As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disappear into your virtual world [Sims 3]

167891012»

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Yeah, so, apparently, if you give a witch the childish trait, he'll just run around fireblasting everybody.

The entire house has a near permanent Singed moodlet.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    There is nothing more pure and cruel, than a child. @Docshifty‌
    remember that

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    So a house of six is too chaotic to actually keep much track of what's going on, so I remade with just two.

Two brothers, Ryan, a writer, and Richard, a somewhat artistic daredevil. Richard went to join the law enforcement career.

And returned with three female visitors.
    One of them, short skirt, thigh boots, midriff shirt, fishnet sleeves, back tattoo. Definitely a prostitute. She starts talking with Ryan and hits it off, they're talking for hours as Richard manages to scorch the MacnCheese. With dinner ready I noticed the two other houseguests are nowhere to be seen. They promptly exit the bedroom together and proceed to scarf down the burnt food. The bedroom has literally nothing but a bed.

Did...did my sim just invite a lesbian couple and a working girl over?

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    HiT BiT, thank you for posting that!

Many years ago, I had purchased nearly every Sims two expac, but all of my discs disappeared. Glad to have it back.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    If anyone is struggling with Sims 2 being a jerk about graphical settings the fix is relatively easy.
    Find your Origins install folder, then The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config, backup GraphicRules.sgr and then open it with Notepad / other suitable editing software, then find and change the following lines.

Original:
    seti Low    1
    seti Medium 2
    seti High   3

Change to:
    seti Low    3
    seti Medium 3
    seti High   3

Original (approximate exact numbers may differ):
    option ScreenModeResolution
       setting $Low
          uintProp maxResWidth      800
          uintProp maxResHeight     600
          uintProp defaultResWidth  800
          uintProp defaultResHeight 600

setting $MediumButDefaultLow
          uintProp maxResWidth      1280
          uintProp maxResHeight     1024

setting $Medium
          uintProp maxResWidth      1280
          uintProp maxResHeight     1024
          uintProp defaultResWidth  1024
          uintProp defaultResHeight 768

setting $High
          uintProp maxResWidth      1600
          uintProp maxResHeight     1200

Change (for me, alter numbers for your desired resolution):
    option ScreenModeResolution
       setting $Low
          uintProp maxResWidth      1920

setting $MediumButDefaultLow

setting $Medium

setting $High

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Sims 2 for free? With every xpac?

Goodbye free time :neutral_face:

• Options
    Is there anything sims won't do of their own volition? Propose marriage, try for baby, get a job/switch careers/quit. I'm not sure what I can just leave up to them to see what happens.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It would be madness. Sheer, chaotic, filthy, terrifying madness.

• Options
    THERE IS A GOD DAMN GIANT PINK BUNNY FOLLOWING MY SIM AROUND FUCK THIS I'M OUT

• Options
    For some reason, my newest Sims3 child (great grandchild of the my Original SIms), is cherry red. I have no idea how this happened, and the only thing I can think of is that my pasty white family married into a darker skinned family.

Thankfully, the purple eye gene is still alive and strong, so I'm gonna focus on her cuter non cherry cousin to continue the line.

• Options
    Ryan and the hooker Penny got married. One of the guests shall not be returning to the house. She stood in the living room throwing rice for hours until I finally sold the wedding arch.

Then she peed in front of the door and left. The amount of people peeing themselves around this home is pretty disconcerting.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh my god. So, Penny and Ryan are married, Richard is trucking along in his law enforcement career, pissing everyone off with his inappropriate behavior.

Penny and Ryan manage to conceive. She gives birth to twins, baby girls. Adorable. But, something strange starts happening. Whenever Richard is in the room, any interaction between Penny and Ryan is just a giant fight. With two children, I decide maybe it's time to move. But, Penny has quit her part time bookstore job and is working up the military ladder. Ryan hasn't quite had enough time to really make it as an author, so the special agent brother is the primary breadwinner. So I buy a lot and start building a house over a week or so.

Everything is going well, Ryan and Penny start getting along once more, the children even age up to toddlers.

Then it happens. Penny and Richard are now in a romantic relationship. They start kissing. Ryan doesn't see this because he's teaching his daughter Anna to walk at the time. It doesn't take long for him to find out and the relationship between the brothers explodes. They hate each other, Ryan and Penny are barely talking. The house is nothing but crying babies, angry outbursts, and the silent Bonehilda, cleaning, judging.

Literally the next day, while Penny is at work, Richard goes on a date and starts another romantic relationship with someone else. Shockingly, Penny sees this as some sort of betrayal (double standards, much?), and begins fighting with him. Well, Richard is a rebellious sim, so he isn't going to take that. He now has a desire to become enemies with Penny.

