.jpg