As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Seventh Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament! It all ends....

OptimusbryOptimusbry Event DesignerLong Beach CARegistered User regular
edited August 2014 in PAX West
Oh, the torment bred in the race,
The grinding scream of death
And the stroke that hits the vein,
The hemorrhage none can staunch, the grief,
The curse no man can bear.
But there is a cure in the house,
And not outside it, no,
Not from others but from them,
Their bloody strife. We sing to you,
Dark gods beneath the earth.
Now hear, you blissful powers underground –
Answer the call, send help.
Bless the children, give them triumph now.

(Aeschylus, The Libation Bearers)

Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent. In this divine glass they see face to face; and their converse is free, as well as pure. This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever present, because immortal. (William Penn, More Fruits of Solitude)

Prologue

Dearest Students,

Dark times are upon us, the headmaster has fallen, and the Drunk Lord's forces have taken over. The final battle is here, prepare your houses, steady your wands, and train your stomachs. Use the knowledge you have gained from your studies, cherish the friendships you have made, and strengthen the bonds that bind us, for in this year, it all ends.

What This Is

The Triwizard Drinking Tournament is an annual bar crawl/scavenger hunt that takes place in Seattle and coincides with PAX Prime. Participants are encouraged to come in costume and meet other PAX attendees before the convention begins. Whiskey Wizardry is the quickest way to make new friends.

When This Happens

Thursday August 28th at 8:30PM.

How To Participate
Updated 7/31

ALOHAMORA!!!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-seventh-annual-triwizard-drinking-tournament-tickets-12465311081

Password: itallends

As the years before, you are allowed a +1 when you order your ticket. PLEASE DO NOT ADD A +1 IF YOU ARENT GOING TO USE IT! Suspicious orders or orders abusing the system will be cancelled at our discretion, so please, lets all be honorable witches and wizards. Each attendee will be asked for a $1 donation for their scorecard and house button. All proceeds from the evening will benefit Child's Play so donating more is encouraged and depending on your house there will be more opportunities to donate throughout the night.

Scorecards
etvarqv8vflu.jpg

Gryffindor

Gryffindor values courage, daring, nerve and chivalry. Its mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet and gold. This house corresponds roughly to the element of fire. The founder of the house is Godric Gryffindor.

Order of the Phoenix

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/448673331942152/

Head of House: Namelessbanana
Head Boy: ArcticXC
Head Girl: Kimbuttes
House Elf: Bri

Schedule:

Gryffindor OoTP

0830 Barca vs Gryffindor DE
0930 Unicorn vs Slytherin DE
1030 Grim's vs Hufflepuff DE
1130 Auto Battery vs Ravenclaw DE
1230 Barca vs Gryffindor DE

Death Eaters

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/313459105416789/

Head of House: RidleyDragon
Head Boy: the_reflection
Head Girl: Wyndstar
House Elf: Star Forge

Schedule:

Gryffindor DE

0830 Barca vs Gryffindor OotP
0930 Grim's vs Slytherin OotP
1030 Unicorn vs Hufflepuff OotP
1130 Linda's vs Ravenclaw OotP
1230 Barca vs Gryffindor OotP

Gryffindor Button:
rzonolxbcojs.jpg

Slytherin

Like Salazar Slytherin, its founder, Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness. The book also suggests that the hunger for power is a characteristic of Slytherins. The animal representing Slytherin is the serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. Slytherin House seems to have attracted more evil wizards than any other house, including Voldemort himself and almost all of his supporters...except for the ones who join the Order of the Phoenix.

Order of the Phoenix

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/142052915934328/

Head of House: AKReign
Head Boy: stabn_
Head Girl: LadyBee
House Elf: Enigmas

Schedule:

SlytherinOoTP

0830 Linda's vs Slytherin DE
0930 Grim's vs Gryffindor DE
1030 Barca vs Ravenclaw DE
1130 Unicorn vs Hufflepuff DE
1230 Linda's vs Slytherin DE

Death Eaters

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/TWDTSlytherinDE

Head of House: TOGSolid
Head Boy:
Head Girl: saldek
House Elf:

Schedule:

Slytherin DE

0830 Linda's vs Slytherin OotP
0930 Unicorn vs Gryffindor OotP
1030 Auto Battery vs Ravenclaw OotP
1130 Grim's vs Hufflepuff OotP
1230 Linda's vs Slytherin OotP

Slytherin Button:
r81y7p4nn7tx.jpg

Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, wit, and wisdom. "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" is an oft-repeated Ravenclaw proverb. The house mascot is an eagle/raven, the house colours are blue and bronze (changed to blue and silver in the movies).

