As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southern Harmony and [chat] Companion

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Every time I get sick I read The Stand and have fevered panic dreams.

This week's news has not been great for those panic dreams.

I am also now being forced to watch Gilmore Girls.

It is... not completely awful. But also not super good.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Also today I decided I'm going to be Matt Fraction Hawkeye today for Halloween

@Wash

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    skippu what are you doing this weekend?

pumpkin patch on sat morning then dinner with another couple on sat night, then watching a friend do a marathon on sun morning

i think

what are YOUUUUUUU doing

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    "Ruin: Essays in Exilic Living" just popped up on Amazon's recommended side bar

without even clicking on it i already want it

"Add to Wish List"

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    what up peeps

I stayed home today due to sick.

Sorry to hear that, broseph :fearful:

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The Q key is sticking on my keyboard. Only works half the time when I press it. How is it the key I use the least gets worn out first?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The Q key is sticking on my keyboard. Only works half the time when I press it. How is it the key I use the least gets worn out first?

your q key's muscles atrophied clearly

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Thomamelas‌

Based on our discussion of horror movies the other day I'm leaning towards doing Ti West's House of the Devil for my instant watch.

It is not TOO grotesque, though there are some parts that people may find off-putting (there is no sexual violence or gratuitous stuff, just some gore that is used sparingly).

I also don't want to alienate the Instant Watch Society.

I would love to intro some folks to horror in a conceptual way outside the realm of Horror Thrillers that made it mainstream (The Thing, Silence of the Lambs, The Shining). I think House of the Devil is a really interesting harkening to older horror by one of the better (if not the best) active American horror directors.

Thoughts?

I love it. I know Horror is a genre you're passionate about and I think that it's a genre that gets shit on a lot, so I'd be really pleased if you did it. I want the thread to be a showcase of films people have a passion for and a chance to express that passion. And I totally trust your judgement here.

It may be silly but getting your blessing in that way is awesome and makes me super excited to participate. I know I'm being overly verbose in [chat] right now but my last year or so in LA and my departure made me REALLY cynical towards film as a whole. I can't think of a better use of the term "you don't want to see how the sausage is made".

I've been slowly wading back into remembering why I wanted to work in film in the first place and when I really thought about it today this movie made the most sense. And also I appreciate the thread as I'm hoping to participate in a way that reminds me why I got into the industry in the first place.

Thanks for pushing the thread, man. It's a great tool, even selfishly.

Also I just realized this means I'll get to watch House of the Devil a bunch of times this next couple of weeks and I couldn't be more excited.

I totally understand. And I want people to be selfish about this because it means they will care. It's why I do Westerns every time. And yeah, getting to rewatch films you love is the best part. Having an excuse to watch High Noon over and over? It's the best.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    so i submitted like 45 poems to places last week and i've been thinking what i should do next so i can start working on a new project and i kind of didn't know what to do

and then it was so obvious that the explosion of writing that came last september isn't over

it was a pretty huge breakthrough for me and i should just continue doing it because i've never been that productive

tl dr the lyric poem is dead long live rimbaud long live reverdy

You should write a book of poetry composed entirely from lines of text in [chat]

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I've been back less then a weak, and already, I'm getting PMs from Lorc. I have no idea what I did to make that guy hate me so much.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so i watched an extended thinger on the Mordor game and like

while it doesn't look like a game I'm into getting for myself

I'm okay with the positive buzz it's getting and the whole Nemesis system is neato and it's an idea I am okay with other games stealing and refining

like every now and then a game comes along and does a thing and it introduces a new mechanic and then suddenly lots of games start using that mechanic in different genres and shit

i am okay with nemeses being a thing in games

• Options
    I am also hoping to skip out of work in the middle of the day on fri to see gone girl

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    I've seen some activity which compels me to clarify on the correct usage of these tools

Snap is for when somebody just got told
    Crackle is bro?
    Pop is Pop! Pop!

POP has the ? so it has to be bro? get it bro?

there is no pop

there is "Pop?" which in a holistic sense cannot be said to have a ? in any meaningful way

• Options

your q key's muscles atrophied clearly

QQ more, weakling Q key.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    abbey road is such a weird album

like, the first half are all of these pretty tight rock songs and then you flip the record and it's this like totally stitched together fragmented melody of awesomeness

I love that medley

Many times at night after work I would cruise around longer than it took to get home just so I could listen to that whole thing

Cathartic

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Nemesis seems like the most promising attempt at procedural storytelling in history. Its a really big deal.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I can't type the numbers eight, nine, or zero now. I don't know wtf is happening with my PC but I can't even type them with the onscreen keyboard!!