I mean, at this point, I just need the Jerry Springer expansion and I'm pretty much set.

EDIT: And Richard just slapped her.

JERRY

JERRY

JERRY

Oh my god he slapped her because she cheated on him with, get this, her husband.

Maybe I should just move these people into a trailer.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    my sister and i used to speak simlish to each other. i was always fond of "meeroff shmeel naveel."

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @‌Docshifty

That is incredible and I request ...

NAY, I DEMAND MORE SIM-JERRY-SPRINGER.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    JERRY SIMGER

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Jerry SprAInger?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    JerrAI Springer

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Watching Real Humans for the first time with this thread and Pony's replicant sim is an.. interesting combination.

• Options
    The house remains frosty. Richard now dislikes his niece, Tanya. She's a toddler. I'm starting to think he isn't exactly balanced. I'm going to move the family away from him once the kids age up and start going to school. On the upside, his phone is ringing off the hook with dates, so he's largely forgotten about his tryst with Penny. The relationships are slowly recovering.

Ryan was so crushed from that event he's stayed home for the past week. His daughters are now his best friends. Yeah, the toddlers. Speaking of the toddlers, I've been so enthralled with this daytime soap madness, I didn't realize with Bonehilda walking around, they've literally been terrified their entire lives.

Penny is making her way towards astronaut, but her nonexistent handiness skill is holding her back. There doesn't seem to be any books at the bookstore, but luckily the radio breaks so she attempts to repair it. It shocks her, then catches on fire.

She did not survive.

• Options
    It happened directly in front of Tanya, one of the twins.

On their birthday.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Jesus, it's like a goddamn Charles Dickens novel

• Options
    Hey, so, remember how Tanya's mother died directly in front of her, on her birthday?
    I don't think she's taking it too well.

t0gPR9w.jpg

• Options
    Tanya: "Water, 35 liters. Carbon, 20 kilograms. Ammonia, 4 liters. Lime, 1.5 kilograms. Phosphorous, 800 grams. Salt, 250 grams. Saltpeter, 100 grams. Sulfur, 80 grams. Fluorine, 7.5, iron, 5, silicon, 3 grams, and trace amounts of 15 other elements..."

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Oh my god, Bonehilda, stop making drinks at the bar. You're leaving puddles everywhere.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I installed that free Sims 2 pack. Not only does it not run but it crashes thoroughly enough that I have to reboot. I guess it doesn't like Windows 8.

I want my money back!

• Options
    I installed that free Sims 2 pack. Not only does it not run but it crashes thoroughly enough that I have to reboot. I guess it doesn't like Windows 8.

I want my money back!

Full refund has been processed, please check your bank statement.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Don't make me reinstall the Sims 3, thread. Not again!

• Options
    So it looks like we've entered the 90210 years. Tanya is boobytrapping everything, and Ryan has had enough of her shenanigans, so he sent the twins to boarding school.

Now Bonehilda wants to go on a date with him.

I honestly don't even fucking know anymore.

• Options
    So, my Sim recieved a graduation gnome, so I plopped him down on my trophy table. I then remembered that like many of the gnome family, he randomly changes positions and poses, which is kinda creepy.

Then, one day, I saw I had a new, small gravestone. Apparently, my graduation gnome had died? Now I'm really creeped out.

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, my Sim recieved a graduation gnome, so I plopped him down on my trophy table. I then remembered that like many of the gnome family, he randomly changes positions and poses, which is kinda creepy.

Then, one day, I saw I had a new, small gravestone. Apparently, my graduation gnome had died? Now I'm really creeped out.

Died...or killed again?

• Options
    So, I decided to pause my original family, and start a gardening/science guy to get the plant sim. I succeeded, and turned the man into a plant, and also accidentally created a plant sim baby. While she was a child, she met the son of my original family's imaginary friend. While his mother had gorgeous neon green eyes and electric blue/black hair, he only inherited the eyes. I decided to hook them up together, and have their kid marry into my original family. That was when I found out Plantsims can't reproduce the 'normal' way. So, I cured her, and got them to woohoo. When I was certain a baby was on the way, I went back to my original family in order to create a suitable mate for the upcoming child.

About a week later, I decide to peer over at my family tree to see how the son and his family are doing. And to my surprise, the kid had neon eyes, electric blue/black hair, and ...... green skin. She also apparently got the 'loves the outdoors' trait, but I don't know if that's hereditary, or pure coincidence.

So, my quest to create the Kwisatz Haderach is almost complete.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sims 3... Its like a eugenics experiment without the holocaust attached to it.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they put out a secret update once the new game is released that puts pools back in. And one extra feature... sims can now climb out of a pool without a ladder. Maybe they should get 'revenge against god' as a wish too.