Order of the Phoenix

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/489723884390152/

Head of House: zerzhul
Head Boy: skarsol
Head Girl: hopev
House Elf: Maledicte720

Schedule:

Ravenclaw OotP

0830 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw DE
0930 Barca vs Hufflepuff DE
1030 Auto Battery vs Slytherin DE
1130 Linda's vs Gryffindor DE
1230 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw DE

Death Eaters

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140611516025861/

Head of House: PunkJr
Head Boy: optimusbry
Head Girl: Lorelai Black
House Elf: GiraffeOverlord

Schedule:

Ravenclaw DE

0830 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw OotP
0930 Linda's vs Hufflepuff OotP
1030 Barca vs Slytherin OotP
1130 Auto Battery vs Gryffindor OotP
1230 Unicorn vs Ravenclaw OotP

Ravenclaw Button:
i1py1f3vvzx8.jpg

Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff, founded by Helga Hufflepuff, values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play. They are afraid of ghosts, sheets with holes, and regular sheets. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and black are its colours and corresponds roughly to the element of earth.

Order of the Phoenix

Common Room: https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT2014/

Head of House: Crispy262
Head Boy: BakaAl
Head Girl: ChildlikeEmpress
House Elf:

Schedule:

Hufflepuff OotP

0830 Auto Battery vs Hufflepuff DE
0930 Linda's vs Ravenclaw DE
1030 Unicorn vs Gryffindor DE
1130 Grim's vs Slytherin DE
1230 Auto Battery vs Hufflepuff DE

Death Eaters

Common Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234528553253317/?fref=ts

Head of House: Nianiania
Head Boy: Binkley/peetsnack
Head Girl: Unfettered
House Elf

Schedule:

Hufflepuff DE

0830 Auto Battery vs Hufflepuff OotP
0930 Barca vs Ravenclaw OotP
1030 Grim's vs Gryffindor OotP
1130 Unicorn vs Slytherin OotP
1230 Auto Battery vs Hufflepuff OotP

Hufflepuff Button:
8fqkfjncamw0.jpg

The Challenges
Challenge 1 - THE ESCAPE

Pick a teammate from your home team. Create a polyjuice potion for the two of you, using your favorite ingredients to make one drink split into two shots.

Challenge 2 - MALFOY MANOR

The Order has been CAPTURED!! DE casts their most devious spell, OotP cast a counter spell. Challenge your opponent to rock paper scissors, winner decides who drinks which drink.

Challenge 3 - GRINGOTT'S VAULT

Everything you touch doubles, then doubles again!! Both drinkers must down a double-shot.

Challenge 4 - THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS

The Order and the Death Eaters battle at full tilt, with losses on both sides!
Choose an opponent from the opposing team & battle by drinking the depth charge (drop shot) of your choice. Speed is of the essence!!

Challenge 5: THE FINAL BATTLE!

OotP: Cast one of the three Deathly Hallows (or all three if you’re brave enough) to deal the final blow to the Drunk Lord!
(spell recipes will be provided on site)

DE: Cast one of the three Unforgivable Curses (or all three if you’re brave enough) to insure victory!
(spell recipes will be provided on site)

Special Challenge!!
The Aguamenti Spell: Cast the Aguamenti Spell (drink a glass of water) at every bar and show one of your heads of house to get this bonus challenge filled!

Special Challenge 2!
The House Spirit: Take a house shot in the final round to score bonus points for your house!
Griffyndor-
Ingredients:
1/2 part Cinnamon Aftershock
1/2 part Goldschläger

Hufflepuff -
Ingredients:
1/2 part Creme de Banana
1/2 part Jägermeister

Slytherin -
Ingredients:
1/4 part Kahlua
1/4 part Green Creme de Menthe
1/2 part vodka

Ravenclaw -
Ingredients:
1/2 part vodka
1/2 part Blue Curacao

Wildcard Challenge: Come dressed in proper school attire sporting your house's colors.

How Do I Win?

There's really no winning, per se. This is pretty much a fun, drunken night out with fellow nerds. But for those of you who do manage to finish your scorecards, there will be a button celebrating the fact that you've triumphed over good or evil or whatever. Still not enough? That leads us to...

