Options

Fresh (1994) starring Samuel L. [chat]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    500 calories come from the chicken. I weigh things fastidiously to the gram. Tablespoons was shorthand

Was it 10 ounces?
    WTF?

I'm wondering if the bone-in is skewing that a bit.

From the site I just saw, 10 oz boneless, cooked is ~500 calories. Unless he's dipping the chicken in honey, I dont get it.

Wait... 10oz would be like... 2, maybe 3, thighs wouldn't it?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Shadow of Mordor looks neat

I was completely unprepared for it to be a good game

yeah i mean i know it's technically not a movie tie in

but still i just expect it to be terrible because he other LotR games were shitty movie tie ins

I liked the one that was a top down co-op action rpg.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @21stCentury Your internship is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't give 110%. Don't give 100%. Give like, 75% and use the other 25% on self care in the rest of your day

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    SOMEBODY FUCKING HIRE ME HOLY SHIT

FUCK THIS EARTH

spool if I lose my job in nov and you're still not working we should just play games all day

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Chicken breast.
    On a bun.
    With pickles.
    And Ketchup

More Calories
    More Delicious.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Organichu wrote: »
    500 calories come from the chicken. I weigh things fastidiously to the gram. Tablespoons was shorthand

Was it 10 ounces?
    WTF?

I'm wondering if the bone-in is skewing that a bit.

From the site I just saw, 10 oz boneless, cooked is ~500 calories. Unless he's dipping the chicken in honey, I dont get it.

Wait... 10oz would be like... 2, maybe 3, thighs wouldn't it?

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/chicken-thigh-ns-as-to-skin-eaten?portionid=5373&portionamount=1.000

Deebaser on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Trace wrote: »
    Then again Chu this -is- lunch.

A little extra can help with you not becoming a starving beast between now and dinner.

This has always been the worst advice to give people who are starving beasts at all times regardless.

I'm not saying gobble down a cake or anything, but the fatty chicken thigh could be seen as its own sweet treat.

They are tasty and absorb seasonings very well.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I liked lego lotr...

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    im so fat, im looking forward to dinner on Sunday. Using Chu Math, I will probably eat 8000 calories

Deebaser on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular

FUCK THIS EARTH

I don't wanna be insensitive, but have you tried not yelling this during your interviews?
    Dunno if this is joke-about-able or not. I know you've been workin' yer ass off for a while trying to find something. So, apologies if you don't need any stupid jokes about it right now.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Chicken breast on quinoa

Same meal, slashed calorie count

chicken breast on bell peppers and squash

different meal, lower calorie count and entirely better for you.

Now watch me make this terrible for you again *rolls up sleeves*

This is what I've trained for ... ;)

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    buys a box of granola bars to snack on between meals
    eats the entire box before 9am on the first day
    sobs quietly as someone carts him out in a wheelbarrow.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Chicken breast, brined, injected with cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeño mixture, breaded, deep fried, topped with bacon, in a ciabatta bun.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Shadow of Mordor looks neat

I was completely unprepared for it to be a good game

I watched someone play it.
    Kind looks a bit clunky on PC.
    Sort of like Assassins Creed.
    It even has the tower climbing like AC
    The part I saw was a really bland looking environment though.

The person playing it was having enough fun though, which I guess is all that matters

were they playing on a keyboard?

because that's their own fault.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

FUCK THIS EARTH

I don't wanna be insensitive, but have you tried not yelling this during your interviews?
    Dunno if this is joke-about-able or not. I know you've been workin' yer ass off for a while trying to find something. So, apologies if you don't need any stupid jokes about it right now.

:):):):):)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Chicken breast, brined, injected with cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeño mixture, breaded, deep fried, topped with bacon, in a ciabatta bun.

And filled with poison and the antidote to the poison.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2014
    @syndalis sidebar!

We just haven't built a system that operates with a concept of security as fundamental to its structure. All the security we have is bolted-on and vulnerable, almost as an axiomatic principle. You know this stuff!

We built a system that would treat interference as outage and route around it, one that prioritized getting the data from a to b over making sure that nobody in between was listening to it.

The thing is, you absolutely can create private keys that protect the data during it's journey across the internet.

And you can tie those private keys nowadays to factors that are expressly individualistic (such as apples Touch ID or retinal scanning or any number of biometric solutions). You may only have the image and the number on your phone, but the payload will be in a database somewhere that only your keys can unlock your part of.

There is already a database that has your driving record and license in it. The police use that database all the time. The fact that I need to carry around a piece of paper that says what is already in an online system is dumb and backwards to me.

It may take another decade, but watch California and New York at a minimum float a digital identity wallet program.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Job gripe. Sometimes I really love being a litigator. Sometimes I really don't.

