Options

[Marvel MCU] This thread is wrapped, in some kind of rope or wire. Find the new one!

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    I kind of want
    Kevin Bacon
    to play a character in Cosmic Marvel now

He...would be a pretty great Doctor Strange. Yeah, I said it.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    I kind of want
    Kevin Bacon
    to play a character in Cosmic Marvel now

He...would be a pretty great Doctor Strange. Yeah, I said it.

As long as you admit your mistakes its cool

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    What Iron Man Armor Suits You? (this isn't some JV buzzfeed poll, it's made by one of those high end model companies)

I got this one which made me smile because it really was the best armor :

imip_zpsc247bf95.jpg

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I thought the Bacon game was just played with actors, not with corporate entities

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Corporations are people too. And they're not people. Whichever is convenient for them.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Man that's not even a sensible manner of talking about Marvel.

The MCU isn't an appendage of Marvel, Marvel is an appendage of Disney, and the MCU is a Disney product first and foremost, built using Marvel IP.

Appendages?

ply5sqeffeaa.png

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So has Hercules ever fought the Hydra organization in the comics?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

There as a bit in the Incredible Hercules (?) where
    Ares is having to carefully word his sentences while on the phone with a man taking care of his pet Hydra, lest he trip some SHIELD eavesdropping.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Saw Guardians today. A lot of fun, plot was not the driving force.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Took my wife to see Guardians. My second viewing, her first.

She loved it, and the movie held up with my second. It was just as fantastic.

She wasn't sure how much she could get into a movie that featured a main character that was a raccoon and a tree.
    Groot's sacrifice made my wife cry, Marvel won.
    :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

He has had to at some point. Everybody fights each other in the comics.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular

Ares is having to carefully word his sentences while on the phone with a man taking care of his pet Hydra, lest he trip some SHIELD eavesdropping.

That sounds hilarious.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

That sounds hilarious.

the whole Incredible Hercules run is pretty goddamn funny

Ares is just a dick when he "joins" the Avengers to get at Hercules

"HALT! SUSPECT IS THREATENING THE LIFE OF MY TEAMMATE! DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED!"

"What? No he isn't."

"I AM SORRY WONDER MAN, I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF RETURN FIRE."

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Power Pack would be great.

Fearless Defenders probably less so as they can't use Dani.

There is also a bit in the previous Hercules mini-series (the one with Texeira art), where Hercules has to do his 12 labours again, but modernized.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    In my mind Fearless defenders in MCU would be Carol Danvers,Black Widow, Sif, Misty Knight and Jessica Jones. So well after the netflix showd and Avengers 2 have aired.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I'd miss Moonstar a lot if they ever did a Fearless Defenders movie/show. She is such a fantastic character.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    HEY! I can finally talk bout Guardians!

It was the best. My favourite Marvel movie so far, by a wide margin. Hell, it's up there for favourite movie in general. Just perfect, fun space action. Loved it, start to finish.
    Yondu was a little weird, bore no resemblance to the one I know from the comics, but he was a fun new character in his own right.

Was slightly disapointed they killed Ronan, because stop killing all the villains off Marvel, but he worked great to hype up Thanos for a future movie. And at least Nebula got away.

Dat face when Quill challenged him to the dance off. Just a perfect "wat" look from Ronan.

Kinda worried the bar is too high for Age of Ultron now. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Was slightly disapointed they killed Ronan, because stop killing all the villains off Marvel
    In fairness, how many movies is it going to be before they start to run out of villains to be fought? And it's not like it's unheard of to write someone back in after a supposed 'death'.
    Red Skull and Ronan could both have been blasted to another dimension/time.
    Zola could/should have made backups of himself.
    The Abomination's still alive, although I don't think anyone really wants him back.
    I think the only 'deader than dead' villains are the guys from the Iron Man movies and the Dark Elf Dude Whose Name I've Forgotten, Started With An M I Think, and I doubt they'd really have much reason to use them again anyway.
    Plus, Loki's still alive and scheming.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Was slightly disapointed they killed Ronan, because stop killing all the villains off Marvel
    In fairness, how many movies is it going to be before they start to run out of villains to be fought? And it's not like it's unheard of to write someone back in after a supposed 'death'.
    The Abomination's still alive, although I don't think anyone really wants him back.
    I think the only 'deader than dead' villains are the guys from the Iron Man movies and the Dark Elf Dude Whose Name I've Forgotten, Started With An M I Think, and I doubt they'd really have much reason to use them again anyway.
    Marvel could use a Magneto or Doctor Doom - a top-level human threat that they can't just put down. Maybe that's the direction they're going with Baron Strucker.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    They can't kill off Loki.