The final battle:
For every $100 your house earns for Childs Play you score 20 points. For every complete horcrux set turned in you earn 10 points. For every complete score card turned in you earn 5 points, with 5 bonus points awarded for every card filled with Aguamenti Spell. The House with the most points at the end of the night wins the Triwizard Cup for good!

The Golden Snitch:
Hidden in each bar is a golden snitch, find it and you'll be handsomely rewarded!

Tips & Tricks

Don't Be a Dick: First and foremost, don't do anything that's going to embarrass yourself or anyone else. Especially since alcohol is going to be involved you're going to want to leave your asshole pants at home. Don't make us snap your wand.

Know Your Limit: The only person who knows your alcohol tolerance is you. There's nothing worse than an overindulged drunk so don't be that guy. If someone notices that you're getting sloppy you're already past the point of no return. You should probably stop drinking when someone points out to you that you're peeing on a bar stool.

Leave No Wizard Behind: We arrive as a group and leave as a group. If someone has to be That Guy/Gal who gets so wasted that they think they're actually Dumbledore, it's the responsibility of the crawl as a whole to ensure this person makes it safely back to their hotel. Use the buddy system, handcuff yourselves to each other, whatever. No one is to vomit in a bus terminal by themselves. Not this night, at least.

Respect the Heads and House Elves: Anyone designated as a Head or House Elf for the crawl isn't there just to mark scorecards; they're there to make sure everyone's having a good time and that everything runs smoothly. They're there to keep everyone moving and to stop people from jumping up on the bar and dropping trou. If one asks you to stop picking bar fights with the seedy locals, it might be a good idea to do so.

HAVE FUN: This is the most important guideline of all: Have fun! We're all on vacation and we're drinking with fellow nerds so let's enjoy it. Keeping ourselves fairly reasonable for the evening will make it a good time for everyone.

Guidelines for the House Duels or Dueling Etiquette And You: A Magic Users Guide to Not Being a Total Dick

This guide is to clarify a few rules concerning the wizard duels between houses. I know everyone has grand plans of pouring cement mixers and cowboy killers or whatever godawful concoctions people subject their bodies to down each other's throat. While this sounds good in theory, we want everyone to have fun and not worry about a first year student choking on Bloody Tampon and ruining the rest of their night. The following are a few rules to keep things fun:

All Forbidden Curses Are...Forbidden: All drinks must contain only a mix of alcohol. That means no fruit, tabasco sauce, fire, pickles, rubber bands, dirty diapers, razor blades, The Kraken (unless youre buying Kraken Rum...), miniature civilizations, or whatever else your sick little minds come up with.

The Challenger Buys the Drink: To keep things fair and to prevent anyone from breaking their opponents bank by ordering them Dom Perignon mixed with Patron and topped off with Crystal Skull vodka.

Choose Your Partner Outside: At each bar where the duels happen we're going to have nearly 100 people trying to cram the bar. Help expedite the process by choosing a partner outside then going in together and ordering together.

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
Optimusbry on

• Options
    eskalatorkideskalatorkid Registered User regular
    CACAWWWWWWWWW

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Sweet. Me and my wife missed out on this last year. We are excited to get into it this year though.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    *borrows extra fingers from others for crossing in hopes of making Slytherin DE one last time*

• Options
    The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    Can't fully explain how much I am looking forward to another Tri-wizard with you magnificent sons-of-a-witches!

Ummm...
  • Options
    louciefurlouciefur Registered User regular
    Hoping to attend for the first time

• Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I was very happy to see a tweet about this today!

stabn_ on
    Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    thegh0stthegh0st Registered User regular
    This is the thread I have been waiting for. TWDT is my new favorite PAX activity. CACAWWWWW

• Options
    DentronDentron Registered User new member
    I have tried to be a part of this the past 3 years with no success. I really want to play this year - any ideas when registration will be up?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Oh shit

• Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Be prepared on Harry's birthday.

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Alright, one last year? ONE LAST YEAR! Let's do this RAVENCLAW!

• Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    I may have to 3D-print a liver for this.

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    I didn't see it in the OP, what Twitter are we following for the updates on registration? This looks SO rad.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    To all wizards and witches interested in volunteering for a head position, please contact me via floo powder (message). We have many potential roles to fill

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Options
    namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    I would love to be the Ravenclaw Order of the Phoenix Head Girl!

