Options

not a shitty classical music [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    mrmr are you getting fresh

I have a soda stream

I believe I am on record as admitting I carbonate my jizz

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    that lady seems pretty you may want to reconsider forums and go sexing instead

Assuming that she's not a jerk or something

Jerks need sweet sweet loving down by the fire, too.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Deebaser‌

pls teaching me how 2 sangria

that pic you posted the other day of the sangria and frozen mimosa has me all excited to do a boozy brunch sort of deal with my RP bros some weekend

My pleasure!

Okay, sangria is super duper simple.

First choose your wine. You want to go for a dry wine because you're adding sweet stuff and you don't want a cloying drank.My personal favorites are Pinot Grigio for white and Cab Sav for Red. don't go overboard on price, because it's just sangria. Best bet for quality/value is to grab a good box wine. Bota Box, Black Box, and Almaden are great choices. Franzia and Carlo Rossi are not.

Next, you're also going to want to booze it up. for each bottle worth (750 ml) you're going to want to add a half cup of booze. I usually go with a combo of two flavors, but you can use one. I recommend Laird's Apple Jack, a high proof triple sec like Hiram Walker 60 proof (dekueypers tastes terrible), or Cognac. These are all pretty affordable and quality "hosting grade" boozehancements.

Sweeten da mix. Add 1/4 cup sugar, juice, and your fruits. Fresh Juice is pretty important imo and it is the one thing I'll get kinda snobby about here. Juice two lemons (or limes or one of each, w/e) and two medium juicin' oranges. If you have a juicer, great! If not*, man mode that shit and squeeze it over a measuring cup in the sink! bottled fruit juices are worse than hitler.

Lastly, cut up some seasonal fruits and add it to the batch. I like using a granny smith apple and a peach, but anything seasonal works. The only thing I wouldn't use is oranges with the peel. That adds unwanted bitterness. You can however pick the pulp from the juiced oranges and through that in the mix.

When everything's combined, shake it up to dissolve the sugar and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour (ideally 4).

*OXO citrus juicer is the dopeness for the home bartender. They sell similar squeezers in dollar stores, but those seem to break on me when i need them the most.

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Citrus-Squeezer/dp/B0002BFZ16/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1409979056&sr=1-1&keywords=oxo+citrus+squeezer

Rad, thank you Deeb!

For juicing limes, I usually squeeze them for all I can by hand and then I set a wooden spoon in the recess and just go sickhouse squeezing the rest of the juice out, would this be acceptable or might the wood flavour it?

I think I will most likely do a cab sav to start (for probably a terrible reason, I enjoy white wines more but the red looks more visually appealing) but still hemming and hawing over this

I am glad the actual process and non-booze ingredients are easy as hell, just figuring out what wines to look for given our wasteland of beverage choice here could be tricky, already the box wine seems to give me issues finding it

I will acquire the ingredients over the next week or two (money's a bit tight but I'm working a buncha double shifts, two weeks is a worst case scenario) and report back with my results!

@Rear Admiral Choco

You can make a white wine more aesthetically pleasing by muddling blueberries, cherries, or raspberries and throwing it in the mix for color and flavor!

Sadly. Forget the boxed wine. Fuk da LCBO. Untareeo pls

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/wine/decent-boxed-wines-do-exist-heres-why-ontarians-cant-get-them/article7058629/

only 3 days here and you are on the right page.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Like I don't mind the concept of the LCBO

But I get so buttmad thinking of what we could have

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    would monsieur like the still jizz, or bubbly

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    that lady seems pretty you may want to reconsider forums and go sexing instead

she's so bad. i would have never ever randomly made tonight terrible otherwise.

er

minus the being way pretty.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Sex is lame, I am opposed to anyone having sex

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

The pro beer store/lcbo commercial gets me everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OLn5QojMH8

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I have been asked to do two guest lectures in a fortnight

my time to be revealed as a fraud has come at last

on what topics?

Basically my thesis topic - gender and genre in Japanese popular culture

Y'know what you should do as a project simon? (by which I mean what I'd be super interested to read about)

A survey of anime cinematography for female fight scenes, counting out typically "masculine" fight scene things like low shots that make them look bigger, yelling, flexing, use of visceral violence, etc.

Like even in a really quite shitty show like Railgun, it's always super noticeable to me how powerful the female characters are drawn during a fight scene compared to what you usually see in western media, animated or otherwise.

is this possibly related to the relatively liberal use of female protagonists in fighty anime targeted at boys

That's kind of a big and interesting question, but since it's late and there's no short answer to that, instead I'll just turn it around and say in that case why do we see such a paucity of it in western media?

it's vaguely possible that there are changes in economies of scale related to a much larger anglospheric market - market segmentation by gender is less fruitful when each subdemographic has to go for genericized content anyway, but that doesn't really work out even in europe's smaller language markets

I think some relevant questions are (1) who makes decisions over purchasing toys/related merchandise in the home in each market, and (2) what kind of toys/merch do they buy, a casual Google suggests that (e.g.,) Railgun associated media appears to be regularly sexualized in a way that, e.g., Kim Possible merchandise is not. unfortunately this is not an industry I pay regular attention to so I don't even know whether revenue/cost figures are regularly reported, never mind where to look for them

railgun is totally sexualized a lot of the time, especially in its merch, and it is poop.

But again I think that's all leaping past the interesting question, which is why does that show aimed at teenage boys still embrace typically masculine depictions of action for its female characters, while in the west it feels at least like that doesn't happen but rarely in shows aimed at the same demographic. Changes in cinematography aren't going to make a difference to figurine sales.

what, why not? surely the greater violence perpetrated by shorter skirts is in itself part of a steadier market focus on teenage boys rather than, e.g., a more generic 4-17 market? That increasing the grip on the 12-17 market might be more attractive than a less concentrated attention from a larger demographic?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    jesus this EG vs NAVI game is cray

• Options
    i hope somewhere. she is getting the smooth strong dong that she deserves.

i ain't about that life. or being that guy.

but. . .everyone go get laid. i'll wait

<3 u chatterdoodles

work in 5 hours. night!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    5 minutes 8 kills!

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

The pro beer store/lcbo commercial gets me everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OLn5QojMH8

good lord, they put that shit on tv

who's stupid enough to buy into that?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    would monsieur like the still jizz, or bubbly

I'm quoting this in my game.

• Options
    edited September 2014

Do I just go out my front door and keep walking until the laying is happening to me?

*puts on shoes*

Gim on
  • Options
    I want UNiVeRsE to anchor smash me

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

<3 u chatterdoodles

work in 5 hours. night!

Good night you crazy diamond.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Gim wrote: »

Do I just go out my front door and keep walking until the laying is happening to me?

*puts on shoes*

idk man. idk.

if i did i wouldn't be

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Those kids look like they know how to party tbh

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

<3 u chatterdoodles

work in 5 hours. night!

sell you some cars, due!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I am hopeful to get the next chat because I've had a draft one ready for months now

waiting for its moment

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through at warp 2.9

@skippydumptruck will create the new thread
    @ronya is backup

This discussion has been closed.