Options

Turnabout Webcomics

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    I forget, is Antechamber oblivious, or just fuckin' with them?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dozed Write Off

2014-08-13-Dozed-Write-Off.jpg
    One doesn't typically awaken on a lazy Tuesday afternoon with the intention of destroying an animal using a high concentration of electrical energy in an effort to discredit their foes, but if you have such inspiration to truly annihilate one of God's creatures and someone offers up a sacrifice smaller than a wildebeast, you should take extremely vocal offense at their patronizing gesture.

• Options
    Length

i-4nmGK6K-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Edison's inspiration was due to prove Tesla's AC was bad
    HE also built the electric chair to prove it was bad

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ronnie I really like that comic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Also he was a Templar.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Also he was a Templar.

Everyone was a Templar

Unless nerds like them, then they were Assassins

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    2012-09-09-chapter-3-page-15b.png

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

she knows they like like each other if that's what you mean

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »

that's my take too

rather she is blithely unaware of the social expectation of Going With Someone to a school dance (and associated Judging over choice of Someone, esp for young women)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

It's hard to tell. I completely misread how Annie would handle Kat and Paz being together, so I think basically anything is possible at this point.

Besides, I totally went to my senior prom with my friends and it was awesome.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Cooked a dude for six hours. He disgusted turn of the century law officials.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Tennessee joke!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Both of you are incorrect about some things.

Edison did not build the electric chair. And William Kemmler did not "cook for six hours".

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/edison-vs-westinghouse-a-shocking-rivalry-102146036/

Edison WAS quite the shitlord, though.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Every once and awhile someone floats the idea that Annie might be asexual. I'm beginning to think they are correct.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's just that the green dude from the forest isn't on the ship.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It's just that the green dude from the forest isn't on the ship.

Totally forgot about that.

Yeah ok.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    timelier than usual, at least

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Her only love is the sea.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Something I've been wondering about is if we should try to make a list of the rules that govern this fair thread and post them in the OP. This is what I came up with:
    Webcomic thread rules and suggestions
    • Rule: NSFW comics cannot be posted, even if censored.
    • Rule: Comics with NSFW material in the archives can be linked, as long as the link says the comic is sometimes NSFW. (This means Oglaf is linkable when it is postable.)
    • Suggestion: Link to the comic, either by linking the image or putting the link below the image.
    • There is not an official position on whether comics should be rehosted before they are posted.
    • There is also not an official position on whether you need to include alt-text or accompanying newspsots.
    • And finally, stop gettin' mad about webcomics.

I tried searching for concrete proof, but unfortunately that proved to be a giant pain. I know sometimes the old image-based rules SabreMau made back in the day get posted, but some of the info is out-of-date (like the rule about linking to NSFW comic has changed over the years).

For the items with the "not an official position", I just meant I can't recall the mods saying anything one or the other. I do not really intend to start a debate about that here, as there are arguments that cut both ways.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    ASimPerson wrote: »

This, times a million.

Creagan on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Dozed Write Off

2014-08-13-Dozed-Write-Off.jpg
    One doesn't typically awaken on a lazy Tuesday afternoon with the intention of destroying an animal using a high concentration of electrical energy in an effort to discredit their foes, but if you have such inspiration to truly annihilate one of God's creatures and someone offers up a sacrifice smaller than a wildebeast, you should take extremely vocal offense at their patronizing gesture.

and they'll say "aww, topsy" at my autopsy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    ndspwgri34frisapfjuboskqwo960.png

• Options
    Mister Burlew casts Greater Protection from Hotlinking on his comics. You need to save them to your PC and then rehost them. Observe:

Collision Testing

EATLEkz.png

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »

This, times a million.
    angry.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

that's my take too

rather she is blithely unaware of the social expectation of Going With Someone to a school dance (and associated Judging over choice of Someone, esp for young women)

I prefer to read it as she isn't interested in anybody she knows on the boat and she is making a joke so they won't do the "feel bad for your single friend at the dance" thing

Though way earlier in the GC storyline I would totally believe Annie was saying that because she is completely oblivious to the social expectation of having a partner to attend a dance, I think her character has grown to point where now she is more dgaf than unaware

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    statler wrote: »

Catfishing is not ok and its fucked up how theyre just coasting over the roomate ruining a guys life and making it like hes the party in the wrong.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well he apparently moved halfway across the state after talking to the girl for three weeks and she had no idea he was coming, so.... Everybody is kinda an asshole here.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Halfway across the province.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Halfway across the province.

So like a county then

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Well he apparently moved halfway across the state after talking to the girl for three weeks and she had no idea he was coming, so.... Everybody is kinda an asshole here.

Hes not very bright sure but I can understand where a nerdy guy in college gets a little impulsive when a pretty girl starts inflating his ego. Transferring schools isnt irreversible at least

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    I'm about two strips behind in Watch your Head. The setting becomes clearer in the next comic. Not sure if the catfishing will be addressed again though.

IVE0002.png
    I am about 5-6 strips behind on J. Rowland's new comic Iverly

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Length

i-4nmGK6K-1050x10000.jpg

I laughed more at this one than I have for the last 30 PA comics combined.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

that's my take too

I prefer to read it as she isn't interested in anybody she knows on the boat and she is making a joke so they won't do the "feel bad for your single friend at the dance" thing

Though way earlier in the GC storyline I would totally believe Annie was saying that because she is completely oblivious to the social expectation of having a partner to attend a dance, I think her character has grown to point where now she is more dgaf than unaware

well why not both. annie is hardly an instinctively considerate person

in this case she is dgaffing about being a third wheel whilst her best friend is trying to have an important and public date, that's hardly nice

it would also seem natural to interpret paz's concern as at least partially motivated by "I thought you were going to leave me some alone time with your bestie"

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

that's my take too

well why not both. annie is hardly an instinctively considerate person

in this case she is dgaffing about being a third wheel whilst her best friend is trying to have an important and public date, that's hardly nice

it would also seem natural to interpret paz's concern as at least partially motivated by "I thought you were going to leave me some alone time with your bestie"

Ooooh yes I see what you were saying now

Yes I agree with this post

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Something I've been wondering about is if we should try to make a list of the rules that govern this fair thread and post them in the OP. This is what I came up with:
    Webcomic thread rules and suggestions
    • Rule: NSFW comics cannot be posted, even if censored.
    • Rule: Comics with NSFW material in the archives can be linked, as long as the link says the comic is sometimes NSFW. (This means Oglaf is linkable when it is postable.)
    • Suggestion: Link to the comic, either by linking the image or putting the link below the image.
    • There is not an official position on whether comics should be rehosted before they are posted.
    • There is also not an official position on whether you need to include alt-text or accompanying newspsots.

I tried searching for concrete proof, but unfortunately that proved to be a giant pain. I know sometimes the old image-based rules SabreMau made back in the day get posted, but some of the info is out-of-date (like the rule about linking to NSFW comic has changed over the years).

For the items with the "not an official position", I just meant I can't recall the mods saying anything one or the other. I do not really intend to start a debate about that here, as there are arguments that cut both ways.

Remember to add the rule about not posting comics you don't like (and not shitting on others for posting comics you don't like). It's the least you could do, I feel, unless you want people to keep posting funny web comics day by day.

That should cover it, though. I think.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    did somebody say least i could do??

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.