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    /mourn Atlus

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    banghibanghi luddite... CascadiaRegistered User regular
    aw yeah, looking forward to this!

pax
    clt
  • Options
    LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    I agree, can't wait! I met so many awesome people from last year!

(Crossing fingers that I get in again, and meet more awesome people)

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Options
    strider_hiryustrider_hiryu Registered User new member
    It is time.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    As a fan of not wanting attendees to die, I appreciate this year's bonus challenge.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Optimusbry wrote: »
    Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff, founded by Helga Hufflepuff, values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play. They are afraid of ghosts, sheets with holes, and regular sheets. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and black are its colours and corresponds roughly to the element of earth.

Order of the Phoenix

Head of House: Crispy262
    Head Boy: BakaAl
    Head Girl: itchbay
    House Elf: relativiox

Death Eaters

Head of House:
    Head Boy: Binkley/peetsnack
    Head Girl: Unfettered
    House Elf:
    a. I believe itchbay will not be in Seattle for Prime this year.
    b. I volunteer myself for Hufflepuff DE Head of House, or OotP Head Girl.

nianiania on
    2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    YAY!!!! This will be my first time but i am excited. Are houses assigned or do we pick at reg?

Rhea_starstorm on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    You will pick the house/team at registration.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @optimusbry - nice bonus challenge! Glad you added it in ;)

And now all other forum threads are dead for 48 hours due to the collective TWDT SQUEEEE!!!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    whypick1 wrote: »
    As a fan of not wanting attendees to die, I appreciate this year's bonus challenge.

HAIL HYDRATE!

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    You will pick the house/team at registration.
    Ok cool :) just have to decide between Slytherin and Ravenclaw lol - decisions, decisions

• Options
    I see Atlus isn't doing it again this year, is that the reason this is the last year? Maybe I missed something. I will be sad if this doesn't continue. I first learned about it when they swung through a bar I was drinking at.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    I3izzy wrote: »
    I see Atlus isn't doing it again this year, is that the reason this is the last year? Maybe I missed something. I will be sad if this doesn't continue. I first learned about it when they swung through a bar I was drinking at.

This is year seven, which coincides with book seven, thus the final battle. This is in no way the last bar crawl as we're already discussing options for next year's theme. Unfortunately our headmaster was lost during the invasion at Hogwarts and we heads of houses are picking up the pieces for this final encounter. I promise you it will be a memorable night, we have lots of surprises in store.

• Options
    Thanks, that makes more sense.
    Is there a twitter feed I can follow to know when the registration goes up? I don't want to have to f5 this thread forever.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    I3izzy wrote: »
    Thanks, that makes more sense.
    Is there a twitter feed I can follow to know when the registration goes up? I don't want to have to f5 this thread forever.

Look to Harry's birthday for the answers you seek...

• Options
    Thank you kind sir.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Dearest Hufflepuff Death Eaters,
    Join your fellow honey badgers in friendly discussion and coordination! (Or you can just talk about hugs and cuddles and booze!)

HUFF DE Room of Requirement: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2345285532533

HUFF DE Common Room: http://www.twitter.com/hufflepuffde

nianiania on
    2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    Rose_TylerRose_Tyler Ocean Township, NJRegistered User regular
    Aw man, wish I could make it out to Prime, but sadly I'm East-only. Good luck to all the organizers and volunteers!

Nurse Joy - team Red Gold 2012 - team Yellow Gold 2013 and 2014
    Pokecrawl planning committee 2014
  • Options
    onetasonetas Registered User new member
    Gryffindor DE represent! A bunch of us are looking to return to the team this year :smiley:

• Options
    WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Yes but what time on Harry's birthday? Some houses fill in minutes! Is there a way to receive a notification?

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Hey guys, some of you might remember me from East as the blue-white professor of the pokecrawl, I'm heading up the gryffindor Death Eaters this year, I'll have a Facebook and a twitter up before tomorrow!

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Divinations from Prof. Trelawney indicate you may want to be near your wands around noon pacific tomorrow...

Optimusbry on
  • Options
    LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    Divinations from Prof. Trelawney indicate you may want to be near your wands around noon tomorrow...
    Pacific?

• Options
    Divinations from Prof. Trelawney indicate you may want to be near your wands around noon tomorrow...
    Pacific?

Yes, thanks. Fixed that

This discussion has been closed.