That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    im so fat, im looking forward to dinner on Sunday. Using Chu Math, I will probably eat 8000 calories

Chu math, also known as honesty, is a great way to cry yourself to sleep every night.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

FUCK THIS EARTH

dont listen to this guy. kidnap a class full of children, chain yourself in an elementary school gym, then you have the power and they have to listen to you

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    so two friends of mine (I'd go as far as to say a friend and an acquaintance) have started having sex

i'm pretty sure the friend i am much closer to is just happy to be in something vaguely resembling a relationship and is choosing to ignore the things i know she dislikes (casual sexism/racism, immaturity)

i'm wondering how long she'll put up with it

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

FUCK THIS EARTH

you'll never work in this town again!

*chomps cigar*

• Options
    @21stCentury Your internship is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't give 110%. Don't give 100%. Give like, 75% and use the other 25% on self care in the rest of your day

Dis is actually a very important lesson in general w.r.t. jerb

Yeah, you wanna put in a good effort

But it's only 1/2 your day, 5 days outta 7

Gotta keep some gas in the tank for the rest of life

You can set lap records at work, sure

But you're not gonna reach the finish line

Oh god everything I say is a sports / motorsports metaphor

@21stCentury‌

Have you considered working Sundays?

Because anything can happen on Any Given Sunday!

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I liked lego lotr...

fuck the lego games for not having online co-op

• Options
    Screenshot of some of the art from Dragon Age: Spanish Inquisition. stolen from the DA topic in G&T
    http://38.media.tumblr.com/40eeb84183bb32e31ca3da603ce6e122/tumblr_ncgis7VONP1qj7r9ko1_1280.png

The middle picture is @Shivahn‌ Crayfish Death Goddess

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    so two friends of mine (I'd go as far as to say a friend and an acquaintance) have started having sex

i'm pretty sure the friend i am much closer to is just happy to be in something vaguely resembling a relationship and is choosing to ignore the things i know she dislikes (casual sexism/racism, immaturity)

Depends on how well he throw that pipe

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Spool I hate to say it but I think it is time to...

start looking elsewhere

• Options

Chu math, also known as honesty, is a great way to cry yourself to sleep every night.

The only way a chicken thigh is 500 calories is if it's deep fried in a vat a buffalo sauce and then dipped in TripleHoney Mustard

• Options

FUCK THIS EARTH

:):):):):)

Wait

Spool

Have you tried yelling this during an interview?

Just sayin'

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I wish I could hire someone to deal with this corporate IT dept.

I don't ever want to talk to an IT person again.

Going around them would have immensely improved my life.

But they had to come in with their talk of VMs to run my app on and networking redundancy and big fuckin' UPSs

FFFfffffuuuuu

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I mean, you often get decent people on the other side who fight in the courtroom but are cordial, polite, and while they do a good job of protecting their client, they don't try to dick you at every opportunity.

Then you get people who do try to dick you at every opportunity.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

FUCK THIS EARTH

spool if I lose my job in nov and you're still not working we should just play games all day

make twitch tv, call it "two south two grumpy" or something like that, monetize, and then never worry about working again

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    last night i had this amazing date with this really attractive girl

we started fooling around and i led her to my place

as i carried her into my bedroom i stopped,
    and saw myself sleeping in bed and said 'no no NO GOD DAMNIT, NO'

then i woke up with a quite futile 'noooooo'

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I would be so pumped if I could get this job..

Throwing away literally my whole life and running away to a foreign country is exactly the kind of short sighted decision I need to make right now

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

Depends on how well he throw that pipe

Genuinely can't tell from talking to her if he's actually the second coming or if she's just happy that her sex life isn't just regrettable drunken one night stands atm

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    @syndalis sidebar!

We just haven't built a system that operates with a concept of security as fundamental to its structure. All the security we have is bolted-on and vulnerable, almost as an axiomatic principle. You know this stuff!

We built a system that would treat interference as outage and route around it, one that prioritized getting the data from a to b over making sure that nobody in between was listening to it.

The thing is, you absolutely can create private keys that protect the data during it's journey across the internet.

And you can tie those private keys nowadays to factors that are expressly individualistic (such as apples Touch ID or retinal scanning or any number of biometric solutions). You may only have the image and the number on your phone, but the payload will be in a database somewhere that only your keys can unlock your part of.

There is already a database that has your driving record and license in it. The police use that database all the time. The fact that I need to carry around a piece of paper that says what is already in an online system is dumb and backwards to me.

It may take another decade, but watch California and New York at a minimum float a digital identity wallet program.

I can't believe you don't see the potential for mayhem in the system you're describing. Identity theft is bad enough already! What you're proposing will make it worse, raise the stakes, and apply it to our government instead of just individuals within it.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

FUCK THIS EARTH

make twitch tv, call it "two south two grumpy" or something like that, monetize, and then never worry about working again

Wait

This is genius

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

FUCK THIS EARTH

And if you haven't...maybe you should try shouting it?

Hiring managers like people who think outside the box.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

FUCK THIS EARTH

yes I'm sure spool's patented "oh my goodnesses" will just make the viewers flock in.

• Options

FUCK THIS EARTH

you'll never work in this town again!

*chomps cigar*

No one in portland has even called me back. Recruiters don't even reply to emails!

You've ruined my reputation in a city for the last time, skooples. There will be consequences.

This discussion has been closed.