Options

Chrono [Chat]ter!

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It was especially tough because the world in book 4 was so compelling, and then, boom, book 5 is the low point of the series this far by a mile.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    someone sent me a message being all "hey, wanna perform at a thing tomorrow? A friend recommended you and your youtube video is really good"

I forgot I had a searchable youtube video

It's like seven months old and kinda cringey to me now

get more videos out, should be the obvious conclusion to this

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Jesus you might want to link that and write NSFW on it.

It's too late. I've already seen everything.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    someone sent me a message being all "hey, wanna perform at a thing tomorrow? A friend recommended you and your youtube video is really good"

It's all I've seen of your stand up. Update it so I can laff at jokez

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Make a better one! With explosions!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So I take it the Coach liked your 40 yard dash time, and the routes you ran as a wide receiver.

his ball skills

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    So guys, work is being a fascism and won't let me buy a $2300 Macbook Pro on my department's budget. They will however let me buy literally any computer from Dell, HP, or Lenovo. I might be able to get them to buy Asus or something if I find something great.

I like this one from Dell, but people seem to not love it in reviews. They say things like "the wifi straight up doesn't work" and "it has poor quality control". Does anyone own a hellishly expensive PC laptop they can recommend? I want something thin and light with an i7, a legit GPU, a reasonably sized SSD, and ~15" ultra HD screen. It can omit legacy garbage like optical drives and serial ports. Touchscreen is, oddly, a plus since all the software I write ends up on factory touchscreens anyway, so usability testing is a lot easier when I can do it continuously as I program.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Holy fuckin' shit. Signing up for Dice is like opening the flood gates. I've talked to like 10 recruiters today starting at like 8:15 this morning and it's only just past lunch time.

frog rammer privilege

(I am exite for you!)

suuuuuuch privilege.

(Though gettin' woken up 40 minutes before I needed to be wasn't good)

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/20/facebook-asks-dea-not-to-make-fake-profiles?abthid=5445476442e5b05333000012
    While certainly not the first time someone online has misrepresented their identity, the Drug Enforcement Agency may have violated Facebook's terms of service by creating at least one known fake account.

The DEA is being sued by Sondra Arquiett, who alleges that after an arrest in 2010 on drug related charges, her cell phone was seized and from there personal information, including revealing photographs of a personal nature, were used to create a fake Facebook profile. The fake profile was used to contact and friend other Facebook users in an operation straight out of a CBS crime drama.

In a letter to the DEA from Facebook's chief security officer Joe Sullivan, the company asked the DEA to "cease all activities on Facebook that involve the impersonation of others." Doing so expressly violates the company's terms of service. Among the terms violated include the prohibition of "claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization," and providing "false personal information on Facebook," or creating an account "for anyone other than yourself without permission."

The DEA claims that Arquiett "implicitly consented" to the creation of the fake profile. Arquiett is seeking $250,000 in damages.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said that the creation of misleading or fake profiles is "not a widespread practice among our federal law enforcement agencies," but that a review is ongoing.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I only laugh at jokes about the size of android phones. Now that the iPhone 6+ exists, humor is dead.

• Options
    Holy fuckin' shit. Signing up for Dice is like opening the flood gates. I've talked to like 10 recruiters today starting at like 8:15 this morning and it's only just past lunch time.

frog rammer privilege

(I am exite for you!)

suuuuuuch privilege.

(Though gettin' woken up 40 minutes before I needed to be wasn't good)

I give you no sympathy

• Options
    what the fuck would implicit consent entail w.r.t. getting impersonated by the DEA

like, what the hell

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gods'_Man

@Thomamelas @Bogart @surrealitycheck‌ @desc‌

Here is one of the main things Spiegelman talked about last night.

The woodcuts give everyone crazy eyes and the moral of the story is that Wall Street = THE LITERAL MOLOCH in that kind of slightly shrill Depression-era way, but I love it. 30s American social realist lit was my thing in high school (Steinbeck obv, Dos Passos, Sinclair Lewis, Thornton Wilder, Sandburg, etc etc) and this slots right in and I had never known about it till last night.

Plus obviously I feel like this stuff has a renewed relevance in the current era.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So I found out why they wanted me to talk to an executive coach. The CIO promised the coach that he wouldn't hire anybody else until the coach had a chance to talk to him, given that the last guy they hired was such a disaster

loooooool

I crushed that interview and the guy ended it by saying "it's a thumb's up from me, and good luck".

COME ONNNNN LETS FINISH THIS! HIRE MEEEEEE!

The number of hoops you are hopping through, I feel like the last part of your job application will involve climbing Mt. Midoriyama

you cannot be an IT director until you have faced your fears

and mastered them

batman_blueflower_thumb5.jpg?imgmax=800

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    So guys, work is being a fascism and won't let me buy a $2300 Macbook Pro on my department's budget. They will however let me buy literally any computer from Dell, HP, or Lenovo. I might be able to get them to buy Asus or something if I find something great.

I like this one from Dell, but people seem to not love it in reviews. They say things like "the wifi straight up doesn't work" and "it has poor quality control". Does anyone own a hellishly expensive PC laptop they can recommend? I want something thin and light with an i7, a legit GPU, a reasonably sized SSD, and ~15" ultra HD screen. It can omit legacy garbage like optical drives and serial ports. Touchscreen is, oddly, a plus since all the software I write ends up on factory touchscreens anyway, so usability testing is a lot easier when I can do it continuously as I program.

forget this one, can you possibly find a laptop that is over twice as much as the Macbook Pro

Your only required spec is maximum spite

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    also @Feral ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Options
    On a whole nother note. I absolutely understand why people say taco bell is vile now.

