As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

State mandated happiness thread

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    FAQ wrote: »
    got free cake yesterday,

and it was good cake!

what was the flavor

chocolate

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The other day, my nephew was fooling around on the couch, climbing over people until he suddenly dove into a somersault, flipping off the couch and landing on his back

we're like ohshitohshitohshit, but of course he thought it was hilarious

meanwhile, my niece was playing with a stuffed blue bull dog in a manner i can only think to call joyous tackle cuddling

kids are fun

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I started a new job thats actually letting me work more then 15 hours a week. Oh I also got food stamps but its less then I was hoping for, still food in the fridge is better then an empty fridge.

Only 3.5 more weeks until school starts again

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I am eating strawberries and they are amazing

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm so close to being done with this stupid summer class

2 more days! Today my group is presenting our group project, and wednesday is the final and then i'm DONE

for a couple weeks, anyway

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I am hanging out in San Diego for a week with my brother and his wife (and her brother, and 2 of their friends). Going to SDCC and basically eating my way through the city until next week.

Yeah, gonna be a good week.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I made these tonight! They were a test of using the rotary tool in the laser cutter, so I can do the Paragon/Renegade glasses for my friend's wedding. I got these on sale for cheap and since they are gigantic and curvier than any normal wine glass would be, they were a good test for how to deal with really steep curves!
    20140722_201232.jpg

20140722_201248.jpg

20140722_201245.jpg

20140722_201242.jpg

20140722_201239.jpg

I love making things. Taking ideas and making them into actual things that then turn out to be pretty okay is just the best feeling.

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    gonna have peppered corn on the cobs and more 30 rock

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Cello we totally need to hang out.

Somewhere in proximity to the laser cutter.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I got to make a fart joke in a news story I wrote today.

So that made me pretty happy.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I may be having my debut lucha libre in about a month.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    I am eating strawberries and they are amazing

RGksz3f.gif

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    You got that right, Geth.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    gonna be married by Christmas

SO. EXCITING.

gkOKRts.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Yesterday evening I sent out an audition for a voice-over project that I really wanna be a part of.

I really don't think I'm gonna get the part, but I wanna participate so badly, I did my best anyway.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    finally took my mondo art prints to a frame shop

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Yesterday evening I sent out an audition for a voice-over project that I really wanna be a part of.

I really don't think I'm gonna get the part, but I wanna participate so badly, I did my best anyway.

It doesn't hurt to try

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I was feeling kinda down yesterday, so I channeled that into learning how to play the Last of Us theme on ukulele and now I can't stop playing it! It was from this guy's site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpmcMYMWZU

Tonight I'm finally putting the final touches on a (belated) wedding gift for two friends. There's an open source shop in town that has a laser cutter, so I'm doing his-and-hers crystal Paragon and Renegade glasses!

Dammit I heard the music and now I need to go play the game again!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Mom has surgery this morning, I hope everything goes okay!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    My mom and I (well OK mostly my mom) made something for a forumer's kid and now I have to agonize until Fri (knock on wood) for it to be delivered

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    My video card crapped out on me.

That means I get to buy a new one.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Mom's thing went okay, and is in recovery.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Clothes I ordered on Friday arrived in the mail today and they all fit and look good and I got a great deal

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    I might have some exceptionally good news within the next 17 hours.

Update: No I don't yet because nothing in this whole admissions process has ever happened in anything remotely close to the promised timeframes.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I ate ramen for lunch, voluntarily, and enjoyed it

2013_3_29_1011_001.jpg

Yay for spending less than a dollar on a meal and being satisfied

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I spent a few days at the beach with family and all we did was sit about and read and then hit up local places for seafood. I'm pretty happy from that.

I'm also happy I realized I don't like my job at all and need to find a new one. It's nice figuring out what's the biggest source of stress.

Also, Sier's singing along to Foil and it's pretty soothing.

Yukira on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So the neighbour's dog broke out of their backyard right as my dad came in the door from work. Luckily, my dad and mom used to train dogs at a really legit non-profit club (like, American Kennel Club affiliates) and show their dogs across Canada and the US, so he was able to catch her and bring her to our backyard. We didn't think the neighbours were home (turned out the wife was), so we left a message with the other neighbour who has their phone number.

Tooootally hung out with that dag for half an hour in the back, calmed her down (with a bit of my dad's help), got her some water and a ton of scritches and got her to play fetch with me! My other dogs and cat weren't pleased about being able to smell another dog in the house after she had left, but that dog was so cute and I am happy and aaaaa

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Puppy makes @Sheri‌ and I really happy

And I think puppy is happy too

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So far this year I've bought myself a puppy and I just got a new job that I'm super excited for. It's in my hometown, so I'm moving in with my folks for a little bit, which I don't mind!