Maks no sense.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I've been back less then a weak, and already, I'm getting PMs from Lorc. I have no idea what I did to make that guy hate me so much.

maybe if you weren't such a papist

also hi. I haven't seen you since you've been back

how's your butt

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    so i submitted like 45 poems to places last week and i've been thinking what i should do next so i can start working on a new project and i kind of didn't know what to do

and then it was so obvious that the explosion of writing that came last september isn't over

it was a pretty huge breakthrough for me and i should just continue doing it because i've never been that productive

tl dr the lyric poem is dead long live rimbaud long live reverdy

You should write a book of poetry composed entirely from lines of text in [chat]

it's not a bad idea but the difficulty is working with such a volume of text

although i guess i would print it out and just start doing any of the 100+ textual experiments i keep around for inspiration

cut up, collage, mistranslation, palindromes (in which the sentence reads the same forwards and backwards, ie, "do geese see god")

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    what up peeps

Sorry to hear that, broseph :fearful:

ah just a cold. I'm surprised I lasted this long into the school year without getting sick.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    I've seen some activity which compels me to clarify on the correct usage of these tools

Crackle is bro?
    Pop is Pop! Pop!

I use crackle to indicate detection of electric-neurological activity in someone's post

Reality is occurring inna textured manner in their post

It is no good for bro

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    d0v71v9pnf15.png

The shading is still a skill i do not master...

But i like the effect it has...

I think i need to make his facemask a bit more horny.

Now let us mourn the loss of the winky emoticon.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Fuckin vsnilla

desc on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I use crackle when the other buttons don't properly express

but not often for the same reason

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    so i watched an extended thinger on the Mordor game and like

while it doesn't look like a game I'm into getting for myself

I'm okay with the positive buzz it's getting and the whole Nemesis system is neato and it's an idea I am okay with other games stealing and refining

like every now and then a game comes along and does a thing and it introduces a new mechanic and then suddenly lots of games start using that mechanic in different genres and shit

i am okay with nemeses being a thing in games

I'd like a Borderlands game where if an enemy kills you and you respawn, that enemy is wearing all your weapons and stuff that he stripped from your corpse. Bandits have kidnapped your rocket launcher and shields. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue your rocket launcher and shields?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    man wtf

I can type *() but not the actual numbers.

WTF?!?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    what up peeps

I am strongly considering this strategy for tomorrow if these allergies don't make at least a partial retreat by tomorrow morning

today was pretty much hell >_<

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I say that a keylogger swipes your credit card every time you press one of the affected number keys. charging the appropriate amount

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Why can't i stop listening to "Elle Me Dit"...

• Options
    this mordor game is fairly fun

SHOULD I BUY IT

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

The best one he ever sent me was a GRRM-level list that was a screed of all the papal spies that are everywhere.

Organ grinders were in his list.

Organ grinders. Like, the guys with monkeys on street corners in old timey cartoons.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

That is a good piece. I don't encounter the issue much because my clients tend to be accrual basis taxpayers who derive almost all their income from services, but the depreciation is something I generally don't think about when explaining the benefits of profits interests over every form of equity in America.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    man wtf

WTF?!?

It's a tumor computer virus.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    man wtf

WTF?!?

You should get a mac. The number keys work exactly as they are supposed to.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

The best one he ever sent me was a GRRM-level list that was a screed of all the papal spies that are everywhere.

Organ grinders. Like, the guys with monkeys on street corners in old timey cartoons.

yo that is true though

read ur bible

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Crackle is bro?
    Pop is Pop! Pop!

No, Pop? is Bro? and Crackle is somewhere between awesome and agree.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    man wtf

WTF?!?

You should get a mac. The number keys work exactly as they are supposed to.

LFE's mac has started doing this thing where the mouse pad stops working

keys do work tho

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    this mordor game is fairly fun

SHOULD I BUY IT

prolly not

it doesnt seem like there is a lot of meat here

just like, wander around and fight orcs I guess

• Options

I was warned that the mods only allowed me back because they assume I am Jewish because I am rich and they want sacrifice my son on Easter. . .

This discussion has been closed.