Whatever they put into this "big box" (although mine came in a bag because they were out of boxes) is absolutely disgusting.

I'm hesistant to call it food. It's more of a paste attempting coagulation. There's a semblance of flavor that I can only call salt and by product.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I am sleepy and had a shitty workout and have not done any work today

It feels like autumn though

Finally

I will eat pho

where you get the good pho at around here?

I went to Thai Son in Chinatown
    Nothing in NY is amazing pho wise compared to other cities but Baxter st is usually pretty good

poo
  • Options
    guys

im really digging this new hit by Nick Jonas

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

was it like 2 mins long and start off with a giant logo? Cus that's the one I'm talking about. It shows up with my real name. I've got a real 10 minute one from a club that I did about two months ago and shared it around a lot here, but it isn't searchable because i like to send it onto promotors and the like.

• Options

I got my ex an XPS a while ago and it was really good.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?oc=dncwx1603h&model_id=xps-15-9530

maybe?

• Options
    DK - there is a Lenovo that has sli. That's pretty legit.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    BIG PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PEOPLE WITH IPHONES

If you have two factor turned on your iPhone/iCloud, and you update to 8.1, you will not be able to proceed to using your device unless you can send the authentication code to a device other than your iPhone (like an iPad), or have the recovery key handy.

Text messages and Push Notifications cannot come through until you get past this screen, and those are the two vehicles apple pushes those unlock codes through.

Yet another example of apple being a bit dumb right now. I'm fine because I keep my recovery codes for all my 2 factor shit in 1password, but still, that's Busch League.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

My general rule is to avoid Dell like the plague or Ebola.

I would try to let them get you an Asus they are pretty damn good computers.

I had a friend with a Lenovo Yoga the two in 1 laptop/tablet and loved it. But not sure they will be up to the specs you want.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

was it like 2 mins long and start off with a giant logo? Cus that's the one I'm talking about. It shows up with my real name. I've got a real 10 minute one from a club that I did about two months ago and shared it around a lot here, but it isn't searchable because i like to send it onto promotors and the like.

@‌tav

er hm. i don't know actually? i feel like it was before I moved into my new apartment though and that was over 2 months ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

maybe?

That is a lot of screen for a 750M

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    My father in law for the note 4. He was showing me sample images to show how "great" the screen is. The color saturation is so over the top it almost made my eyes bleed. Might really hope there is a way to correct that. To me, it would basically be unusable looking like that. It was exactly like a tv in showroom mode.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

forget this one, can you possibly find a laptop that is over twice as much as the Macbook Pro

This will be a real challenge without dipping into machines that feature neon vanity lighting and an impractically short battery life.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I should probs get a separate apple ID from my wife at some point now that there's all this cloud stuff. maybe when I get a new phone.

• Options
    Danky tell them you'll accept nothing less than this

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/world-s-most-expensive-laptop/1299686

M_Id_484501_Laptop.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The main difference between the note4 and a tv in show room mode? The tv fits in your pocket better! *rimshot*
    the magic is gone

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    i completly understand why people looked at me like i was insane when i defended taco bell in the past.

for years i've been navigated the mine field that must be their menu just by ordering fresco and chicken burritos. never the usual stuff on the billboards and what not.

if what i just ordered is indicative of what most people experience at taco bell then i'm deeply ashamed of society.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    On a whole nother note. I absolutely understand why people say taco bell is vile now.

Whatever they put into this "big box" (although mine came in a bag because they were out of boxes) is absolutely disgusting.

I'm hesistant to call it food. It's more of a paste attempting coagulation. There's a semblance of flavor that I can only call salt and by product.

I saw this commercial during Walking Dead last night and it completely baffles me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTAFvvg1Yo
    Damn, that's some good looking fish and oh! I want to sink my teeth into that grilled corn and there's music and people dancing and everyone is fat and happy.

And then in the last five seconds Fast Food claims they have replicated this experience. No! I want real fish now! You can't jerk me around like this, Long John Silver!

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    It looks like only gamer brands have released laptops with 970Ms yet, and that should really be the GPU to strive for if you want vidyagames.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    the best memory of brunch yesterday is when @Deebaser‌ made an impassioned argument about which 90s boy band song had which video

the answer: backstreet's back

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh on cellphone news loving my HTC One M8.

Front speakers are god damn civilization.

Why did no one do this before?

Had to use it a lot today talking to different folks on the phone and it is fantastic.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

This will be a real challenge without dipping into machines that feature neon vanity lighting and an impractically short battery life.

you're not looking for a product that works you're looking for a product that hurts.

...them.

...financially.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    @desc have you kissed Susan yet? please report.

@Sir Landshark‌ Oh, no

I have not seen her since Saturday

Edit: well I mean

Goodbye kiss does not count

To dr there is nothing to report

Field scout desc over and out

desc on
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »

maybe?

That is a lot of screen for a 750M

Wow, I didn't even notice that. I got one 2 years ago and it had a 680M, I have no idea why they went down for the high end ones.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

what

the

fuck

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.