Loki's more popular than Thor right now.

lokilaugh.gif

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Thor2
    Malekith

• Options
    With Ronan,
    they don't need to bring him back as they can always just introduce some other accuser with a personality closer to that of the comics.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I kind of want him not to so that everyone in the MCU
    has a bacon number of 2 through Clark Gregg

That's already the case, though. They were in The Air I Breathe together.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    I kind of want him not to so that everyone in the MCU
    has a bacon number of 2 through Clark Gregg

That's already the case, though. They were in The Air I Breathe together.

I know, you'll note that the comment you quoted is in response to someone saying they wanted him to play a character in Marvel Cosmic.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I finally saw GotG this past weekend. Add another "this movie was amazing" to the opinion pile.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    With Ronan,
    they don't need to bring him back as they can always just introduce some other accuser with a personality closer to that of the comics.
    I think they ought to bring him back as a clone. Kree love clones.

• Options
    Marvel's got tonnes of great villains to mine from the comics.

• Options
    With Ronan,
    They should bring him back, as a clone or whatever. He's an awesome character - Ronan's got the potential to be Marvel's next Loki.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    With Ronan,
    They should bring him back, as a clone or whatever. He's an awesome character - Ronan's got the potential to be Marvel's next Loki.

Recurring villains need to be people who plot and plan, intricate and elaborate plans that can be different from film to film.

Red Skull could come back, Hammer could come back, Hydra and Loki will obviously be back, but you won't see the Abomination again because he's such a one-trick pony. Villains with complex motivations get to show up again and again, villains with simple ones do not.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Abomination would be interesting if he came back as part of somebody else's larger plan, but then disrupted it because he has his own agenda.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    With Ronan,

Recurring villains need to be people who plot and plan, intricate and elaborate plans that can be different from film to film.

Red Skull could come back, Hammer could come back, Hydra and Loki will obviously be back, but you won't see the Abomination again because he's such a one-trick pony. Villains with complex motivations get to show up again and again, villains with simple ones do not.

Ronan is like that in the comics, GOTG didn't give a good example for who he is.

• Options
    In the comics, Ronan
    Ronan even joins a superhero group for a few issues in Annihilation and helps save the universe from an evil universe.

Also tries to commit genocide against his people, but he had a good reason for that.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Then again Ronan is pretty heroic, if not a jerk, in the comics. Has been for a while. He's not really a crazy pants villain.

One of the best Ronan panels:

Annihilation5-020-1.jpg

Annihilation5-021-1.jpg

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    He's not really a crazy pants villain.

Not anymore. He used to be. While I prefer later era anti-hero Ronan myself, it was a totally valid move on the part of the movie to use an older interpretation of Ronan, seeing as this is his first appearance.

• Options
    With Ronan,

Abomination is probably better developed than those other villains except for Loki. They gave him quite a bit of screen time and set up his motivation pretty well. There's also more psychological elements to his character development than the other villains. The whole idea of Blonsky being an aging soldier who still wanted to remain useful and was willing to subject himself to dangerous experiments to do it was pretty interesting.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    With Ronan,

Abomination is probably better developed than those other villains except for Loki. They gave him quite a bit of screen time and set up his motivation pretty well. There's also more psychological elements to his character development than the other villains. The whole idea of Blonsky being an aging soldier who still wanted to remain useful and was willing to subject himself to dangerous experiments to do it was pretty interesting.

They could easily bring him in as the pawn of another villain/organization, as well. Hell, he could show up in Agents of SHIELD if they had the budget for it. They're technically responsible for containing the Gamma folk. Or they were.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    With Ronan,

They could easily bring him in as the pawn of another villain/organization, as well. Hell, he could show up in Agents of SHIELD if they had the budget for it. They're technically responsible for containing the Gamma folk. Or they were.

They could also (temporarily) de-power him and just have Tim Roth play him, maybe with some make up and prosthetics.

• Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    With Ronan,

it is but I dont know he just didn't have the charisma that loki did. hell he wasn't even that imposing I'm sure that could be solved though