Mostly because this means a less than 10 minute drive to work.

But also because, with my new job paying my tuition as a benefit, that means I'm going to suddenly not have any bills or rent to pay. While earning a lot more money. So I'm finally going to be able to upgrade my bearded dragon's tank, build myself a new PC to replace my degenerating laptop, and put a down payment on a new car before winter. A bunch of costly stuff I've had on my long term need-to-do list.

I'm looking at the next year or so and it really looks like the beginning of my life being a hell of a lot better.

So yeah. Really damn excited.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @HyperBallad‌ has been posting a bunch of Leunig cartoons on fb and it reminded me that Leunig reminds me of @ChicoBlue‌ (or Chico reminds me of Leunig?). Either way I like both of them, so that makes me happy.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    My parents' dog DOESN'T have cancer!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Biscuits and GravyBiscuits and Gravy Marchwarden of Beardlorien Registered User regular
    Things feel like they're finally falling back into place. I am on track for going back to school in the winter, and I had an interview on Thursday for a higher up position that seemed to go well! I am also feeling more inspired art-wise and am easing back into the groove of drawing daily.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I got a new phone and some pretty good pizza today.

My girlfriend and I are going on a food and beer tour in the city tomorrow as a late birthday present to me. She doesn't really like beer so I'm going to be drinking all the beer forever.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    After almost failing out of college in 2009, taking 3 years off and letting two loans default, I got back into school and moved back January 2013

I'm set to get my bachelor's in May, my GPA has gone from 2.0 to 3.15, and I've already been accepted into graduate school (as part of an accelerated program).

Its strange, and satisfying, going from a student who hedged every grade on the final to one of the top students in each class. All that changed was removing some toxic friends from my life, and having a better support system. My girlfriend has been completely amazing for me through all of this as well, going on five years this winter.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I finally made some (mostly) vegetarian chili with a texture that I like. It's actually chili, and not bean soup with peppers and tomatoes in it too.

It's mostly vegetarian because I had some leftover beef stock in the fridge and I thought I might as well not let that go to waste.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    My mom's fifteen dozen free range, farm fresh, soy-free eggs came in the mail yesterday. Now she can eat eggs and cookies and pudding and cake and spaetzle and tarts again!

Also, these eggs are freaking amazing. They're probably the freshest, most flavorful eggs I've eaten in my entire life. And they make baked goods taste incredible. Soooooo creamy!!!

Creagan on
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I went to dueling pianos for the first time in SF last night! One of the pianists made a joke about the South, so somebody paid them to play "The Eyes of Texas" several times in a row. Nobody could afford to outbid them.

I'm going to the garlic festival in Gilroy tomorrow! GONNA BE SO GARLICY

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    My tabletop game continues, it's not great but we've expanded our roster and moved to a roomier space at the apartment of one of the tidier human beings in the group. It's better to stretch out and have your character sheet as well as dice ready to go, everybody has a bit more breathing room and we've decided that next session will involve delivery food instead of wasting an hour and a half ordering from a restaurant and waiting for grub.

But that's really not important right now.

What is important is the incredibly smart and well trained border collie at the new location, Chewie.

He is an emotional blackmail artist to a level that I have never experienced and I love every minute.

He doesn't normally get to play fetch with his cloth toys in the house when it's just him and his owner, Curtis, it's more of a special kind of treat when it's too hot or rainy outside. But when the dice-rolling-geeks show up, Chewie will grab toy after toy and just set them next to you, wait for you to turn and pick it up and then throw it up in the air so he can catch it and then bring it back to you. This entire process takes about thirty seconds. When you have to roll dice or talk to the GM, Chewie is smart enough to recognize that he doesn't have your undivided attention, so he goes and drops his toy at the feet of the next victim/co-conspirator.

When you don't pick up his toy fast enough for his liking, he will pick it up and and put it more into your field of view because he's figured out that humans have different peripheral vision.

I have told Curtis that when I get stable in Dallas with the right amount of access to a dog park and proper space for Future Dog ... yeah ... I will pay good money for one of his puppies.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I just remembered I still have access to Jstor through my university for a year after graduation.

The last two and a half hours have been spent downloading all sorts of journal articles, for potential world-building reference material and sometimes just because they looked interesting.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    I finally made some (mostly) vegetarian chili with a texture that I like. It's actually chili, and not bean soup with peppers and tomatoes in it too.

It's mostly vegetarian because I had some leftover beef stock in the fridge and I thought I might as well not let that go to waste.
    Back when my dad was vegetarian my mom used to put barley in the chili in place of beef and I liked it pretty well.

steam_sig.png